Moving to New Divisions or Levels

DonCChatt

All that I see on that forum relates to specific schools. I was just asking a generic question that I have been curious about for several years. If there is a simple explanation, I would just like to know. Not trying to stir the pot or get anyone upset, just curious.

As long as private schools agree to play by the rules, everyone is entitled to play in the same division.

There are disparities between rural and urban (or rather sub-urban) schools, and there are plenty of private schools that are not competitive in their soccer programs. Playing competitive club ball is probably the biggest issue the seperates the competitive schools from the not so competitive schools. That often takes $$. You could argue that the surban schools in south and west nashville have an unfair advantages over some county school in the boonies.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that I see on that forum relates to specific schools. I was just asking a generic question that I have been curious about for several years. If there is a simple explanation, I would just like to know. Not trying to stir the pot or get anyone upset, just curious.

It is a good and fair question. I don't think you upset anyone, either. It's just that there is a forum for those discussions, and they like to keep those type of threads on those boards and off of these.

I don't mind if you all continue to discuss it, I'll just transfer it to Public vs. Private and leave a link on these boards.

Akula,

I have heard that Stone and some others are moving out of our district (but not up) and if AC and the others move up, I too, wonder what the districts will look like. I would LOVE to have less district games (it's hard to schedule the out of district teams you want when you have to play 8 district games).

Can't wait to see what it looks like. Sure will change things with some of those teams gone!

How does tssaa view these different arrangements when a district splits up who they play. How do you seed for your tournament? Just wondering. I think that would make it confusing. I wish we could get some similarity amongst districts in soccer, though. Some have 10 others may have 4 who actually field teams. Doesn't make sense to me. Guess we'll see at the end of the month. I know we'll just play who they tell us to play and do the best to fill out the rest of the schedule.

I do find it interesting the whole point of the Z plan was to save on travel. And Alcoa has to go to harriman, rockwood, and cosby for DISTRICT matches. And I know CAK has had to travel to Stone in cumberland county, and Scott and Oneida north of knoxville. Hope that the new districts solve some of that for soccer.

our A.D. is on the board of control or what ever its called

so region 3 will combine to make district 5 and cumberland co will go into 6 along with warren co, white co, cookville and coffee co

all of murfreesboro will be together including wilson central

portland and station camp come up from AA/A into 9 along with lebanon

and last catholic goes into 3

CLASS AAA

>

> District 1: Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Sullivan South, Tennessee,

> Volunteer Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill

>

> District 2: Cherokee, Cocke Co., Morristown East, Morristown West,

> Seymour; Jefferson Co., Sevier Co.

>

> District 3: Anderson Co., Campbell Co., Clinton, Knoxville Catholic,

> Knoxville Central, Knoxville Halls, Powell; Karns, Oak Ridge

>

> District 4: Lenoir City, South Doyle; Bearden, Farragut, Hardin Valley,

> Heritage, Knoxville West, Maryville, William Blount

>

> District 5: Cleveland, Red Bank, Rhea Co., McMinn Co.; Bradley, Ooltewah,

> Soddy-Daisy, Walker Valley

>

> District 6: Cumberland Co., White Co.; Coffee Co., Cookeville, Warren Co.

>

> District 7: Blackman, LaVergne, Oakland, Riverdale, Siegel, Smyrna, Wilson

> Central

>

> District 8: Lawrence Co., Shelbyville, Tullahoma Columbia, Franklin Co.,

> Lincoln Co.

>

> District 9: Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Portland, Station Camp;

> Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

>

> District 10: Clarksville, Henry Co., Kenwood, Northwest, Dickson Co.,

> Northeast, Rossview, West Creek

>

> District 11:Centennial, Hillsboro, Hillwood; Brentwood, Franklin,

> Independence, Overton, Ravenwood

>

> District 12: Glencliff, Maplewood, Whites Creek; Antioch, Cane Ridge,

> Hunters Lane, McGavock

>

> District 13: Brighton, Dyer Co., Hardin Co., Jackson North Side, Munford;

>

> District 14: Craigmont, Raleigh-Egypt; Arlington, Barlett, Bolton,

> Cordova, Millington

>

> District 15: Ridgeway; Collierville, Germantown, Houston, Kirby,

> Southwind, Wooddale

>

> District 16: Fairley, Hamilton, Melrose, Memphis Overton; Memphis Central,

> Whitehaven, White Station

Springfield is in Dsitrict 10 too so they will have a 9 team district as well.

