big 9 basketball

unc1

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You believe your opinion and I will believe my facts.

WOW, my opinions and your facts? That was a stretch there. And the reason why teams from east TN can't win the big ones is because out west they DO let them play more physical than anything around here. If you think I like physical play, then you know nothing about me. I played for VanHuss from 83-87 so I know what I'm talking about when I stated what I did. And you are the only one stating no matter what. Where in my post did I say that VanHuss said no matter what? I said that he said the player better not make the basket, meaning you should be smart about your foul. Not hard, but don't reach and get a ticky tack foul. Buck preached positioning and not fouling, but if you do foul, send them to the line to shot two, not and-ones. I've seen other areas of play and it is a lot more physical than in these hills. Coach W and I sometimes don't agree with things, and he will be the first to tell you. He likes 1/2 court, post play, and a physical game (not dirty). I like more guards, with a lot of defensive pressure and pressing, if you have them. Just look back at two seasons ago, Volunteer's most wins in the Big Nine ever. We started four guards; and we pressed a lot more. You will have your way of seeing the siuation, that's fine, but you don't know that it's taught. Whatever you think of Coach W, know this......I have witnessed his caring for kids, giving kids rides home when parents didn't show or could not get their child from practices or games, helping kids that never played for the basketball program with shoes and sweats that otherwise would have holey clothes or shoes. I have seen and helped out with other Seniors with other schools that did not have a scholarship make calls and help them get college scholarships. I have been there when players' parents have lost their jobs and W would try and help them find a job to keep their houses. So....you go ahead and keep downing W if you insist. I have never said these things because these are personal matters, but you are getting into a personal attack on him. I hope you can move on from this and just enjoy your "favorite" team play. GOD Bless and good luck to you & yours......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea on when the cancelled games from Tuesday Night will be made up? Especially the DB vs East and SH vs TN games.

Both games are (as of right now) on for tonight. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

yes they do /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I would be willing to pay $10-20 dollars initially, but 40 to 50 /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> On coacht you can keep up with newspaper articles from across the state and banter with coaches, fans and nuts. And for 24 bucks I have even more fun on the open topics boards. I am a coacht man all the way.

Back to BB. How do you see the regular season play out, Cap?

It will be easier to answer that question after tonight??™s games. If the Vikings are able to pull off the unbelievable AGAIN and then win out, Coach Witcher is hands down Coach of The Year...and with a possible Conference Co-Championship.

Cap, it just dawned on me. Maybe nows my chance to start something to compete with tricitiessports.com?!

OMG??¦.JUST DAWNED ON YOU!!!!!!! What??¦does someone have to throw hot grease on you to get your attention? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> You are right??¦if you had the mean and the know-how; the door has been opened wide with this last bonehead move. With the information that you constantly share on these boards and the reputation that you continue to build??¦it wouldn??™t take long for the word to spread if you were to launch a site. Heck??¦if you look around these boards you could probably find some talent that could benefit you. I could see it now??¦WaCo??™s "Word of the Day" or, ???The Big 9 as seen through Whittemore colored glasses??? by Stokomo. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just kidding??¦you know me Stoke I couldn??™t help myself after seeing the little spat you??™re having with NETFan. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Some of these guys obviously follow their respective school and/or alumni much closer than MANY of the reporters of ???the other guys???. Many of these same posters are pretty articulate, comical, and entertaining??¦a good combo when trying to sell a paper. And think about the inside scoops you would get!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OMG??¦.JUST DAWNED ON YOU!!!!!!! What??¦does someone have to throw hot grease on you to get your attention? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> You are right??¦if you had the mean and the know-how; the door has been opened wide with this last bonehead move. With the information that you constantly share on these boards and the reputation that you continue to build??¦it wouldn??™t take long for the word to spread if you were to launch a site. Heck??¦if you look around these boards you could probably find some talent that could benefit you. I could see it now??¦WaCo??™s "Word of the Day" or, ???The Big 9 as seen through Whittemore colored glasses??? by Stokomo. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just kidding??¦you know me Stoke I couldn??™t help myself after seeing the little spat you??™re having with NETFan. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Some of these guys obviously follow their respective school and/or alumni much closer than MANY of the reporters of ???the other guys???. Many of these same posters are pretty articulate, comical, and entertaining??¦a good combo when trying to sell a paper. And think about the inside scoops you would get!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Only wish I had the means Cap, a 22 year old doesn't have much to work with in way of time or funds. I'll figure something out, whenever I graduate in May, when my mind is finally clear of barriers and my free time becomes more abundent. I appreciate your support. You may be my first associate when the time comes, as may be many others from these boards.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I could see it now??¦WaCo??™s "Word of the Day" or, ???The Big 9 as seen through Whittemore colored glasses??? by Stokomo. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just kidding??¦

I wear my sunglasses at night. Oh! My bad, was singing that 80's song by Cory Hart......showing my age now huh.... Anyways.....I really like WACO's "Word of the Day" and you could call mine "Stokomo's Tainted Glasses" if that would suffice. Everybody needs a little "STG," not HGH though. Or was that everybody needs a little TLC /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" oops! That was the women's group name. My bad again. I could start out something like: "Due to inclement weather, many of the Big Nine Brawl games have been cancelled. Coach Witcher and the Vikes are FIGHTING for their lives to stay atop the conference. With the WWF title at stake, the Vikes will host the Hilltoppers tonight in an NBmustCee game of the week. The key for the Vikes will be if QB Corey Young can withstand the Blitz by the Hills swarming & slap-happy defense. Gotta watch that Cover 2 scheme of Cutlip. There will be slippery and wet conditions when the Indians travel far East and play the dangerous Patriots, hoping weather isn't a factor on the gridiron. South will wear extra protection in tonights matchup with the Falcons, who have trimmed those claws of late and need a win desperately to stay out of the "No-Fly" zone of the 8 & 9 seeds (the Death Penalty for the District). The last game on the Fight Card for Thursday will sparr Central vs. Crockett. With Crockett being TKO'd last week, look for them to rebound against a smooth moving and light on their feet Cougar team. Quick and agile, the Cougars like to dance around the ring without taking too many punches in the face (you know that Pretty Ricky image). The gates will have metal detectors for this game, checking for Brass Knuckles and Nunchucks.... The first 50 fans will receive a "Vannoy & Albright Bobble-Head" doll.

I wear my sunglasses at night. Oh! My bad, was singing that 80's song by Cory Hart......showing my age now huh.... Anyways.....I really like WACO's "Word of the Day" and you could call mine "Stokomo's Tainted Glasses" if that would suffice. Everybody needs a little "STG," not HGH though. Or was that everybody needs a little TLC /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" oops! That was the women's group name. My bad again. I could start out something like: "Due to inclement weather, many of the Big Nine Brawl games have been cancelled. Coach Witcher and the Vikes are FIGHTING for their lives to stay atop the conference. With the WWF title at stake, the Vikes will host the Hilltoppers tonight in an NBmustCee game of the week. The key for the Vikes will be if QB Corey Young can withstand the Blitz by the Hills swarming & slap-happy defense. Gotta watch that Cover 2 scheme of Cutlip. There will be slippery and wet conditions when the Indians travel far East and play the dangerous Patriots, hoping weather isn't a factor on the gridiron. South will wear extra protection in tonights matchup with the Falcons, who have trimmed those claws of late and need a win desperately to stay out of the "No-Fly" zone of the 8 & 9 seeds (the Death Penalty for the District). The last game on the Fight Card for Thursday will sparr Central vs. Crockett. With Crockett being TKO'd last week, look for them to rebound against a smooth moving and light on their feet Cougar team. Quick and agile, the Cougars like to dance around the ring without taking too many punches in the face (you know that Pretty Ricky image). The gates will have metal detectors for this game, checking for Brass Knuckles and Nunchucks.... The first 50 fans will receive a "Vannoy & Albright Bobble-Head" doll.

There you go TCF, article #1.

I know WACO will have your word of the day.

If you are serious give me a pm. I might could hook you up with a start.

STOP??¦ /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> YOUR??™RE KILLING ME /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> !!! "Vannoy & Albright Bobble-Head"??¦.that is hilarious /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> !!! I like this side of you much better Stoke??¦you??™ve been takin this WAY to serious lately.