Marshall County at Cheatham County

HesterBeSeeinULater

This contest's version of 'Marcus Rich's Weekly Game Notes' are now uploaded onto the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page. You can view them by clicking on the link titled 'Cubs Friday Night' under the Main Menu.

Hope everyone has a safe trip up the interstate from Lewisburg on Friday evening. If you aren't able to make it you can listen to the game on WQSV by clicking on the link titled 'Cubs Radio Network" on the fan page. Pregame will go on the air at 7:10PM and kickoff is slated for 7:30PM.

NOTE: There will be a "Chili Supper" at the CCCHS parking lot on Friday evening and it is schedule to begin at 5:00PM. I know that will certainly be sounding nice on Friday when the weather drops into the mid-50's. Autumn has officially arrived and I LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks!! we love us some CHILI!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a CLASSIC!!! It featured the Marshall Co. big play attack against the Cheatham Co. grind it out attack. The Tigers scored on two 3rd & Long + 1 4th & 19 plays. Morris had a TD run & two long TD passes to Kareem Peterson. Justin Braden was limited by the Cubs defense tonight. He finished with 48 yards rushing on 14 carries. Cheatham Co. rushed for more than 300 yards as a team in the loss. Big nights running the ball by Shawn Montgomery & Joe Rinehart.

Congrats to Marshall Co. You guys made the clutch plays down the stretch to win again. AGAIN....... There must be something in the water down in Lewisburg. Maybe it's "Holy Water" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hickman Co. (37-36)

Creek Wood (17-14)

Columbia (33-30)

Page (28-20)

Cheatham Co. (28-21)

5 of your 6 wins have come by a combined total of 22 points. Now that is what is called CLUTCH PERFORMANCES by a football team.

Cheatham Co. now has to win out in order to make the playoffs for a 7th straight season. Spring Hill, Creek Wood, Montgomery Central, & Page are the oppositions. Despite the fact that it was a loss the game tonight was the best performance by the Cubs all season long. There were a few BIG PLAYS left out there but all in all I thought the effort was very good. Keep your heads up guys and keep playing hard. Good things will come!!!!!

the tigers are makin old men out of a lot of people, including me, with all these close games!! It seems like all season the tiger offence has had to come back in the fourth quarter to win a very close game. Those guys do not panic and i'll give it to morris, he has made a believer out of me and has improved greatly since last year. It seems like he has ice in his veins, throwing at least 3 of his 10 td passes on 4th and long. like catfish said, this was a classic region 5-3a game. CC's quarterback is a ballplaer and he can really hurt you with his legs as the tiger defence found out last night. I thought Cheatham was the most physical football team the tigers have played thus far. I believe they may be able to win out and go to the tssaa state playoffs for an 8th straight season if they play the way they did last night. Our prayers go out to Broderick Tears as he goes to get an mri on his knee sometime this week. Really hope he is gonna be ok. That is a young man to watch out for for the next couple of years if he can stay healthy.

Marshall County by 35. Cheatham County will be lucky to score

Wake up Harry!! This game has been played. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Marshall County by 35. Cheatham County will be lucky to score

Good Call /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />