big 9 basketball

unc1

You??™re ok??¦it was my bad. The whole time I could picture the kid (DeVault) in my head but I just couldn??™t remember his name for the life of me. I just hope that doesn??™t come back to haunt me tonight! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

What's your take on tonights game Odoul? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not odoul but I'll post my opinion.

Central is going to have to play team ball tonight if they want to advance. Can't be throwing the ball away and making stupid shots. Albright and DeVault are going to have to stay out of foul trouble. Brown may can make a difference if he gets playing time.

By the way cap..I think you and fan have nailed 1st and 2nd team......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not odoul but I'll post my opinion.

Central is going to have to play team ball tonight if they want to advance. Can't be throwing the ball away and making stupid shots. Albright and DeVault are going to have to stay out of foul trouble. Brown may can make a difference if he gets playing time.

By the way cap..I think you and fan have nailed 1st and 2nd team......

Main difference that I have in between these are that I would put Halvorsen on 2nd team in front of Bennett from Volunteer. In the past week I heard a newspaper writer make the comment that had Halvorsen played the way he has since the Arby's, and played this way the entire season that he would be the 5th first teamer in because he is averaging around ten points a game and one of the top 3 assists leaders in the conference. But he was slow coming on into the season (possibly due to the role of moving from shooting guard to point guard) and due to this slow start he slips down into the 2nd team in my book. Bennett hasnt had a very good shooting season and his team was second worst in the conference so I think that hurts him. A top 10 player in the conference should have the ability to put his team on his back and get the team at least 2 wins in the conference besides beating Crockett twice. Just my opinion.

First team is pretty much a lock with the 5th player a toss up between Devault and Sylvester.

What's everyone else thinking about 1st and 2nd teams?

You??™re ok??¦it was my bad. The whole time I could picture the kid (DeVault) in my head but I just couldn??™t remember his name for the life of me. I just hope that doesn??™t come back to haunt me tonight! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

What's your take on tonights game Odoul? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good job on your all -conference selections Cap. I would not quibble with any you have named. You know I've posted on the danger of your Vikes looking past the Cougars (now with Mickey) to the re-match with Dobyns Bennett. It reminds me a little of the Lady Rebels upset of the Lady Indians in that South had recently gotten their injured PG back who had missed the earlier 2 games won easily by DB. Anyway, the Cougars will have to shoot well against the zone,rebound well with DeValult for 2nd chance buckets and protect the ball against Corey and his mates. I don't have a favorite here, but for your sake good luck. I hate to see a Senior's season end prematurely when no one expects it. It was tough with DeShaud I'm sure, as it was with mine. Best wishes and congrats to Corey on an outstanding career!

Congratulations Cap and the Vikes on a great game. The Cougars played tough but couldn't come through in the end. Good Luck the rest of the Tourney and Regionals. Also I'd like to say Good Luck to the Seniors at Central as they go their seperate ways. I have enjoyed the year and look forward to another year of posting.

Congratulations Cap and the Vikes on a great game.

What was Cap's stat line for the night? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Triple Double? Way to go old man!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Didn't know you still had it in you!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just another one-done for DB. Folks it is in all sports not just football.Untill there is a complete cleaning of the house at DB they will never repeat never win the big ones when they count.I played in it and it is a joke.

Nobody should beat DB in basketball around here including SH this year with the players they have.

Good job on your all -conference selections Cap. I would not quibble with any you have named. You know I've posted on the danger of your Vikes looking past the Cougars (now with Mickey) to the re-match with Dobyns Bennett. It reminds me a little of the Lady Rebels upset of the Lady Indians in that South had recently gotten their injured PG back who had missed the earlier 2 games won easily by DB. Anyway, the Cougars will have to shoot well against the zone,rebound well with DeValult for 2nd chance buckets and protect the ball against Corey and his mates. I don't have a favorite here, but for your sake good luck. I hate to see a Senior's season end prematurely when no one expects it. It was tough with DeShaud I'm sure, as it was with mine. Best wishes and congrats to Corey on an outstanding career!

Thanks Crawdad for the shout out...and yes...this is the end once again at THS, but this one is a little different. This is REALY the end!!! /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> With Shaud I knew I still had Corey...but now I'm down to "the cheerleader" /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . Oh well...I'll still need to go to the games. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congratulations Cap and the Vikes on a great game. The Cougars played tough but couldn't come through in the end. Good Luck the rest of the Tourney and Regionals. Also I'd like to say Good Luck to the Seniors at Central as they go their seperate ways. I have enjoyed the year and look forward to another year of posting.

'll echo that...the Cougars did play tough. Witcher almost coached his way out of a win. At the beginning of the game the Vikings were rolling in transition...and with a comfortable lead (at the time) Witcher went into our topical THS "coach not to loose" mode that the Vikings have made so famous over the years in football and basketball. You give a team like Central just a little positive rope and they will hang you with it...ask DB. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> We were just fortunate that we were in the favor of the "basketball gods" last night, because we didn't earn it. I really hated it for Mickey!! I hope he's able to keep it "between the lines" and continue on to school, because I'm very aware of Joe and the Golden child syndrome that Mickey has had to try and overcome for a long time now with his Mom. This was his year to break that mold. Congrats to the Central seniors. If you got a go out...go out swingin! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way...did anyone happen to see the games tonight!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

By the way...did anyone happen to see the games tonight!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

All tonight's games did was put D-B and the Hill in the same region bracket. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Just another one-done for DB. Folks it is in all sports not just football.Untill there is a complete cleaning of the house at DB they will never repeat never win the big ones when they count.I played in it and it is a joke.

So...who do you suggest we fire first? Clark? Morgan? Ritz? If you think all the blame rests on the shoulders of each sports coaching staff, you??™re wrong. A school that is constantly under the microscope and you suggest the fix all end all is to give every coach, of every sport, the pink slip. That, in and of itself, is a joke. Try again.