big 9 basketball

unc1

i will have to go with east over tn high at the palace after a boone loss and boone over south after finally winning a close game against east, any comments cap1 or rebelman and these picks? also haven't heard anything from the cougar fans still out there i guess?

COUGAR FANS STILL HERE "JERRY".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crawdad, give me your impressions and opinions of Colonial Heights and Science Hill, the game and the teams, when you get home later tonight, if you would.

I'm currently at the John Sevier @ Ross N. Robinson game, will do likewise for you. Maybe we can give Volman something to talk about. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Toppers/Chargers postponed. I bet you saw a good one. Let me guess. Robinson with a bunch of points in the paint and Sevier with a lot of run-outs and 3s. Swafford and Cook lead their teams and Robinson wins a close one. How far off was I?

Toppers/Chargers postponed. I bet you saw a good one. Let me guess. Robinson with a bunch of points in the paint and Sevier with a lot of run-outs and 3s. Swafford and Cook lead their teams and Robinson wins a close one. How far off was I?

They played!

Tennessee High - 73

Sullivan East - 63

Final.

*All other Big 9 Conference games postponed and rescheduled for tomorrow.

City Championship

7th Grade

John Sevier - 33

Ross N. Robinson - 21

Final.

8th Grade

John Sevier - 33

Ross N. Robinson 43

Final.

crawdad, you were pretty much spot on, except the Warriors were not knocking down shots on this night. John Sevier is more athletic, but Ross N. Robinson is huskier. Both have three or four kids who could make it to the varsity level in high school and contribute. These two teams should mesh well at Dobyns Bennett. Swafford, from John Sevier, is a player, that boy has greatness written all of over him if he keeps his head on straight and continues to work hard.

They played!

Tennessee High - 73

Sullivan East - 63

Final.

*All other Big 9 Conference games postponed and rescheduled for tomorrow.

City Championship

7th Grade

John Sevier - 33

Ross N. Robinson - 21

Final.

8th Grade

John Sevier - 33

Ross N. Robinson 43

Final.

crawdad, you were pretty much spot on, except the Warriors were not knocking down shots on this night. John Sevier is more athletic, but Ross N. Robinson is huskier. Both have three or four kids who could make it to the varsity level in high school and contribute. These two teams should mesh well at Dobyns Bennett. Swafford, from John Sevier, is a player, that boy has greatness written all of over him if he keeps his head on straight and continues to work hard.

I agree. Swafford has the best basketball skills of any player in the middle school ranks. Will Adams of Science Hill is the best athlete.

i will have to go with east over tn high at the palace after a boone loss and boone over south after finally winning a close game against east, any comments cap1 or rebelman and these picks? also haven't heard anything from the cougar fans still out there i guess?

At this point in the season I think it would be hard for anybody to pick any other team over the Vikings with the obvious exception of DB and The Hill. A loss to any other Big 9 team at this point would have to be considered an upset. Tonight the Vikings were never really able to twist the dagger??¦but it was never far from the heart of the Patriots. With the South at Boone game I??™ll have to agree with you. Many of these teams are so close that where they play (IMO) is a big determining factor in the possible outcome??¦If you know what I mean. I think you were alluding to that in your pick of the Rebels over the Vikings. If the game were at South, I would go with the Rebels. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

At this point in the season I think it would be hard for anybody to pick any other team over the Vikings with the obvious exception of DB and The Hill. A loss to any other Big 9 team at this point would have to be considered an upset. Tonight the Vikings were never really able to twist the dagger??¦but it was never far from the heart of the Patriots. With the South at Boone game I??™ll have to agree with you. Many of these teams are so close that where they play (IMO) is a big determining factor in the possible outcome??¦If you know what I mean. I think you were alluding to that in your pick of the Rebels over the Vikings. If the game were at South, I would go with the Rebels. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This was a huge win for the Vikings. After their lethargic start at South last Friday, I saw this game as a potential stumbling block. With the favorable schedule the rest of the way the Vikings could be posturing for a surprise Big 9 regular season title. Another win over Science Hill at home and take care of business. The balanced scoring last night lends optimism. I was a little surprised at the offensive outpouring. 73 is a big number for a Witcher coached team.

This was a huge win for the Vikings. After their lethargic start at South last Friday, I saw this game as a potential stumbling block. With the favorable schedule the rest of the way the Vikings could be posturing for a surprise Big 9 regular season title. Another win over Science Hill at home and take care of business. The balanced scoring last night lends optimism. I was a little surprised at the offensive outpouring. 73 is a big number for a Witcher coached team.

The 73 points scored by the Vikings last night, to my knowledge, can be attributed to fouling situations and made free throws in the fourth quarter, though the Vikings did shoot well from the perimeter, also helping to push up the score. I felt like the game was a trap game for Tennessee High, for various reasons, thus congratulations to the Vikings on a job well done in earning the victory. If Tennessee High beats both Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill, they win the conference hands down, no question. IMO, if they split, going 1-1, with Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill, they will still be in good shape to win or share a conference title.

Yeah, home court is a huge deal. The South Rebels body clocks have to adjust to the strenuous 30 minute drive to Boone. I envy the Boonies for being able to host a game in which thousands of screaming fans will be taunting and harrassing our Rebels. I'm with Cap, in that this game would swing the Rebels way if Boone had to make that daunting drive down the interstate and lace em up on our court. Surely the unwavering support the Rebel basketball faithful could make so much noise that it would crush any Boone player, no matter how courageous. Tis a shame for my beloved Rebels, who have to brave the unknown worlds of Grey, the play amid the jeers from an 8th place team's raucous fans, who are rabid about their Blazer basketball.

When is this game going to be played CD?

Very funny Volman. You could have at least asked about my health first. I've been up all night suffering from the belly-ache. All the crow I choked down last night didn't sit too well. To say they "played" the game is a bit of a stretch. 41-4 half-time and 61-12 final. Toppers could have won 100-0 had they chosen. I owe you. My quibble before was with your wording "compete with" instead of "beat". After watching the difference between the earlier game at Science Hill before Christmas and the one last night I would say "compete" is accurate in its description of the talent gap. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />