District 11A

thenomad

GET OVER ALREADY!! We all have our opinion. It won't change. Let's talk Region now. This may turn out to be one of the best Region tournaments in a long time. Every team in it has a chance to win it. I don't think Culleoka is going to waltz through this time. I think that all 8 teams have a legit shot at winning. The #4 seed upset the #2 seed in district 12A. Culleoka will have to get passed a young, hungry Perry Co. team then a high scoring Summertown team, if they can get passed a pesky CA team. That is just one side of the bracket. Collinwood is the favorite but I think Cornersville presents a few matchup problems if the guards can just handle the rock. Richland will play Wayne Co in which both teams may hit 10-15 3s. I just can't really pick who wins what.

Any predictions and explanations why?

Cully/PC................Cully by 10

R'land/WC.............R'land by 5

S'town/CA.............S'town by 10

C'wood/C'ville.........C'wood by 6

Cully may be the last 11A team standing after this first round. Look for Pilkinton, Upshaw, Walton to be fired up for the game with Perry County. CJ's defense will be outstanding. Stephens will also be ready for action. Cully outlasts them all.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cully may be the last 11A team standing after this first round. Look for Pilkinton, Upshaw, Walton to be fired up for the game with Perry County. CJ's defense will be outstanding. Stephens will also be ready for action. Cully outlasts them all.

So you are calling for a Culleoka roll through the tourney? I agree they should be in the finals but I think Summertown or Collinwood could end Culleoka's dominance. I have a hard time believing that a team that rolls through there district can also roll through their region. I pick Culleoka to get to Murfreesboro, but they will not roll through the region. Always keep your eyes peeled for bumps in the road!

So you are calling for a Culleoka roll through the tourney? I agree they should be in the finals but I think Summertown or Collinwood could end Culleoka's dominance. I have a hard time believing that a team that rolls through there district can also roll through their region. I pick Culleoka to get to Murfreesboro, but they will not roll through the region. Always keep your eyes peeled for bumps in the road!

No, reread my post- or maybe I wasn't clear... After the first round of games, I think Culleoka will be the 11A team still in the competition with the other 11A schools losing their first game. And "Cully outlasts them all" would be all 11A teams involved. I do think Culleoka will have a good run, however.

Congratulations to Matthew Williams for winning player of the year for the district. He is a very good player and is always working the court! Also, to Antwane Beach, big congrats on tourney MVP! And to all those players who were not recognized on either district or tournament teams- these guys could not have been recognized without you! You work hard and the fans, coaches, and schools appreciate you more than you know! Keep up the good work! (Oh, yeah, go B.S.! Culleoka is proud of you, too!)

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

femaletamale:

just curious--what part of this is funny to you?

i think you're right. the beech twins need to be ready under the goal for everything--shots and rebounds! holt will be fired up and full of energy for this game. perry county may want it alot. i believe slatten used to coach there in the past. i hope the culleoka student section shows up. seemed to fire up the guys alot the other night at richland!

i think you're right. the beech twins need to be ready under the goal for everything--shots and rebounds! holt will be fired up and full of energy for this game. perry county may want it alot. i believe slatten used to coach there in the past. i hope the culleoka student section shows up. seemed to fire up the guys alot the other night at richland!

You need to be on the horn rounding up that student section, luv! That's the thing about Saturday night games- kids are not at school to hear the game announced. Hopefully, they will show up to cheer! I know the guys will show up to play! See ya there.....

You need to be on the horn rounding up that student section, luv! That's the thing about Saturday night games- kids are not at school to hear the game announced. Hopefully, they will show up to cheer! I know the guys will show up to play! See ya there.....

maybe more will show up tues. night. saturday night was slim on students. and i don't think they felt compelled to cheer since it wasn't a close game. but tuesday night, we will need ALL of them there CHEERING their hearts out. is it going to be a white out? blue out? or pass out when it's over? let us know!