Will USJ, JCS get level field in D-II?

monster man

And then you have little private schools who take advantage of their situation. Grace Christian has recently aquired transfers from about 6 or 8 public schools in Knoxville. Its also their best players. Some people don't think thats all that fair.

And then again, some people don't feel it is fair that magnet schools get their pick of kids from the entire city system and still able to compete as a single A team. That is one of the many reasons I am glad to see D-II.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then you have little private schools who take advantage of their situation. Grace Christian has recently aquired transfers from about 6 or 8 public schools in Knoxville. Its also their best players. Some people don't think thats all that fair.

It's also not fair when a big public school has a player playing for them who blatently lives in another county. I know of two instances of this in the last couple of years. It's also not fair that public schools who have co-op agreements with schools who don't offer football do not have to count the co-op schools students against their enrollment for classification purposes. It's also not fair that public magnets can get students from all over a county while whining about privates doing the same thing.

'monster man...let me give you the opportunity to tell everyone when these private schools got their "unfair advantage" playing in 1A. What year did that start? Have fun with that one.'

well, i'm not monster man,

but i dont think usj had any unfair advantage in 1-a....

no more than the 2-a (or did you say 3?) publics have any unfair advantage over usj.

it seems the shoe is on the other foot now,

and apparently usj doesnt like it any better than their erstwhile opponents did.

for what it is worth,

i get no joy from their current situation,

and i hope d-2 works out well for them.

It's also not fair when a big public school has a player playing for them who blatently lives in another county. I know of two instances of this in the last couple of years. It's also not fair that public schools who have co-op agreements with schools who don't offer football do not have to count the co-op schools students against their enrollment for classification purposes. It's also not fair that public magnets can get students from all over a county while whining about privates doing the same thing.

All of these are true. There are inate advantages to having a private school enrollment, an open zone, magnet schools and co-ops over the schools that have defined boundaries and get what they get.

Logically I think if defined boundaries are 1, then it's not that much of a stretch to say that the other types of schools are 1+. TSSAA had the right idea. They just didn't take it far enough.