big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think every team in the BIG 9 have a couple of good posts, a shooting guard, and a point guard, just saying. But Central does have a VERY good chance to win the district. And I also think that the Science Hill vs Central games will be the most interesting in the conference.

I believe Central will suprise all. Look out for the junior kid, Tyler DeVault and the point guard. With Patrick and Tyler down low, they could be unstoppable. Tyler D has got some heads turning. Going to be an interesting year.. GO COUGARS.

It's apparent that, thus far, this thread has been dominated by Sullivan Central supporters/players. I'd hate for them to be disappointed.

I am not saying Central will win District, Region or State, just stating they should have a great season and challenge all Big 9 teams to the end. DB is talented again but they are always talented. They have enough kids there to where alot only plays 1 sport, unlike the county schools where there are many 2/3 sport athletes. I realize Sylvester, Edwards, and Adams play football also, but look at what DB has left, enough talent to carry them until football is over, hopefully.

What will Sullivan East have this year? I know Jordan Cross will be back, but with Isaac Snapp graduated, what does that leave?

Also, how does Volunteer look this year with Keith Cradic and other key seniors now graduated? What do they Falcons look to offer the Big 9?

I assume Daniel Boone and David Crockett will continue to be scrappy clubs. Will they be better, worse, or about the same this year?

Since not much is being said about Dobyns Bennett basketball, I'll provide some information. The Indians lost Adam Lytle, Tremell McGue, Jerry Long, Reed King, Marshall Hardy, Bronson Flack, and Darren Riggs to graduation. Returning for the Tribe are Darius Davis (Jr.) who looks to be take over the point guard role, Justin Sylvester (Sr.), Todd Halverson (Sr.), Dustin McConnell (Sr.), and Jordan Edwards (Sr.). Also, the Indians will benefit from a Science Hill transfer in Ashlon Adams (Sr.), who played well for the Hilltoppers.

I am not knowledgable on what juniors (played JV last year) or sophomores (played freshman basketball last year) could benefit Dobyns Bennett this year. I do know the sophmore class is a talented bunch, and also know the junior class has their fair share of talent, so Indian fans should be happy with the prospects of a repeat of the 2007-2008 season.

HAHAHA.....can DB's head get any bigger????? YES!

As DB's head gets bigger other teams like central are getting better and working hard.

We dont need a bunch of hype from former players or the media or whatever it is. We are out to win, no matter what! So the big 9 conference should be exciting all around, upsets and a lot of head turners....So while DB puts their make up on for the cameras....some teams will be ready to play ball....i assure you there will be plenty of excitement in the cougar den this season. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What will Sullivan East have this year? I know Jordan Cross will be back, but with Isaac Snapp graduated, what does that leave?

Also, how does Volunteer look this year with Keith Cradic and other key seniors now graduated? What do they Falcons look to offer the Big 9?

I assume Daniel Boone and David Crockett will continue to be scrappy clubs. Will they be better, worse, or about the same this year?

Sullivan east will not be anything to worry about. they are weak down low, and only have shooters, no ball handling or penetraters. They kave koree deeb who can shoot and should lead the team being the only senior. Jordan is a good shot, but thats it. Dont know who else they have other than zane.

can anyone confirm that jamel williams is gone or is he back?

your right central does have several seniors back but what about south,east, and volunteer. south won the jv tourn last year! does central and tn high have the scoring to run with these other teams? these teams have some good palyers also returning with varsity experience

This is a useless stat. Boone AND East both did not play in that JV tournament. Those were the two best teams in the conference. ALSO, South started several players that were not only ON varsity, but got substantial playing time on varsity, in that JV tourney last year, including the Pickwell kid....the one who won the dunk contest at the jamboree.

just set back and watch, south, east ,tn and maybe vol. will give the cougars all they can handle.

Where is this stuff about south coming from???

South finished what, LAST in the conference last year?? Next-to-last?

I believe Central will suprise all. Look out for the junior kid, Tyler DeVault and the point guard. With Patrick and Tyler down low, they could be unstoppable. Tyler D has got some heads turning. Going to be an interesting year.. GO COUGARS.

Yes i think that central can have a very strong team and will be a great matchup for science hill. I have watched the Vannoy kid and the Devault kid play together at the hill in a 3 on 3 league and have been doing very well. Science Hill has a very strong 5 with a lot of leadership from Odom. But From what i have seen vannoy and devault will both be scoring threats.

Yes i think that central can have a very strong team and will be a great matchup for science hill. I have watched the Vannoy kid and the Devault kid play together at the hill in a 3 on 3 league and have been doing very well. Science Hill has a very strong 5 with a lot of leadership from Odom. But From what i have seen vannoy and devault will both be scoring threats.

We also have a point guard (Mickey Brown) that is quick off the dribble and another good shooter(Carl Roberts) that can score.