big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe Tenn high and Central are the two sleepers you all need to watch out for.......ya ya you hear all this hype about DB this and DB that. They dont want to get such a "big head" so early in the season, but i believe DB will have a little wake up call early in the season when they visit the Cougar Den.

You could be right Classy but the real thing is IF Central is to be successful they need to concentrate on The Hill and ALL the other big 9 teams. To move on you have to win or ruuner-up in District tournament. Being 2nd is alot better than going home. I watched some cougar ball last year and they seem to let down in a few games late in the season. They can't afford to have any letdown games year.

You could be right Classy but the real thing is IF Central is to be successful they need to concentrate on The Hill and ALL the other big 9 teams. To move on you have to win or ruuner-up in District tournament. Being 2nd is alot better than going home. I watched some cougar ball last year and they seem to let down in a few games late in the season. They can't afford to have any letdown games year.

Yeah you have a point,but i believe that central has enough depth to run with the bigger teams. The Hill is another team that will be tough, but last year central won the fight at home. Central has 8 returning seniors and some juniors that have a lot of experience. All the other teams are pretty equal but if central and their mighty student section rallys together they can be a pretty strong force to handle.....home or away.

Yeah you have a point,but i believe that central has enough depth to run with the bigger teams. The Hill is another team that will be tough, but last year central won the fight at home. Central has 8 returning seniors and some juniors that have a lot of experience. All the other teams are pretty equal but if central and their mighty student section rallys together they can be a pretty strong force to handle.....home or away.

your right central does have several seniors back but what about south,east, and volunteer. south won the jv tourn last year! does central and tn high have the scoring to run with these other teams? these teams have some good palyers also returning with varsity experience

your right central does have several seniors back but what about south,east, and volunteer. south won the jv tourn last year! does central and tn high have the scoring to run with these other teams? these teams have some good palyers also returning with varsity experience

I believe if Central plays TEAM ball they can hang with anybody in the Big 9. They are returning 4 starters from last year and should have a good JR starting on the wing. He will have to play under control to fit in with the rest. The posts can hold thier own and the guards will have to shoot well. This can ALL be done if Coach V will allow it. The depth shouldn't be a problem either, they have a couple of good posts, a shooting guard, and a point guard that can play also. Can't wait until bball season to see what unfolds.

Since not much is being said about Dobyns Bennett basketball, I'll provide some information. The Indians lost Adam Lytle, Tremell McGue, Jerry Long, Reed King, Marshall Hardy, Bronson Flack, and Darren Riggs to graduation. Returning for the Tribe are Darius Davis (Jr.) who looks to be take over the point guard role, Justin Sylvester (Sr.), Todd Halverson (Sr.), Dustin McConnell (Sr.), and Jordan Edwards (Sr.). Also, the Indians will benefit from a Science Hill transfer in Ashlon Adams (Sr.), who played well for the Hilltoppers.

I am not knowledgable on what juniors (played JV last year) or sophomores (played freshman basketball last year) could benefit Dobyns Bennett this year. I do know the sophmore class is a talented bunch, and also know the junior class has their fair share of talent, so Indian fans should be happy with the prospects of a repeat of the 2007-2008 season.

I believe if Central plays TEAM ball they can hang with anybody in the Big 9. They are returning 4 starters from last year and should have a good JR starting on the wing. He will have to play under control to fit in with the rest. The posts can hold thier own and the guards will have to shoot well. This can ALL be done if Coach V will allow it. The depth shouldn't be a problem either, they have a couple of good posts, a shooting guard, and a point guard that can play also. Can't wait until bball season to see what unfolds.

I think every team in the BIG 9 have a couple of good posts, a shooting guard, and a point guard, just saying. But Central does have a VERY good chance to win the district. And I also think that the Science Hill vs Central games will be the most interesting in the conference.

Since not much is being said about Dobyns Bennett basketball, I'll provide some information. The Indians lost Adam Lytle, Tremell McGue, Jerry Long, Reed King, Marshall Hardy, Bronson Flack, and Darren Riggs to graduation. Returning for the Tribe are Darius Davis (Jr.) who looks to be take over the point guard role, Justin Sylvester (Sr.), Todd Halverson (Sr.), Dustin McConnell (Sr.), and Jordan Edwards (Sr.). Also, the Indians will benefit from a Science Hill transfer in Ashlon Adams (Sr.), who played well for the Hilltoppers.

I am not knowledgable on what juniors (played JV last year) or sophomores (played freshman basketball last year) could benefit Dobyns Bennett this year. I do know the sophmore class is a talented bunch, and also know the junior class has their fair share of talent, so Indian fans should be happy with the prospects of a repeat of the 2007-2008 season.

The biggest downer for DB was losing point guard Williams who transfered out of state. He will be hard to replace.