I think the districts and regions are set for all programs (not sport by sport), with a heavy emphasis on football. They might put 12 schools in a district, even if only 5 schools have a girl's soccer program. Until this year, A/AA District 6 had 14 schools in it's district, but only 4 teams had girl's soccer -- ND, CCS, Hixson, and Eastridge. This year, with the opening of Signal Mountain and Sequatchie starting their program, they went to 6 schools.

What I'm trying to say is that even after the re-suffling that might occur, we are likely to see unevenly sized districts, at least as far as girl's soccer is concerned.

I think the districts and regions are set for all programs (not sport by sport), with a heavy emphasis on football. They might put 12 schools in a district, even if only 5 schools have a girl's soccer program. Until this year, A/AA District 6 had 14 schools in it's district, but only 4 teams had girl's soccer -- ND, CCS, Hixson, and Eastridge. This year, with the opening of Signal Mountain and Sequatchie starting their program, they went to 6 schools.

What I'm trying to say is that even after the re-suffling that might occur, we are likely to see unevenly sized districts, at least as far as girl's soccer is concerned.

This is very true. We need the TN Coach's Association to step in and address this issue or soon your whole season will begin to be district games only.

How does tssaa view these different arrangements when a district splits up who they play. How do you seed for your tournament? Just wondering. I think that would make it confusing.

You play everyone in your division at least once, which are the only games that count in your district record. You can play teams from the other division, but those results have no bearing on your overall district record. Then when it comes tournament time, ours is comparable to SEC basketball. Two lowest seeds play each other first. Then, North #1 plays South #4/5, North #2 plays South #3, etc...

The cross-bracket system is the best way to ensure the best two teams from the entire district play each other in the finals.

our A.D. is on the board of control or what ever its called

so region 3 will combine to make district 5 and cumberland co will go into 6 along with warren co, white co, cookville and coffee co

all of murfreesboro will be together including wilson central

portland and station camp come up from AA/A into 9 along with lebanon

and last catholic goes into 3

CLASS AAA

>

> District 1: Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Sullivan South, Tennessee,

> Volunteer Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill

>

> District 2: Cherokee, Cocke Co., Morristown East, Morristown West,

> Seymour; Jefferson Co., Sevier Co.

>

> District 3: Anderson Co., Campbell Co., Clinton, Knoxville Catholic,

> Knoxville Central, Knoxville Halls, Powell; Karns, Oak Ridge

>

> District 4: Lenoir City, South Doyle; Bearden, Farragut, Hardin Valley,

> Heritage, Knoxville West, Maryville, William Blount

>

> District 5: Cleveland, Red Bank, Rhea Co., McMinn Co.; Bradley, Ooltewah,

> Soddy-Daisy, Walker Valley

>

> District 6: Cumberland Co., White Co.; Coffee Co., Cookeville, Warren Co.

>

> District 7: Blackman, LaVergne, Oakland, Riverdale, Siegel, Smyrna, Wilson

> Central

>

> District 8: Lawrence Co., Shelbyville, Tullahoma Columbia, Franklin Co.,

> Lincoln Co.

>

> District 9: Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Portland, Station Camp;

> Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

>

> District 10: Clarksville, Henry Co., Kenwood, Northwest, Dickson Co.,

> Northeast, Rossview, West Creek

>

> District 11:Centennial, Hillsboro, Hillwood; Brentwood, Franklin,

> Independence, Overton, Ravenwood

>

> District 12: Glencliff, Maplewood, Whites Creek; Antioch, Cane Ridge,

> Hunters Lane, McGavock

>

> District 13: Brighton, Dyer Co., Hardin Co., Jackson North Side, Munford;

>

> District 14: Craigmont, Raleigh-Egypt; Arlington, Barlett, Bolton,

> Cordova, Millington

>

> District 15: Ridgeway; Collierville, Germantown, Houston, Kirby,

> Southwind, Wooddale

>

> District 16: Fairley, Hamilton, Melrose, Memphis Overton; Memphis Central,

> Whitehaven, White Station

Does anyone know what district Greeneville is scheduled to be in? Normally they would be in District2.