big 9 basketball

unc1

You are probably way more familiar with the situation than I am Crawdad, so I have to respect your opinion. But for the rest of us on the outside looking in it??™s hard to believe that a player (Ashworth) could go from being one of (if not the only) player/s from South to rank a position on one of the Big 9All Conference teams, to not starting and sitting on the bench for most of the game. I thought maybe there was some disciplinary things going on.

I have no insight on disciplinary issues Cap. My guess it has more to do with the coach being a former post player and searching for a more physical presence in the paint. I think Ashworth can score facing the basket and Blair and Sims rebound and defend better inside. Ashworth is a fine player,but when your team only wins 2 conference games, is anyone even deserving of all-conference honors? Oftentimes its probably just who scored the most or what returning players confidence could be boosted with this honor. IMHO

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rebelrebelman, I'm trying to decide which game to attend tonight. I've narrowed it down to the following:

David Crockett @ Dobyns Bennett

Daniel Boone @ Sullivan South

South Greene @ Sullivan North (kingsportfan has a sister that plays for the Raiders so I try and support her when I can)

I feel the Trailblazers @ Rebels match up is a push, and the Pioneers @ Indians is a lock for the Tribe. The Raiders are horrible this year, thus the Rebels of South Greene should have an easy time. Any suggestions?

what about the tn high and east game may be a good one what do you think, i think it would be better than the db crockett game!!

what about the tn high and east game may be a good one what do you think, i think it would be better than the db crockett game!!

Sullivan East @ Tennessee High is without a doubt the best conference game on the schedule tonight. However, I live in south/east Kingsport, and I drove to Knoxville three times last week to watch Dobyns Bennett, to Blountville on Tuesday to watch Science Hill @ Sullivan Central, to Bristol on Wednesday to watch Sullivan South @ Tennessee High, and to Johnson City last night for my night class at ETSU, plus my girlfriend lives in Mt. Carmel so I??™ve made quite a few trips to west Kingsport as well. To say the least, I'm tired of driving. With three options in Kingsport tonight, I plan to stay within the confines of greater Kingsport. No doubt though, I'll be looking forward to seeing Sullivan East soon, just anywhere but the Patriot Palace.

Sullivan East @ Tennessee High is without a doubt the best conference game on the schedule tonight. However, I live in south/east Kingsport, and I drove to Knoxville three times last week to watch Dobyns Bennett, to Blountville on Tuesday to watch Science Hill @ Sullivan Central, to Bristol on Wednesday to watch Sullivan South @ Tennessee High, and to Johnson City last night for my night class at ETSU, plus my girlfriend lives in Mt. Carmel so I??™ve made quite a few trips to west Kingsport as well. To say the least, I'm tired of driving. With three options in Kingsport tonight, I plan to stay within the confines of greater Kingsport. No doubt though, I'll be looking forward to seeing Sullivan East soon, just anywhere but the Patriot Palace.

if you keep this up you will see a lot of good talent across the east tn this season, but whats is wrong with the palace? it is central made over except for the colors.

I was hoping for a response from my previous post on the last page.

I'm going to the East THS game tonight, so I'll have some game analysis of both teams ready to give them the grade they deserve. I'll inform you on this game TCSF, if you inform me on the game you go to, which might be humor-laden if you go to the Raiders game.

And by the way, when did you let your guard down. You were pretty uptight on the football boards. Straight facts, no questions asked. You still provide the information (which is great) but you make for a nice conversation, as well. The lighter side of TCSF, if I may. If I can change...and you can change...everybody can change!!!

I'd say I let my guard down on the night Dobyns Bennett lost to McMinn Co. I was there for every last minute of that meltdown, sitting in the cold, through the pouring rain. It hit me that night, though I already believed it in my head for years (even when in school there my friends and I knew we at DB were the king of choke), that Dobyns Bennett wasn't invincible. It was a heart change to say the least. I decided I would continue to faithfully support my Indians, but leave my personal pride, not Indian pride, at the door. Though I still feel Dobyns Bennett is among the elites in all sports around the state, I now believe, both mentally and physically, that we have a lot of work to do. Plus, the fact that many Rebel fans and other fans from around the state were leaving unflattering comments on the boards, and the fact we as Dobyns Bennett fans really had no room to refute any of it, I thought it'd be best for me to relax no less, take my lumping, and like it. In a nutshell, I am about as much of a realist when it comes to sports as you'll find. The only thing that used to distort that realism was Dobyns Bennett athletics, though only ever so slightly. What's the difference now? My realism is no longer distorted, the playoff loss to McMinn Co. fixed that.

You also calmed down, so that helped too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh, believe me the comedy should be plentiful with the Raiders. And by the way, when did you let your guard down. You were pretty uptight on the football boards. Straight facts, no questions asked. You still provide the information (which is great) but you make for a nice conversation, as well. The lighter side of TCSF, if I may. If I can change...and you can change...everybody can change!!!

I miss the old rebelrebelman. Any chance of him coming back now and then? Kinda like Jeckyl and Hyde? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was hoping for a response from my previous post on the last page.

I'm going to the East THS game tonight, so I'll have some game analysis of both teams ready to give them the grade they deserve. I'll inform you on this game TCSF, if you inform me on the game you go to, which might be humor-laden if you go to the Raiders game.

Patience, patience, a man has to do laundry sometime, /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . Good, I think we'll have the Big 9 Conference covered pretty well in no time. I'm going to the David Crockett @ Dobyns Bennett game tonight. I personally know the kids on the floor and in the stands. Plus, they have Fox Pizza at the concession stand and the friendly confines of Buck Van Huss are good for my Indian soul.

I trust you'll be over at the dome tomorrow night for Greeneville @ Dobyns Bennett?

I miss the old rebelrebelman. Any chance of him coming back now and then? Kinda like Jeckyl and Hyde? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Only with Sullivan Central fans... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> .

Yeah, I guess I could pull the old Eminem/Slim Shady bit, where you never knew what you were going to get. I'm glad there's a fan out there for some of my older posts, which were pretty much just trying to get under people's skins and crack some jokes. It's a lot easier to do that when the team you cheer for is undefeated and steamrolling people. It's harder when they lose, and basketball season is pretty much non-existant. Since then, I guess I've been relatively tame. The only thing I've done is critiqued a certain Central player's game. After re-reading it, it probably was too harsh, but I didn't mean it to be an attack. Just an anaylsis of his game. I miss posting like I did during football season, but there's a time and place for everything, and I'm not sure if there's a lot to joke about this season. I'm more of a basketball guy anyway, so I like talking shop with you guys on here about the games and everything. But, the second I have a chance to hound somebody and crack a joke, I'm gonna take it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Patience, patience, a man has to do laundry sometime, /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . Good, I think we'll have the Big 9 Conference covered pretty well in no time. I'm going to the David Crockett @ Dobyns Bennett game tonight. I personally know the kids on the floor and in the stands. Plus, they have Fox Pizza at the concession stand and the friendly confines of Buck Van Huss are good for my Indian soul.

I trust you'll be over at the dome tomorrow night for Greeneville @ Dobyns Bennett?

Only with Sullivan Central fans... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> .

1. Going to the DB game is cool with me, because I can read your analysis about a meaninful team (not the Raiders) and you can contribute to my Odem, Slyvester POTY watch, which sorely needs some help getting going.

2.Putting Fox's pizza in the concession stand is borderline genius. Thank God!

3. I'll be at the game tomorrow, no doubt.

4. For the fans of old rebelrebelman, Cental fans, more than anybody, tend to get out of line and they're like a swarm that all get on and say ridiculous things. So as long as they're around, I'll be on the Cougars case all season.

1. Going to the DB game is cool with me, because I can read your analysis about a meaninful team (not the Raiders) and you can contribute to my Odem, Slyvester POTY watch, which sorely needs some help getting going.

2.Putting Fox's pizza in the concession stand is borderline genius. Thank God!

3. I'll be at the game tomorrow, no doubt.

4. For the fans of old rebelrebelman, Cental fans, more than anybody, tend to get out of line and they're like a swarm that all get on and say ridiculous things. So as long as they're around, I'll be on the Cougars case all season.

Maybe you and tricitiessportsfan can hook up and hold hands during the game! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />