big 9 basketball

unc1

The Indians led by ten plus for more than three quarters, shooting fifty percent overall on the night. Jordan Edwards owned the inside putting up big numbers yet again. The Tribe looked like they rebounded nicely from the Sullivan Central debacle. Sylvester did leave the game late with a knee injury, but Coach Morgan said he looks to be fine in his post game interview with Don Spivey. Great job tonight Indians.

Roll Tribe.

We're gonna have to change your name to "DBSportsFan&Alumni". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Thanks for the info though..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're gonna have to change your name to "DBSportsFan&Alumni". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Thanks for the info though..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I am a Dobyns Bennett alumni and fan of all their athletic programs. However, you will find, in time, that I am a fan of all Tri-Cities athletics.

tricitiessportsfan,

okay, so you have hurt my feelings...but, please remember that in regard to medical conditions, coaches and other official school personel have to be very careful with what they say due to the HIPPA laws...for that reason, C-MO was not questioned by all the media about the potential injury...but did talk directly to Sly, privately...

Keep up the good work.

Roll Tribe Roll

tricitiessportsfan, okay, so you have hurt my feelings...but, please remember that in regard to medical conditions, coaches and other official school personel have to be very careful with what they say due to the HIPPA laws...for that reason, C-MO was not questioned about the potential injury...

Keep up the good work.

Roll Tribe Roll

skunk3, I listen to you for play by play during the games, portable radio and slick pair of head phones. I honestly do it out of loyalty, if that makes sense, I've known you for technically all of my life. I listen to Spivey for post game only for the stats. You know the color analyst/stats guy and I go way back as well. Good to see all your boys at the game last night. Keep up the good work.

Roll Tribe.

what about tonights games?

Tonight??™s (12/16) Big 9 Conference Schedule

Daniel Boone @ Science Hill

Sullivan South @ Sullivan Central*

David Crockett @ Sullivan East

tricitiessportsfan Picks:

Science Hill over Daniel Boone

Sullivan Central over Sullivan South

Sullivan East over David Crockett

tricitiessportsfan Pick??™em record: 14-3

*I'll be in the Dickie Warren Dome again tonight, taking in the Sullivan South @ Sullivan Central game.

The Central team is a little busted up tonight. It might be a little better game than expected.

Albright is still recovering

Brown is going to be playing on a hurt ankle

Roberts might be sick as well, so he might not play or he will have fewer minutes.

Central's guards being hurt is no good for them. They aren't very deep at guard and Roberts has been filling it up from 3 lately.

It'll be a good game and Central might need to definately give Devault the ball more tonight. He can defiantely score. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sullivan South 26

Sullivan Central 17

End of 1st quarter.

Rebels are nailing the three ball, have made atleast six in the first quarter.

Sullivan South 43

Sullivan Central 34

Halftime.

Cougars went on 17-6 run to open the quarter and take their first lead of the game at 34-32, but faded towards the end of the quarter, allowing the Rebels to go on a 11-2 run and reclaim the lead going in at the break. The game can be heard on 91.5 FM with Tom Taylor.

Sullivan South 55

Sullivan Central 45

End of 3rd quarter.

Third quarter was a push, both teams came out of the locker room slow and scoring ended 12-11 in favor of the Rebels.

Sullivan South 69

Sullivan Central 60

Final.

Cougars made a late run of it, coming to within five points at 63-58 with around three minutes left, but were forced to resort to fouling in the last two minutes to force the Rebels to execute from the foul line. Rebels did not do a great job from the charity stripe, but it held up as the Cougars could not do anything with the ball on their end in the last two minutes.

*Sullivan South swept both games tonight, with the Lady Rebels defeating the Lady Cougars, 57-38.

This Central team is pretty beaten down right now. They really need to get everyone healthy. Not having Roberts hurt them tonight. I think he only had 3 pts for the whole game. They did give the ball to Devault more (who also dunked tonight). They are starting to get the hang of it, they just need everyone healthy.

Great game Rebels /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I also want to say whoever #24 is for the Rebels is, shot the ball great tonight.

Sullivan South 26

Sullivan Central 17

End of 1st quarter.

Rebels are nailing the three ball, have made atleast six in the first quarter.

Sullivan South 43

Sullivan Central 34

Halftime.

Cougars went on 17-6 run to open the quarter and take their first lead of the game at 34-32, but faded towards the end of the quarter, allowing the Rebels to go on a 11-2 run and reclaim the lead going in at the break. The game can be heard on 91.5 FM with Tom Taylor.

Sullivan South 55

Sullivan Central 45

End of 3rd quarter.

Third quarter was a push, both teams came out of the locker room slow and scoring ended 12-11 in favor of the Rebels.

Sullivan South 69

Sullivan Central 60

Final.

Cougars made a late run of it, coming to within five points at 63-58 with around three minutes left, but were forced to resort to fouling in the last two minutes to force the Rebels to execute from the foul line. Rebels did not do a great job from the charity stripe, but it held up as the Cougars could not do anything with the ball on their end in the last two minutes.

*Sullivan South swept both games tonight, with the Lady Rebels defeating the Lady Cougars, 57-38.

like i said at the start of the season 1st and 2nd i think are sound even though db lost to central, and the rest will be up for grabs, too many of the teams are close an could win on any night, several big games coming up, sh and th high, db and east. i heard east scored over 90 pts again 2nd game in a row could friday night be 3? i think db has regrouped since the central game and will start taking care of business. big 9 is interesting leading up to the arbys!!

skunk3, I listen to you for play by play during the games, portable radio and slick pair of head phones. I honestly do it out of loyalty, if that makes sense, I've known you for technically all of my life. I listen to Spivey for post game only for the stats. You know the color analyst/stats guy and I go way back as well. Good to see all your boys at the game last night. Keep up the good work.

Roll Tribe.

Surely you're not talking about Michael "Step" Dulaney are you? If you know him, then I'm sure to know you. Michael & I grew up together. WOW, can't believe it's been that long ago....and it seems like yesterday. Kids!!!!! Enjoy your youth, adulthood flies by when you get out of the "Rubik's Cube" called school. LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> BTW....Skunk is a class act!!!! Hopefully I will get to see you sometime over the Christmas Holidays....always out of town lately. GOD Bless and Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Surely you're not talking about Michael "Step" Dulaney are you? If you know him, then I'm sure to know you. Michael & I grew up together. WOW, can't believe it's been that long ago....and it seems like yesterday. Kids!!!!! Enjoy your youth, adulthood flies by when you get out of the "Rubik's Cube" called school. LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> BTW....Skunk is a class act!!!! Hopefully I will get to see you sometime over the Christmas Holidays....always out of town lately. GOD Bless and Merry Christmas!!!!!!

No sir, I was not refering to Dulaney, who was the color analyst for AM 1320 last night. I was refering to Spivey's color analyst/stat guy on AM 1400, a young gentleman and very good friend of mine, Chadwell, whom I grew up with, playing ball with or against for many years. I do know Dulaney, however, but not in the context of basketball. His children were in my care from time to time in city provided after school and summer programs.

I agree skunk3 is a class act. I grew up playing ball with his oldest son. He has been a part of my life since I was eight years old. I have much respect for him. Quality man.

Safe travels. God bless and Merry Christmas to you and yours.