Rankings For Week of 9/28-10/4

mjuhb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briarcrest - 4

ECS - 5

Awesome game! Briarcrest scored, then ECS scored.....which was the repitition for the entire game! Neither team scored two goals in succession.

Teams were tied 1 to 1 at the half. ECS received two yellow cards during the game while Briarcrest received a red card with 10 minutes left in the game....very tough break against a team like ECS. The winning goal for ECS was scored on a corner kick with about 30 seconds left in the game.

Looking forward to regionals! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

How was the game?

West regionals are going to be some great games. With six teams, I guess that the top two seeds will have byes on the first night of play with seeds 3 through 6 playing first. I'm not sure who would play who on the 2nd night of regionals though.....

I reported the score and was happy to put this behind us. It was obvious that the new coach has decided that the previous coaches style only lacked weight training and raw meat to make the team better. I do think I saw some WWF scouts in the crowd. You asked, so here goes:

Did not do my usual tonight and just tried to enjoy the game, so my times may be a little off. SBHS scored first at about 20 minutes in on a corner. SAA had maintained the ball most of the game at that point. The goal seemed to fire up the seniors and SAA went up a notch and scored off a great display of dancing foot work and a rocket from about 25 yards about six inches below the top bar. Carmen is her name and was in a cast from the Collierville game 2 days ago. Half time 1-1. SBHS continued to to pound SAA with major physical play. The game had 2 Refs, or should I say there were two gentlemen wearing yellow shirts and one actually seemed to be watching the game. The other ref apparently did not have a whistle. OR, he has not been to the course on how to operate a Roy Gonia (waterdog joke). Hands and elbows flew way beyond an acceptable level, for one who thinks soccer is a game of foot skills. Finally, the awake ref saw an SAA players arm being torn off in the box and was forced to blow the whistle he apparently had found on the sideline and called a PK (handball in the box). BTW, for all you soccer girls out there, there is a new rule that allows holding the others team shirts for as long as you wish. PK in, 2 to 1. Her name is Aja and is a defender. SAA likes to spread the love. From that point on, I think 20 something minutes, gloves came off. As I recall, we lost one of the refs about then because he saw some guys tying 13 knots in a rope. Bottom line, UGLY. Hulk Hogan would have been proud. SBHS has way to much talent to try to punch their way to a win. If you beat up on a team that has some talent, you just might wake the sleeping giant. Our girls don't play that way, but they don't run from it either. I don't bash refs for fun or excuses, but after watching three girls go out two days ago and one to the hospital, I was not ready for a battle of muscle. ONLY ONE CARD. Could have been many.

Great games by the keepers for both teams and a great save near the end by the SAA keeper on a high shot she tapped over the net. Her name is Devan. Several of the St. Agnes girls were awarded the Purple Heart after the game. They are Madeline, Neeley, Carleigh, Molly, Bethany, Tricia, Suzanne, Leslie, Danielle, and Christine. Administering first aide were: Caroline, Sarah, Camilla, Lauren, Mary Kate and Eileen. Pray I got them all. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

From that point on, I think 20 something minutes, gloves came off. As I recall, we lost one of the refs about then because he saw some guys tying 13 knots in a rope. Bottom line, UGLY. Hulk Hogan would have been proud. SBHS has way to much talent to try to punch their way to a win. If you beat up on a team that has some talent, you just might wake the sleeping giant. Our girls don't play that way, but they don't run from it either. I don't bash refs for fun or excuses, but after watching three girls go out two days ago and one to the hospital, I was not ready for a battle of muscle. ONLY ONE CARD. Could have been many.

Sounds exciting and congrats on your win. When we played SBA, it was an extremely physical game...and I agree, they do have talent on the team and should not have to resort to physical play. Our refs for our game turned a blind eye to much of the rough-housing. One SBA player received three warnings in our game....but never a yellow card....tough to stop rouch play with only verbals and no card. However one defender for SBA did eventually receive a yellow, and Briarcrest stayed clean.

I'm really not sure why the Briarcrest player received the red tonight (with no previous yellow)....there was a slide tackle in the middle third of the field, a card came out, she went off the field (for the 2 minute penalty) and Briarcrest subbed her. However, play was halted and delayed while the center indicated that it was a red.....still not sure why....could have been dissent after the yellow was given....The extra time awarded with the delay in the game cost us with ECS scoring during that stoppage time.

However, our game tonight was really a very well called game by the ref team....and we did have three refs who were very attentive to the game for the most part....we felt very lucky for that!

Do you know how the regional seeding and play will be scheduled?

Sounds exciting and congrats on your win. When we played SBA, it was an extremely physical game...and I agree, they do have talent on the team and should not have to resort to physical play. Our refs for our game turned a blind eye to much of the rough-housing. One SBA player received three warnings in our game....but never a yellow card....tough to stop rouch play with only verbals and no card. However one defender for SBA did eventually receive a yellow, and Briarcrest stayed clean.

I'm really not sure why the Briarcrest player received the red tonight (with no previous yellow)....there was a slide tackle in the middle third of the field, a card came out, she went off the field (for the 2 minute penalty) and Briarcrest subbed her. However, play was halted and delayed while the center indicated that it was a red.....still not sure why....could have been dissent after the yellow was given....The extra time awarded with the delay in the game cost us with ECS scoring during that stoppage time.

However, our game tonight was really a very well called game by the ref team....and we did have three refs who were very attentive to the game for the most part....we felt very lucky for that!

Do you know how the regional seeding and play will be scheduled?

I hate the extra, extra, when will he blow whistle, can they not be showing favoritism time that lets the other team score. Why is is always "the other team".

Haven't thought about the regional deal until tonight. Not bragging, but have ever had to give it much thought until this year. We have so many teams close, I will have to dig into it tomorrow. Brain shot. You guys did what no one else has done, score a bunch on ECS. Congrats on that. Sorry they got one more.