big 9 basketball

unc1

I don't know how long he'll stay there but he should have a decent team this year with Bennet and their much improved post player Cameron Trent. Look for Volunteer to surprise a couple of people and be in contention for 4th or 5th.

you may want to get a doctor appointment cause you truly are crazyk!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be there for a while. Volunteer loves football!!

Thugball! I thought you were talking about getting a doctor's appointment before you played them so that when they beat up all your players or tackled them into the wall or all the other stuff they do you would already have an appointment.

Can't wait to see how they ATTACK other teams this year. And then all of their fans can say, "He doesn't teach it. He just teaches them to be aggressive."

Thugball! I thought you were talking about getting a doctor's appointment before you played them so that when they beat up all your players or tackled them into the wall or all the other stuff they do you would already have an appointment.

Can't wait to see how they ATTACK other teams this year. And then all of their fans can say, "He doesn't teach it. He just teaches them to be aggressive."

Don't think you'll hear much from the Volunteer faithful this year. After the incidents last year most of them are afraid to say anything in defense. They are afraid of looking foolish again.

I have been at volunteers practices before and Coach Whitt has never told the players to go after other players. If you all are talking about what happened last year at DB when Javian Shivers ran into that guy then you all need to know that that was an accident. He wasn't trying to knock that guy down. He was just trying to block the shot. So before you start saying things about Coach Whitt maybe you need to go sit at a practice and listen to what he says before you accuse him of saying things that he doesn't.

Don't think you'll hear much from the Volunteer faithful this year. After the incidents last year most of them are afraid to say anything in defense. They are afraid of looking foolish again.

No one looked foolish last year. The incident with Javian will stay with this program for a while, because people like you will not be able to move on from negative gossip. I did not see you but one time on the DB Football board and talk about their negative incident and talk about it time and time and time and time and time again like you have with Volunteer. Oh yeah...... it did not involve a Volunteer or a Falcon. This season has a great group of kids that worked their butts off and deserve to be looked at with fresh eyes. New year, new kids, new season, move on and grow up. You ARE a year older. GOD Bless.

DB and Science Hill are always the Powerhouses of East TN along with Greeneville. TN High and Central always pose a threat to do damage come tourney time. It will be interesting to see what South has this year. East losing so much still has a great coach. Volunteer losing Cradic will hurt a bit but youngins' gotta step up and Bennett MUST be a leader this year. I really don't know who else lost what from last year's group of kids. I am excited to see what the Big Nine has to offer this year. Good luck to all and GOD BLESS!!!!

Big 9 Hall of Fame Games This Week

Tuesday, November 18

Tri-Cities Christian at Sullivan Central

Wednesday, Nov. 19

Sullivan South vs. Hampton (@ Viking Hall)

Happy Valley vs. Tennessee High (@ Viking Hall)

Thursday, Nov. 20

David Crockett at West Greene

Knox Bearden at Science Hill

Friday, Nov. 21

Daniel Boone vs. TBA

Sullivan East at Cloudland

Cocke County at Sullivan Central

Sullivan North at Volunteer

David Crockett at Unicoi County

Science Hill at Johnson County

Saturday, Nov. 22

Daniel Boone vs. TBA

Hampton at Tennessee High

Johnson County at Sullivan Central

Volunteer at Unicoi County

I really wonder why Dobyns Bennett has failed to participate in Hall of Fame games over the past few years. Every team is getting a jump start on them, it seems. I guess the Indians will learn the hard way when they play good teams in the Chop House Classic next week. What better way to learn than trial by fire, right?

I really wonder why Dobyns Bennett has failed to participate in Hall of Fame games over the past few years. Every team is getting a jump start on them, it seems. I guess the Indians will learn the hard way when they play good teams in the Chop House Classic next week. What better way to learn than trial by fire, right?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. DB seems to handle their schedule fine and peak around tourney time. Two extra game may be two too many and burn out some teams. Coaches have a nack for what their strategy will be and how much preperation is needed to get their team to PEAK around District Tourney time. November means nothing if your team is going home the second week of February. Buck VanHuss would always tell us that 20 win seasons mean nothing if some of those wins don't come during tourney time. God Bless!!!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. DB seems to handle their schedule fine and peak around tourney time. Two extra game may be two too many and burn out some teams. Coaches have a nack for what their strategy will be and how much preperation is needed to get their team to PEAK around District Tourney time. November means nothing if your team is going home the second week of February. Buck VanHuss would always tell us that 20 win seasons mean nothing if some of those wins don't come during tourney time. God Bless!!!

Good point.