big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All tonight's games did was put D-B and the Hill in the same region bracket. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oops!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Just another one-done for DB. Folks it is in all sports not just football.Untill there is a complete cleaning of the house at DB they will never repeat never win the big ones when they count.I played in it and it is a joke.

Nobody should beat DB in basketball around here including SH this year with the players they have.

You should change your screen name to BOZO...you know...the CLOWN. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Where do I start? DB has played inconsistent this whole year, never finding a groove. But etathlete, they are not one and done. And if they win and the Hill wins, TN High has the #1 seed from Region 2, while the two powerhouses will more than likely be sending one of themselves home in round two of the regionals. I will always say this...if you have a good PG and fundamental skills, you can beat talent any day. It's all about the flow. The game is 15% skills and 85% mental. You have to understand the game from a mental stand-point, and having a good guard that can control tempo will always work in your favor. TN High just learned from the two losses during the season against DB. The signs of a SMART team, maybe not the most talented (see DB & Science Hill), but SMARTS will keep you in the thick of things come tourney time!!!! GOD Bless!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

PS.....if TN High wins, then they will be with DB in the regionals.....hmmmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Where do I start? DB has played inconsistent this whole year, never finding a groove. But etathlete, they are not one and done. And if they win and the Hill wins, TN High has the #1 seed from Region 2, while the two powerhouses will more than likely be sending one of themselves home in round two of the regionals. I will always say this...if you have a good PG and fundamental skills, you can beat talent any day. It's all about the flow. The game is 15% skills and 85% mental. You have to understand the game from a mental stand-point, and having a good guard that can control tempo will always work in your favor. TN High just learned from the two losses during the season against DB. The signs of a SMART team, maybe not the most talented (see DB & Science Hill), but SMARTS will keep you in the thick of things come tourney time!!!! GOD Bless!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

PS.....if TN High wins, then they will be with DB in the regionals.....hmmmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You don't think the Hill would.....................ah never mind. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Good post Stokomo.Morgan echoed your thoughts in the paper saying,you have to have a good basketball

IQ to play the game. Most people in Kinsport are getting tired of getting knocked out in the first rounds with the talent that they have on all their teams. Ask around,its a common topic.Cap can call me Bozo all he wants,most think he is the clown.He has made himself the GURU on the boards,so he thinks.

AND TCSF why do you think DB is under the microscope? Think about it. Congrat to the Vikings.

...AND TCSF why do you think DB is under the microscope? Think about it.

Dobyns Bennett is under the microscope because of consistent year in and year out success, over long periods of time. Losing prematurely does bring the magnifying glass, but it's not the sole reason they are under the microscope. It's the winning tradition that puts them there in the first place, not the .500 'big game' winning percentage.

Everyone always wants to knock off the teams that have glorified success. DB is such a team with its history of winning and dominating these hills. But! They are only dominant around these hills. Even with the 90's SUPER SQUAD that should've, could've, and would've won two gold balls with ease but didn't! DB has always had its share of "politics" hindering the program. Think about what we could have had...George Pitts. Not many people on here remember Pitt's availability. fOR MANY REASONS IT NEVER MATERIALIZED.... Pitts is a proven winner wherever he goes and for DB not to do "WHATEVER" it had to do to get him was a grave mistake. Not knocking any coaches that have coached for DB, but when you have a chance to get the BEST, you pull out all the stops. Morgan is a great coach no doubt. He has taken them to the state numerous times and won his state title in Va. For whatever reason, DB is not a "big-game" winner. Could it be the pressure? I don't think so. When you get out of these hills, there are teams like Science Hill and DB EVERYWHERE out West. The BIG difference is that they all play each other so they have the whole season playing "Big-Games" night in and out. It becomes a matter of routine for them. Anyone from around here will have a higher stake at each level of tourney play, then the "Big-Games" climax at the Sub-State and State finals. Maybe DB needs to make a round-robin venture out west and take one week, play three games (Tues, Thurs, and Sat) in Memphis against top quality teams. They have the money to do it, just need to schedule it. Just a thought through STG's /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> ......GOD Bless..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dobyns Bennett is under the microscope because of consistent year in and year out success, over long periods of time. Losing prematurely does bring the magnifying glass, but it's not the sole reason they are under the microscope. It's the winning tradition that puts them there in the first place, not the .500 'big game' winning percentage.

I agree with that and Stokes post also.I am just tired of the status-quo attitudes.

You don't think the Hill would.....................ah never mind. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

If the hill plays well like they are capable then their is only one team that can beat them and that is DB. So hey.... you never know..... they might just do it..... cutlip isnt dumb.