big 9 basketball

unc1

Again, not taking anything away from Jamel, but his down side sometimes overshadowed his upside. I would say Dobyns Bennett best overall player has been Justin Sylvester, bare none.

You are completely correct in this, Jamel Williams is yes a very good player, but he had many downsides and many times this negated his good play. He tended to try to draw attention away from the team and that hurt DB in the state tournament when he thought he had to take over and he took a few bad shots and missed a couple short shots late. Yes it hurts to lose a playmaker, but it gives DB much better team morale and chemistry. And I also agree with Sylvester being the best player on the team last year as well as this yr. Tho is defense is very good I would say their best returning defensive player is Halverson. Charlie Morgan usually had Halverson guard the other teams best player also to give Sylvester a slight rest on defense. Besides Hardy and Williams, I believe DB's best players are returning with the addition of Adams. Science Hill has a good team returning so as always... it should be a good game between the two teams. As well as Central could keep up with the Tribe. But expect DB to run the table again.

1. DB

2. The Hill (Odem and crew)

3. Central (good cast of seniors will shock some teams)

4. Tenn High (Corey Young and that is IT)

5. Boone (will surprise..)

6. South (good jv if thats worth anything)

7. East (tho they lost some seniors still have a decent cast)

8. Volunteer (No cradic, they're in trouble)

9. Crockett (Maybe next yr)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are completely correct in this, Jamel Williams is yes a very good player, but he had many downsides and many times this negated his good play. He tended to try to draw attention away from the team and that hurt DB in the state tournament when he thought he had to take over and he took a few bad shots and missed a couple short shots late. Yes it hurts to lose a playmaker, but it gives DB much better team morale and chemistry. And I also agree with Sylvester being the best player on the team last year as well as this yr. Tho is defense is very good I would say their best returning defensive player is Halverson. Charlie Morgan usually had Halverson guard the other teams best player also to give Sylvester a slight rest on defense. Besides Hardy and Williams, I believe DB's best players are returning with the addition of Adams. Science Hill has a good team returning so as always... it should be a good game between the two teams. As well as Central could keep up with the Tribe. But expect DB to run the table again.

1. DB

2. The Hill (Odem and crew)

3. Central (good cast of seniors will shock some teams)

4. Tenn High (Corey Young and that is IT)

5. Boone (will surprise..)

6. South (good jv if thats worth anything)

7. East (tho they lost some seniors still have a decent cast)

8. Volunteer (No cradic, they're in trouble)

9. Crockett (Maybe next yr)

i agree with the top 3 but after that imo it could be any 3 tn high, east or south for 4th on down. they have the players to surprise some teams.

i agree with the top 3 but after that imo it could be any 3 tn high, east or south for 4th on down. they have the players to surprise some teams.

Yea i agree with you on that. But Central will beat Science Hill atleast once this year. And i think DB will have a tough time playing Central second or third game with so many of their starters just coming back from football if they go to state. Practice starts in only 10 days and that is a huge disadvantage for them, especially since two of their best are also football stars. I also think Science Hill can come out and beat them off the start if they play good.

Tho is defense is very good I would say their best returning defensive player is Halverson. Charlie Morgan usually had Halverson guard the other teams best player also to give Sylvester a slight rest on defense.

Halvorsen is definitely one of the most underrated defensive clippas in east tn.

Jamel Williams is no longer attending Dobyns-Bennett and transferred back to New York. It is nice to see enthusiasm from the players/supporters at Sullivan Central. However, I will say, you have to beat the best to be the best. Use that for motivation. I'll leave it at that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FIRST let me say something about this quote here. the only reason central has some enthusiasm about DB is because when we play its bound to be a great game. but right now your not the best this year, right now you dont have a winning record...but if you do have one this year its bound to broken when you play at the cougar den. and im sure we will have a lot more motivation to beat DB, i dont think we need a quote that you copied from google....I'll leave it at that.

HAHAHA Are you serious... DB works harder than any other team in the conference every single yr. The reason they put great players on the floor each yr is cause those players work at their games. Even when DB is not as good as the other team (BEARDEN) they still work harder and play smart to beat their opponent. You can say what you want but everyone knows that on paper last yr that Bearden was better than them. HOWEVER, DB worked much harder than them and won on the scoreboard and thats all that mattered. So there is no need for some crap about DB just wanting to be in the camera or having the big head... the reason they are on camera is because they have earned it. Central will be in the top 4 this yr but thats ridiculous to say they will be "unstoppable" this yr. DB should once again handle them with ease as they did last year when they beat them by 52.... 76-24. yeah you read correct.. not a misprint. DB possibly has the best guard combination in East Tennessee with Sylvester, Halvorsen, and McConnell. To go along with Adams (top 25 senior in Tenn) and Edwards who is probably the best post in the conference. We'll see what their juniors can do off the bench this yr. Should be interesting....

So i see fanofBALLZ liked my comment about working hard. you see there are teams that are meant to be great in basketball (which is DB) but there all also teams that are meant to beat great teams( cough cough central) so i would advise you to stop strolling through memory lane, and stop talkin about how great you are, cause we all know your little indian head is getting bigger from all that hot air. this is the 08-09 season its fair game for anyone who wants it...so go and flash yourself to the media, because at the end of the night the media wont interview losers!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

FIRST let me say something about this quote here. the only reason central has some enthusiasm about DB is because when we play its bound to be a great game. but right now your not the best this year, right now you dont have a winning record...but if you do have one this year its bound to broken when you play at the cougar den. and im sure we will have a lot more motivation to beat DB, i dont think we need a quote that you copied from google....I'll leave it at that.

So i see fanofBALLZ liked my comment about working hard. you see there are teams that are meant to be great in basketball (which is DB) but there all also teams that are meant to beat great teams( cough cough central) so i would advise you to stop strolling through memory lane, and stop talkin about how great you are, cause we all know your little indian head is getting bigger from all that hot air. this is the 08-09 season its fair game for anyone who wants it...so go and flash yourself to the media, because at the end of the night the media wont interview losers!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Your logic is bullet proof.

Roll Tribe Roll.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FIRST let me say something about this quote here. the only reason central has some enthusiasm about DB is because when we play its bound to be a great game. but right now your not the best this year, right now you dont have a winning record...but if you do have one this year its bound to broken when you play at the cougar den. and im sure we will have a lot more motivation to beat DB, i dont think we need a quote that you copied from google....I'll leave it at that.

This logic is bullet proof DBsportsfan. it is also genius. DB just thinks they are sooo good because they have a good football team and cause they have won state a few times. WELL THIS YEAR WHEN THEY ROLL INTO THE COUGAR DEN THEY WILL GET A QUICK AWAKENING THAT WILL BURST THEIR LITTLE INDIAN BUBBLE.

This logic is bullet proof DBsportsfan. it is also genius. DB just thinks they are sooo good because they have a good football team and cause they have won state a few times. WELL THIS YEAR WHEN THEY ROLL INTO THE COUGAR DEN THEY WILL GET A QUICK AWAKENING THAT WILL BURST THEIR LITTLE INDIAN BUBBLE.

My point with the Sullivan Central posters on this thread is simply to talk about the upsets your predicting when they happen, rather than now, weeks before the first whistle blows.

Also, Dobyns Bennett does have a good football team, but we also play a little basketball. I have not read or heard anything from Dobyns Bennett fans or players that would lead me to believe they are marking down this year as another state tournament run, as you and your counterparts suggest. In an earlier post I stated that the tools are there to make such a run, but we all know there are alot of obstacles in the way, Sullivan Central being one of them. We all know that this years Cougars club will be a special bunch, but I wish you would stop acting like everyone is disrespecting you or your players, especially Dobyns Bennett fans or players.

Best of luck to Sullivan Central this 2008-2009 season, you have my respect. I look forward to coming to the Cougar's Den sometime this season.

My point with the Sullivan Central posters on this thread is simply to talk about the upsets your predicting when they happen, rather than now, weeks before the first whistle blows.

Also, Dobyns Bennett does have a good football team, but we also play a little basketball. I have not read or heard anything from Dobyns Bennett fans or players that would lead me to believe they are marking down this year as another state tournament run, as you and your counterparts suggest. In an earlier post I stated that the tools are there to make such a run, but we all know there are alot of obstacles in the way, Sullivan Central being one of them. We all know that this years Cougars club will be a special bunch, but I wish you would stop acting like everyone is disrespecting you or your players, especially Dobyns Bennett fans or players.

Best of luck to Sullivan Central this 2008-2009 season, you have my respect. I look forward to coming to the Cougar's Den sometime this season.

hey tricitiessportsfan, you might have a little brown on your nose /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

hey tricitiessportsfan, you might have a little brown on your nose /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You might need to remove your head from your hindquarters. Come back to reality. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You might need to remove your head from your hindquarters. Come back to reality. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess your name means that you love tricitiessports.com and if thats the case you better like orange and you better like cougars cause thats all you'll be seeing & hearing about on that website, better get use to it!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />