#5 Sullivan South 76, #4 Sullivan East 54

Thursday, February 19

Quarterfinals

6:00 pm, #2 Dobyns Bennett vs. #7 Daniel Boone

7:30 pm, #3 Tennessee High vs. #6 Sullivan Central

Saturday, February 21

Semi-Finals

6:00 pm, #1 Science Hill vs. #5 Sullivan South

7:30 pm, Dobyns Bennett/Daniel Boone Winner vs. Tennessee High/Sullivan Central Winner

Tuesday, February 24

Finals

6:00 pm, Consolation: TBD

7:30 pm, Championship: TBD

Big 9 Conference Overall Records

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Science Hill, 15-1 (25-4)

Dobyns Bennett, 13-3 (22-5)

Tennessee High, 13-3 (20-9)

Sullivan East, 8-8 (16-12)

Sullivan South, 7-9 (15-14)

Sullivan Central, 7-9 (16-12)

Daniel Boone, 6-10 (12-15)

Volunteer, 3-13 (9-21)

David Crockett, 0-16 (4-23)

Im pretty sure that last year they listed the conference MVP in a list by himself and then the all-conference list after that. Though I may be wrong, but thats how I'm gonna list my all-conference lists.

MVP- Its the obvious choice of Josh Odem, this kid is the best in the conference and he has proven it every single game. He has taken it to the Indians in both conference victories.

In no particular order besides the team specified below.

First Team

Corey Young- Best point guard in the conference, controls game with great poise

Chris Smith- Best slashing guard in the conference and makes his free throws

Jordan Edwards- Dominated the paint all year

Ashlon Adams- pure scorer for the Tribe from inside and out

Tyler Devault- really think its a toss up with Sylvester but we need some diversity on 1st team

Second Team

Larry Smith- a great post with athleticsm and great hands

Todd Halvorsen- top 3 shooter in the conference, around 6 assists a game

Jordan Cross- had to do it all for East and can shoot the rock

Justin Sylvester- do it all guard that can score and does it in bunches: again.. could be flipped with Devault

Dustin McConnell- one of the other top 3 shooters in the conference, over 5 boards a game from a guard

Third Team (don't even know if there is such thing but Im making one)

Aaron Bennett

Tyler Ashworth

Patrick Albright

Tre Webb

Nick Jones

Honorable Mentions : (SH: Isaac Kinley, Jamieson Hamilton; East: Koree Deeb; Boone: Cody Connell; THS: Mason Canty; Central: Nathan Vannoy, Carl Roberts, Mickey Brown (for the fact that it is apparent that he was a big key to their success earlier in the yr before the injury); Volunteer: Cameron Trent; South: Bailey Dick, Logan Blair, Tyler Moore)

Does the South win give Central or Boone the motivation they need to stage another upset? Or will the higher seeds become more focused and play like they are capable of? Stay tuned to the same Big Nine thread, yada yada yada.....God Bless!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Does the South win give Central or Boone the motivation they need to stage another upset? Or will the higher seeds become more focused and play like they are capable of? Stay tuned to the same Big Nine thread, yada yada yada.....God Bless!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Stoke I think that upset you??™re feeling is coming in the next round. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

OMG what was I thinking!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I meant to put down Tyler DeVault (edit) (the post player for Central). I changed it on my previous post already??¦so again my bad. Albright to me could possibly be the best post player in the conference when you combined skill and heart. Jordan isn??™t far behind but he has a superior physical presence??¦especially defensively that's why he gets the nod for the first team. And I guess I??™m just a ???Bennett??? fan. He was thrown into the spotlight after a year in the shadows of Mr. Volunteer himself (Cradic) graduated. He??™s not really a spotlight type player and I would say that if he had anybody to work with on that team he could fit better into his role as PG much better than he did this year as the primary perimeter scorer. Even at that he??™s the second best PG in the league IMO. And I would call Justin a casualty of war. Even though he has been at times the spark that either lit the fire or kept the fire burning for the Indians, he still didn??™t have what I would call a Sylvester year in basketball. I guess you can??™t have but so many stars shining at one time on one team. The fact is that he has had to be more of a role player this year with the addition of Ashlon. Someone had to??¦as they say ???take one for the team??? and unfortunately I feel it has been Justin. I could have easily filled the 2nd team with the other three starters for DB and just added Larry Smith and Albright??¦and been justified in doing so. But you got to spread the love as much as possible, and since it wasn??™t going to be on the first team (by a long shot) I feel it??™s only right to do it on the second. JMO /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Albright is far from being the best post player in the conference.

Im pretty sure that last year they listed the conference MVP in a list by himself and then the all-conference list after that. Though I may be wrong, but thats how I'm gonna list my all-conference lists.

MVP- Its the obvious choice of Josh Odem, this kid is the best in the conference and he has proven it every single game. He has taken it to the Indians in both conference victories.

In no particular order besides the team specified below.

First Team

Corey Young- Best point guard in the conference, controls game with great poise

Chris Smith- Best slashing guard in the conference and makes his free throws

Jordan Edwards- Dominated the paint all year

Ashlon Adams- pure scorer for the Tribe from inside and out

Tyler Devault- really think its a toss up with Sylvester but we need some diversity on 1st team

Second Team

Larry Smith- a great post with athleticsm and great hands

Todd Halvorsen- top 3 shooter in the conference, around 6 assists a game

Jordan Cross- had to do it all for East and can shoot the rock

Justin Sylvester- do it all guard that can score and does it in bunches: again.. could be flipped with Devault

Dustin McConnell- one of the other top 3 shooters in the conference, over 5 boards a game from a guard

Third Team (don't even know if there is such thing but Im making one)

Aaron Bennett

Tyler Ashworth

Patrick Albright

Tre Webb

Nick Jones

Honorable Mentions : (SH: Isaac Kinley, Jamieson Hamilton; East: Koree Deeb; Boone: Cody Connell; THS: Mason Canty; Central: Nathan Vannoy, Carl Roberts, Mickey Brown (for the fact that it is apparent that he was a big key to their success earlier in the yr before the injury); Volunteer: Cameron Trent; South: Bailey Dick, Logan Blair, Tyler Moore)

I think you??™re right FanO??¦the MVP was separate. And in that case I??™ll have to add Sylvester to my first team.

Josh Odem (SH) and your MVP

1st

Justin Sylvester (DB)

Corey Young (THS)

Chris Smith (SH)

Ashlon Adams (DB)

Jordan Edwards (DB)

And the second best in their positions this year.

2nd

Aaron Bennett (Vol)

Nick Jones (Boone)

Dustin McConnell (DB)

Larry Smith (SH)

Tyler DeVault (Central)

FanO it looks like you and I are the only one??™s that have the ???sack??? (amongst all these ???politically correct??? tightwads) to post our personal opinions of who the best of the best in the conference are this season. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> What??™s everybody afraid of??¦the season is now over and it is what it is. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Albright is far from being the best post player in the conference.

You are correct??¦I was having a hard time figuring out the name of the Central post player. I now know that it is Tyler DeVault??¦and YES IMO, if I were putting together a team and had to choose a post player out of the Big 9 pool, and Jordan E. and Larry S. were picked already; he would be my pick. He has better foot work and a better shot than any post in the conference??¦the other two are just physically better IMO. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think you??™re right FanO??¦the MVP was separate. And in that case I??™ll have to add Sylvester to my first team.

Josh Odem (SH) and your MVP

1st

Justin Sylvester (DB)

Corey Young (THS)

Chris Smith (SH)

Ashlon Adams (DB)

Jordan Edwards (DB)

And the second best in their positions this year.

2nd

Aaron Bennett (Vol)

Nick Jones (Boone)

Dustin McConnell (DB)

Larry Smith (SH)

Tyler DeVault (Central)

FanO it looks like you and I are the only one??™s that have the ???sack??? (amongst all these ???politically correct??? tightwads) to post our personal opinions of who the best of the best in the conference are this season. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> What??™s everybody afraid of??¦the season is now over and it is what it is. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Cap, could you make up your mind on the 2nd team. Is it Albright or Devault from Central? IMO it should be Devault, by far the best post on the team and possibly the best all-around player on the team. One post you have Albright another post you have Roberts and now you're saying Devault. Give us your final post plz. Thanks..

Cap, could you make up your mind on the 2nd team. Is it Albright or Devault from Central? IMO it should be Devault, by far the best post on the team and possibly the best all-around player on the team. One post you have Albright another post you have Roberts and now you're saying Devault. Give us your final post plz. Thanks..

My apologies Cap, I must have been replying at the same time. Thanks for the clarification though.

My apologies Cap, I must have been replying at the same time. Thanks for the clarification though.

You??™re ok??¦it was my bad. The whole time I could picture the kid (DeVault) in my head but I just couldn??™t remember his name for the life of me. I just hope that doesn??™t come back to haunt me tonight! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

What's your take on tonights game Odoul? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />