Sullivan North @ Tennessee High

tricitiessportsfan

Who do you think will win this matchup?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this matchup?

Random question for the Tennessee High fans...do you sale pizza at your concession stand? I was troubled to find that at Sullivan East pizza is not on the menu. I like to spend a little money at the concession stands at every game I attend to help support the local schools, looking to do the same at the Stone Castle on Friday night, so if pizza is on the menu I'll be more satisfied.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading these posts over the past few weeks I have come to realize that many MLC teams are relishing the thought that THS is plagued by injuries and hoping for their best shot at winning when playing them in quite a few years. The thing I can??™t seem to grasp is why they can??™t understand why we??™re not playing to our potential. Have they thought that maybe our ???potential??? is sitting or standing on the sidelines with crutches, concussions, etc. We are not blessed with numbers like all 5A and some 4A schools are so when a playmaker goes down it is not all that easy to replace him with another playmaker. Our team works harder, or as hard as anyone week after week and still can??™t seem to get over the hump due to more injuries. Let Sullivan South play without Taylor Fletcher AND Kaleb Kitzmiller AND Ty Garvin AND Clint Phillips and see if it makes a difference in their overall play. We have had more than our fair share of injuries this year and we will just have to do the best we can. Just don??™t question what is going on and why the games we win are close in score and the games we lose-???why did they give up? ??? There are many lessons to be learned from playing football and I believe our boys are learning them and understanding what it is like to play under adversity.

Also, I??™d like to say something about the criticism the fans receive. ???The fans aren??™t cheering, quiet stadium, other fans are louder, etc.??? I have attended THS games for many years and it is the same every year. They haven??™t just decided to play quiet mouse this season-it has been that way for a while. I can??™t tell you why it is the way it is, all I can tell you is that I yell and encourage the team and the people around me do, also. I think maybe our spirit squads could do a little better in leading the crowd in cheers and getting everyone involved. The band, too!!

This Friday night I believe our team will come out fighting and show what they are made of. They are ready to right the Viking ship! WE ARE ??¦.VIKING PRIDE!!!!!!

Reading these posts over the past few weeks I have come to realize that many MLC teams are relishing the thought that THS is plagued by injuries and hoping for their best shot at winning when playing them in quite a few years. The thing I can??™t seem to grasp is why they can??™t understand why we??™re not playing to our potential. Have they thought that maybe our ???potential??? is sitting or standing on the sidelines with crutches, concussions, etc. We are not blessed with numbers like all 5A and some 4A schools are so when a playmaker goes down it is not all that easy to replace him with another playmaker. Our team works harder, or as hard as anyone week after week and still can??™t seem to get over the hump due to more injuries. Let Sullivan South play without Taylor Fletcher AND Kaleb Kitzmiller AND Ty Garvin AND Clint Phillips and see if it makes a difference in their overall play. We have had more than our fair share of injuries this year and we will just have to do the best we can. Just don??™t question what is going on and why the games we win are close in score and the games we lose-???why did they give up? ??? There are many lessons to be learned from playing football and I believe our boys are learning them and understanding what it is like to play under adversity.

Very good points in your posts. I believe you'll win this one----Good Luck.

LOL I just have to get this one in, do you remember when you said I was making excuses for North having injuries and things of that nature two years ago and by the time we played yall we were just beat up with injuries and then yall ran the score up???? HMMMMM I got to QUIT WHINING!!!!!! lol what you told me. OH Yeah I am gonna really enjoy hearing bout this one. Yall keep me up with it lol. Sounds as if time for the score to be evened up on this one guys lol. ROFL

LOL I just have to get this one in, do you remember when you said I was making excuses for North having injuries and things of that nature two years ago and by the time we played yall we were just beat up with injuries and then yall ran the score up???? HMMMMM I got to QUIT WHINING!!!!!! lol what you told me. OH Yeah I am gonna really enjoy hearing bout this one. Yall keep me up with it lol. Sounds as if time for the score to be evened up on this one guys lol. ROFL

No, I don't remember me saying that because I didn't post on these boards during that time. But I do remember that not very many people noticed if you weren't winning or struggling in games that you did win because it wasn't like North had been sitting near the top of the MLC for several years and then all of a sudden you were in a bind and possibly not expected to repeat your success. Two totally different scenarios. I am happy that North is doing well-all of the boys work hard and deserve to win-only thing is there is always a loser in every game and I am hopeful THS comes out on top in this one.

Random question for the Tennessee High fans...do you sale pizza at your concession stand? I was troubled to find that at Sullivan East pizza is not on the menu. I like to spend a little money at the concession stands at every game I attend to help support the local schools, looking to do the same at the Stone Castle on Friday night, so if pizza is on the menu I'll be more satisfied.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Yes they usually serve pizza; it's usually Papa Johns, but they may have switched to Little Caesars?

I dont think I was replying to you but yeah i believe you were in on it at that time. Danny Thomas was QB and anyway I was just throwing in some humour and just joshing the guys, dont take it too seriously ya know life is short and its all in good natured sportsmanship. After high school real life occurs and football is just that, it doesnt figure in most of these boys life afterwards if they arent lucky enough to get a scholarship. Believe me, I know my boy did get one and he chose to go in the army and you know now he just still wants news of that ole home team and is proud to call himself a raider because it comforts him over there in that war zone. So dont take things so serious, enjoy each and every moment to its fullest cause you just never know. I pray each and every day that things are ok for my boy and all the others that are over there giving their lives, bravery and honor for the niceties we all enjoy each and every moment of our lives Including FOOTBALL GAMES!!!!!GO RAIDERS LOL

Any news on if this game will be the Charter Main Street Game of the Week?

Also, does anyone know if the Sullivan North band travels to away games? I know the number of people in the stands doesn't win games, but it does help the players on the field mentally. The band being in the stands and 'tooting their horn' may help the team in what may be the schools biggest game in over a decade.

Any news on if this game will be the Charter Main Street Game of the Week?

Also, does anyone know if the Sullivan North band travels to away games? I know the number of people in the stands doesn't win games, but it does help the players on the field mentally. The band being in the stands and 'tooting their horn' may help the team in what may be the schools biggest game in over a decade.

Lets not build this game up to be the superbowl. I'd say the game 4 years ago against Seymour for the schools first and only region title was a little bit bigger. This is just one game in a season of many, right now its know bigger than the game against East, or Central was at the time they were played. One game at a time,

According to Sonny Moore's Computer Power Ratings, Tennessee High is a four (4) point favorite over Sullivan North, 107.71 to 103.81. Not included in these ratings are Tennessee High's 28-17 victory over Virginia High and Sullivan North's victories over Rye Cove, 56-12, and Lee High, 45-14.

Considering all the stats and intangibles, this seems to be a solid prediction. But, what do I know? The famous Major Amos Hoople (Bill Lane) has yet to employ his new system of calculus, geometry, smoke and mirrors, and plain horse logic to predict the winner of this one. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

The North Band will be at the game - and don't expect them to stop playing when THS has the ball - ever! It may not add much to distraction, but we do what we can to help our guys on the field. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

All things being equal, I think North can win this game - if they can push past the fear of playing in the Castle!

We are not blessed with numbers like all 5A and some 4A schools are so when a playmaker goes down it is not all that easy to replace him with another playmaker.

Understandable, but also keep in mind that the majority of your conference opponents, such as Elizabethton, Johnson Co., Unicoi Co., and Sullivan North are student population wise 3A schools with less depth than Tennessee High. I understand your talking about injuries, I am simply pointing out the disadvantage your competition faces due to lesser student population numbers, where injuries play an even more significant role to the success of their teams. This week, you face a Sullivan North team where a major injury to 1-2 key players could potentially take away their competitive edge. The Raiders have a grades 9-12 student population of 630 students, as quoted by Coach Norris in a tricitiessports.com article, leaving them at a significant disadvantage. Be glad you??™re in a situation where you can replace talent with other talent, though they may be inexperienced.