• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Clyde

Boomer Herndon

In case anyone missed it, Boomer scored 30 points in the finals of the Junior Olympic tournament in Maryville. The opposition was a team from North Carolina made up of ACC signees including two McDonalds A/As. A very encouraging performance versus some tough competition.

[Edited by Clyde on 8-8-02 9:25P]

Guest ballyhoo

...and he pulled down 13 rebounds. The competition was 3 Tarheels (2 McD's AA's), a Wake Forest commit and yet unsigned 6-9 athletic big man Anthony King.

I don`t recall his name right now. He is going to walk on at Carolina. There was a kid that has committed to play at Clemson on that team tuesday also. Not sure about one from Wake Forest,but there well may have been. David Noel was his name I think or that was the 3rd kid going to Carolina. Sorry Im not clear on names.

Guest sharpshooter12

The third one was Noel, and before they picked him up they had Richard Joyce, who is a Wake Forest Signee. I'm not sure why he left the tournament though.

Sorry I couldn`t think of him last night. Boomer will be alright in my opinion. He showed alot more game tuesday than I had seen earlier. I think he had/has an injured ankle and that might have been bothering him. :D

Posted by Clyde:

In case anyone missed it, Boomer scored 30 points in the finals of the Junior Olympic tournament in Maryville. The opposition was a team from North Carolina made up of ACC signees including two McDonalds A/As. A very encouraging performance versus some tough competition.

[Edited by Clyde on 8-8-02 9:25P]

Man I Can't Wait Till Boomer and his team mates put on that Orange Jersey!! :D:):)

According to the stats I recieved from one of the Thunder coaches. Boomer averaged 13.6 points and 7.2 rebounds for the tournament. He also blocked shots at a 3.75 per game clip.