big 9 basketball

unc1

You seem to know a lot about Holston, and now you are a REBEL. That sounds really familiar to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotcha.

I talked to a few of Central people during the Central games, and they told me about Box and his middle school days. I'm taking their word for it. Other than that, and watching Harrison's teams give our Colonial Heights boys heck, I don't know anything about Holston, and that they're next the airport. I'm not talking badly about the person himself, just of his basketball skills. So just because I don't know him personally, doesn't mean I don't know him as a player.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree that this years Falcons do deserve to be looked at with fresh eyes. But I came away from the Unicoi game with the impression that this years group looks no different from the past few years. I kinda lost count, but it was something like 1 technical on Coach Whitt, and 2 flagrant fouls on the team.

So did you happen to watch the whole game? Falcon player had to come out of game because his strings were hanging out of shorts. Thats when it all started and ended for them. Clock was running during free throw shots. Gotta love that home cooking from Unicoi Cnty. Unicoi fans were appaulled by rec. league refs they had that night. And Floor get out of the past you have been ranting on this subject of rough players for way too long. You are BORING us to death!

So did you happen to watch the whole game? Falcon player had to come out of game because his strings were hanging out of shorts. Thats when it all started and ended for them. Clock was running during free throw shots. Gotta love that home cooking from Unicoi Cnty. Unicoi fans were appaulled by rec. league refs they had that night. And Floor get out of the past you have been ranting on this subject of rough players for way too long. You are BORING us to death!

Its pretty cool Dale Earnhardt Jr. Plays for you all

"]Unicoi Co.[/url] is 3-0 against Big 9 schools (David Crockett, Volunteer, and Sullivan East) and looks to go 4-0 Friday in the semifinals of the Hardee's Classic against host David Crockett.

Maybe Unicoi should play some of the upper division Schools in the Big 9? Sounds like Unicoi would be better than alot of the compitition in conference for the BIG 3 (DB/SH/TN). Years and years ago, Unicoi was a Charter Member of North East Tennessee High School Athletics, along with Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City and Elizabethton.

Unicoi has a good Basketball Program.

Roll Tribe Roll

Maybe Unicoi should play some of the upper division Schools in the Big 9? Sounds like Unicoi would be better than alot of the compitition in conference for the BIG 3 (DB/SH/TN). Years and years ago, Unicoi was a Charter Member of North East Tennessee High School Athletics, along with Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City and Elizabethton.

Roll Tribe Roll

I don't think you can say UC is a powerhouse this year. Central beat them pretty handily in a scrimmage. From what I seen the teams that was mentioned Crockett, East, Volunteer, Boone and South would have a hard time competing in AA. This is the weakeast the Big 9, 10, 7 has been in years.

Roll Tribe Roll

Kind of makes you wonder why Dobyns Bennett, Science Hill, and Tennessee High don't schedule what looks like a quality 2A opponent that is close in local. I know I'd like to see our Indians play Unicoi Co., the girls would even benefit from such a matchup as the Unicoi Co. girls are usually better than average.

I guess since most Sullivan Central fans won't give the Blue Devils their due, I'm ignorant for considering such match ups.

Also, as of today (11/27), the Big 9 is 18-6 against non-conference opponents, with 3 of the 6 losses coming to Unicoi Co. (2A), 1 to Hampton (1A), 1 to Meigs Co. (2A), and 1 to Clinton (3A).

Kind of makes you wonder why Dobyns Bennett, Science Hill, and Tennessee High don't schedule what looks like a quality 2A opponent that is close in local. I know I'd like to see our Indians play Unicoi Co., the girls would even benefit from such a matchup as the Unicoi Co. girls are usually better than average.

I guess since most Sullivan Central fans won't give the Blue Devils their due, I'm ignorant for considering such match ups.

Also, as of today (11/27), the Big 9 is 18-6 against non-conference opponents, with 3 of the 6 losses coming to Unicoi Co. (2A), 1 to Hampton (1A), 1 to Meigs Co. (3A), and 1 to Clinton (3A).

thanks for the kind words. i agree with you. i think that unicoi could compete with all the schools in the big 9, maybe not beat all but give them a game in most years./motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Also, as of today (11/27), the Big 9 is 18-6 against non-conference opponents, with 3 of the 6 losses coming to Unicoi Co. (2A), 1 to Hampton (1A), 1 to Meigs Co. (2A), and 1 to Clinton (3A).

You must be new to this area. This is the 4th year since Central moved up to AAA, before that they played 4 years in AA, the same conference as Unicoi. Central went 8-3 against UC, so I don't think they have any problem scheduling them. Like I said before you must be new to this area to make this statement. Think about your statement. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You must be new to this area. This is the 4th year since Central moved up to AAA, before that they played 4 years in AA, the same conference as Unicoi. Central went 8-3 against UC, so I don't think they have any problem scheduling them. Like I said before you must be new to this area to make this statement. Think about your statement. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No, I'm not new to this area, nor am I new to these boards. I've lived here my entire life. I can spot a quality opponent when I see one. Unicoi Co. is a quality opponent. I honestly don't care what Sullivan Central's record was against the Blue Devils, congratulations on going 8-3. Yes, I do realize that your Cougars were members of Class AA-District 1 for a four year classification cycle. I missed out on competing against Sullivan Central in my high school years due to that. I am a Dobyns Bennett graduate and fan, so I come from their perspective. I would love to see my Indians play a scrappy Blue Devil bunch. Kingsport has been playing teams from Erwin for years, a tradition I recognize. Art and I were expounding on why the big three don't schedule Unicoi Co., a team who could challenge our boys early in the season.

Further, in 2A over the past few years, Unicoi Co. has been a force in Districts 1 and 2, losing only to Fulton or Austin East in the state sectional in each of the past two years. I believe there are more than a few on these boards that would agree with me that the Blue Devils are game for the challenge of playing anybody in the Big 9, including the upper echelon. My response to your statement was in reponse to yours discounting what Unicoi Co. has accomplished over the years. Obviously we disagree on the matter, so I agree to disagree.

the years that central was in aa was when coach english took over the program in erwin. his first two years unicoi went about .500 overall and finished toward the bottom of the conference.

then the third year, was centrals last in aa, unicoi went 28-6 overall and 11-3 in conference, won the district tournament(beating central), finished second in the region(losing to central), and lost at ae in substate.

the fourth year unicoi went 29-5 overall and 14-0 in conference, finished second in district, and lost in region.

the fifth year unicoi was 29-8 overall and 14-0 in conference, won the district, second in the region, and lost at fulton in substate.

and the sixth year(last year) unicoi went 30-4 overall and 14-0 in conference, won the district, won the region, and lost at home to ae in substate.

unicoi has been getting better under coach english. took a little while to get the program going but now is generally one of the best teams in the area. as i said somewhere before. i think they could play with the top of the big 9, may not beat them but should be competitive. played science hill last year and lost by 5 after being up by 18 at one time early. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />