TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Large Division) @ Pigeon Forge

Saturday, February 14

Championship

Science Hill 67, Roberstville 42

TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Small Division) @ Sevierville

Saturday February 14

Championship

Holston 49, Mary Hughes 45

Pretty good call on that large division championship game ,huh TCSF? Although a 25 point spread is about 10 more than I would have thought. And how about the small division? It just shows you how strong area 1 always is in this tourney.

tricitiessportsfan Pick'em record: 59-13

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I didn??™t finish as well as I had hoped. My 59-13 Big 9 Conference pick??™em record, approximately 82%, isn??™t bad for a roller coaster conference, however. I doubt anyone enjoyed my picks, or took them with a grain of salt, but they were there for you to take an opinion from which was my intention. ??

Boys ??“ Middle School

TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Large Division) @ Pigeon Forge

Saturday, February 14

Championship

Science Hill 67, Roberstville 42

TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Small Division) @ Sevierville

Saturday February 14

Championship

Holston 49, Mary Hughes 45

Congratulations to former Sullivan Central star and current Holston Middle School head coach Jared Harrison for your sectional tournment title! Way to go guys!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to former Sullivan Central star and current Holston Middle School head coach Jared Harrison for your sectional tournment title! Way to go guys!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ditto on the congrats! I believe Jared is the best middle school basketball coach in the NET area. He would make someone an outstanding high school coach, but probably wants to stay where he is unless the right job comes along.

If you are looking for upsets in the 1st round ,Stokomo has pin-pointed the two possibilities. I would put South's chances in the 40% range. They know what is at stake and are ready. They are a 5 seed by the way. Also Stokomo has pointed out at great length ,from his personal experience,how critical it is to have a "true" PG and states Central doesn't match up well with Tn. Hi. I agree on both counts. But guess what. Central has "matched-up" with Tn. Hi. in both games without their injured "true" PG. "Downtown" Mickey Brown returns for district play and may make the match up more even. Give the Cougars a 30% chance to pull the upset over a Viking squad looking ahead. Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett will be in the finals, so the only other upset would be an Indian championship on their home floor:hardly an "upset" in spite of the recent thumping they received in the Topper Palace. In fact,I would rate that one a toss up.

Good luck to all! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think you are right in that Mickey will make a difference. But there is going to have to be role adjustments that take place on the floor for that team, and they have shown that they don??™t adapt to those kinds of adjustments that well. Before I heard that Mickey was coming back I would have to say that this game did scare me in that we easily defeated the Cougars in the first two game, and when you start off with a team that you completely manhandled in the last two outings it makes it harder to get the focus that you need going into the District tourney. Not to mention that Central has proven that they can even take down the Indians of DB if they are hitting their shots. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> With Mickey possibly making a return I have a feeling that they would need at least a game for him to readjust to his leadership role. Mickey is such a laid back soft spoken young man anyway??¦so Vaughn will have to reinsert him as the floor general for him to get past some of the stronger personalities on the court. And I think it??™s just a little too late now. JIMO

On that same note??¦the same could be said about DB vs THS if you know what I mean. Only difference is that we don??™t have to make adjustments with the return of an injured player. History will support that it is hard to beat a good team three times in a row??¦well??¦I don??™t know if it supports it but that??™s what I??™m hoping for /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . So I??™m calling it now. I feel the Tribe will come into this game looking at it as you fans obviously do and they will run into battle this time with the team that is shooting the best that night coming out victorious. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The Death Match ended in Volunteer squeaking out a three point overtime win. Both teams at times were sloppy but they gave their all. Volunteer finally hit their freethrows, going 5-6 in overtime. Cameron Trent probably saved the game and had two BIG blocks with under ten seconds to go. Crockett seemed to be headed for their first victory against a conference foe, jumping out to an eight point lead in the second quarter, but the Falcons erased that lead and held a five point lead of their own at intermission. Crockett made a run in the third and took the lead, and it went back & forth the rest of the way. Turnovers were rampant in the fourth quarter. Next up for the Falcons are the Hilltoppers. GOD Bless & good luck......

WTG Falcons on an exciting game! It was nice to see Stevie Wonder coaching the Falcons! Please keep your singing gig, cuz the coaching was horrible. Coaching was worse than Bradley reffing. Good Luck to All the teams this week!

I think you are right in that Mickey will make a difference. But there is going to have to be role adjustments that take place on the floor for that team, and they have shown that they don??™t adapt to those kinds of adjustments that well. Before I heard that Mickey was coming back I would have to say that this game did scare me in that we easily defeated the Cougars in the first two game, and when you start off with a team that you completely manhandled in the last two outings it makes it harder to get the focus that you need going into the District tourney. Not to mention that Central has proven that they can even take down the Indians of DB if they are hitting their shots. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> With Mickey possibly making a return I have a feeling that they would need at least a game for him to readjust to his leadership role. Mickey is such a laid back soft spoken young man anyway??¦so Vaughn will have to reinsert him as the floor general for him to get past some of the stronger personalities on the court. And I think it??™s just a little too late now. JIMO

On that same note??¦the same could be said about DB vs THS if you know what I mean. Only difference is that we don??™t have to make adjustments with the return of an injured player. History will support that it is hard to beat a good team three times in a row??¦well??¦I don??™t know if it supports it but that??™s what I??™m hoping for /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . So I??™m calling it now. I feel the Tribe will come into this game looking at it as you fans obviously do and they will run into battle this time with the team that is shooting the best that night coming out victorious. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

And if thats just what it comes down too, a shooting match.... then ill take Halvorsen, Sylvester and McConnell every day of the week over Tenn High shooters.

And if thats just what it comes down too, a shooting match.... then ill take Halvorsen, Sylvester and McConnell every day of the week over Tenn High shooters.

Halverson is DB's best shooter; McConnell is a good shooter but needs time to set up; and Sylvester is the most athletic that can get streaky and go on a tear. They key for DB will be to get "CONNECTED!!!!" Team chemistry is EVERYTHING, especially this time of year. You can have the best five players on the court at any given time. But unless they are "flowing" together, they are just five players playing individually. Time warp with me to 1992......... That summer the AAU nationals were held in the Tri-Cities, with the final four at South. The TN Travelers had a LOADED team with locals Damon Johnson, Shane Williams, Shane Carnes, & JaMichael Mills. Great individually but could not ever get the chemistry down. But their talent got them to the final four. Along comes a little Indiana (Hoopsters) team and did not have near the talent the Travelers had. This Indiana team was well coached, played great defense, and had TEAM CHEMISTRY. They flowed together like a well-oiled machine. They also upset the Travelers and eventually won the Nationals that year. My point being.....you can have the best team and best group of individuals on the team, but unless you have TEAM CHEMISTRY, you are prone to being upset at any time!!!! GOD Bless and enjoy these games we are blessed to have in our area.... /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> STG report coming soon.... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Halverson is DB's best shooter; McConnell is a good shooter but needs time to set up; and Sylvester is the most athletic that can get streaky and go on a tear. They key for DB will be to get "CONNECTED!!!!" Team chemistry is EVERYTHING, especially this time of year. You can have the best five players on the court at any given time. But unless they are "flowing" together, they are just five players playing individually. Time warp with me to 1992......... That summer the AAU nationals were held in the Tri-Cities, with the final four at South. The TN Travelers had a LOADED team with locals Damon Johnson, Shane Williams, Shane Carnes, & JaMichael Mills. Great individually but could not ever get the chemistry down. But their talent got them to the final four. Along comes a little Indiana (Hoopsters) team and did not have near the talent the Travelers had. This Indiana team was well coached, played great defense, and had TEAM CHEMISTRY. They flowed together like a well-oiled machine. They also upset the Travelers and eventually won the Nationals that year. My point being.....you can have the best team and best group of individuals on the team, but unless you have TEAM CHEMISTRY, you are prone to being upset at any time!!!! GOD Bless and enjoy these games we are blessed to have in our area.... /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> STG report coming soon.... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Couldn??™t have stated it better myself??¦although I think McConnell is a much more dangerous offensive weapon for the Indians. With Ashlon??™s creativeness, Justin??™s penetrating skills, Halverson??™s court vision and team first attitude, and Jordan??¦well??¦not being selfish with the ball when the shots not there??¦McConnell will always be sittin out there in 3 point land waiting to twist the Indian arrow. He almost single handedly dismantled the Vikings in the last game, and don??™t forget who saved DB in their only victory over The Hill this year. The kid is MONEY??¦and he has been that way since 6th grade. The mechanics have always been there. I remember the year he broke his arm??¦I was thinking that we could finally beat The Tribe because we could now concentrate on finding an answer for Sylvester and we didn??™t have to worry about the sniper on the wing. Of course back then??¦there was no answer for Sylvester. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />