Boomer Herndon

Clyde

In case anyone missed it, Boomer scored 30 points in the finals of the Junior Olympic tournament in Maryville. The opposition was a team from North Carolina made up of ACC signees including two McDonalds A/As. A very encouraging performance versus some tough competition.

[Edited by Clyde on 8-8-02 9:25P]

Guest ballyhoo

...and he pulled down 13 rebounds. The competition was 3 Tarheels (2 McD's AA's), a Wake Forest commit and yet unsigned 6-9 athletic big man Anthony King.

I don`t recall his name right now. He is going to walk on at Carolina. There was a kid that has committed to play at Clemson on that team tuesday also. Not sure about one from Wake Forest,but there well may have been. David Noel was his name I think or that was the 3rd kid going to Carolina. Sorry Im not clear on names.

Guest sharpshooter12

The third one was Noel, and before they picked him up they had Richard Joyce, who is a Wake Forest Signee. I'm not sure why he left the tournament though.

Posted by Clyde:

In case anyone missed it, Boomer scored 30 points in the finals of the Junior Olympic tournament in Maryville. The opposition was a team from North Carolina made up of ACC signees including two McDonalds A/As. A very encouraging performance versus some tough competition.

[Edited by Clyde on 8-8-02 9:25P]

Man I Can't Wait Till Boomer and his team mates put on that Orange Jersey!! :D:):)