7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

AAAAHHHH YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! The "SWAMI" is here!!!!! lLooking to rebound off of Friday's (2-2) pickings, The "SWAMI" now stands at (36-4) for the season. The "SWAMI" sees Tuesday nights games going as follows: Siegel wll rebound after the tough loss to Oakland and win on the road at Blackman. Siegel by 27. Red-Hot Oakland will travel up to Cookeville, but will find the CAVS mighty tough to beat at home. Cookeville by 4 , in a real barn-burner. White County will drive over to Lebanon and will not enjoy their stay. Lebanon by 10. And finally, Riverdale will travel to Warren County and pull out a close 5 point victory over my Pioneers. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!! Read em and weep .

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! The "SWAMI" is here !!! And after a (3-1) Tuesday night ( Congrats to Oakland, no big surprise on their win) , The "SWAMI" now stands at (39-5) for the year. Here are all Friday nights winner's : Siegel will thrash my Pioneers. Siegel by 33. White County will lose at Oakland , enough said, Oakland by 18. Cookeville will get the road victory at Blackman. Cookeville by 11. And finally, Lebanon will invade the "BORO" and beat Riverdale by 7. The " SWAMI" has spoken !!! Read em and weep.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with part of this statement. Siegel needs to keep playing their style of basketball if they try to change up to fit somebody else's game thats what going to get them beat. If/when they get to the substate they will be playing someone from the chattanooga are so that will be an uptempo game which is siegel's style of play, when they get to the stat tournament all of the memphis teams run and gun so Siegel will no thave to change up anything. I dont think a team that is an uptempo team should be trying to play half court basketball if they are not used to doing that

Ice, I don't think SiegelGrad was trying to imply that the Stars should purposely try to start playing half court, possesion control games. I believe the intent was to acknowledge that there will be some teams (i.e. Oakland) that can impose their will (and style of play) to limit the Stars scoring chances by controlling possession and/or tempo. When this occurs, the Stars are going to be forced to get the most out of each possession.

On to the second point. Let's not equate athletic Memphis basketball teams/players with a playground type "run and gun" style. The Memphis basketball greats (teams and players) are so much more than "run and gun". The great ones out of Memphis possess the ability to "run and gun" due to their great athleticism, but they are also true ball players who have a tremendous basketball I.Q. No question that succesful Memphis teams can run, but they also have the ability to get the ball in the hands of their go-to guys and get baskets in a half court setting when desperately needed.

Which gets me back to the first point, Siegel will eventually match up with a team that is good in transition defense and won't turn the ball over thereby limiting Siegel's opportunities for easy transition baskets. When this happens, they will need the ability to get their playmakers the ball in positions at which they can be successful in converting half-court possessions into points. Additionally, let's remember that a half-court game is more than just on the offensive end. As mentioned above, a good ball-handling team will force Siegel to play solid half-court defense. If they can't (or choose not to) be disciplined in half-court defense, then opposing teams will exploit that and convert possessions into baskets. When baskets are falling for the opposition, it will be hard for the Stars to get out and run in transition offense.

Just my 2-cents worth. And for what it's worth, I wish there were more posters like OP. I've followed this board for a number of years and I wanted to say that I appreciate OP's contributions. While unwavering in his support for the Patriots, he does a pretty good job of being objective in his opinions regarding his team as well as the others. He also includes a little bit of support/insight behind his opinions and doesn't just throw around emotional thoughts, accusations, or heresay. So from a former Warrior, thanks OP for trying to be somewhat level headed and rational when it comes to 7-AAA b-ball.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! The "SWAMI" is here !!! And after a (3-1) Tuesday night ( Congrats to Oakland, no big surprise on their win) , The "SWAMI" now stands at (39-5) for the year. Here are all Friday nights winner's : Siegel will thrash my Pioneers. Siegel by 33. White County will lose at Oakland , enough said, Oakland by 18. Cookeville will get the road victory at Blackman. Cookeville by 11. And finally, Lebanon will invade the "BORO" and beat Riverdale by 7. The " SWAMI" has spoken !!! Read em and weep.

SWAMI I think you have made a BIG mistake on the Oakland, White Co game. I think the warriors are going to come home happy.

Aza...there's no bigger White County fan than me, but how do you figure we win? Oakland did just beat Siegel. I hope you are right.

The way I figure it is that its time Stewart started knocking down his threes, Josh has come on, Cory is just waiting for everything to fall in place and the big man is back.

Ice, I don't think SiegelGrad was trying to imply that the Stars should purposely try to start playing half court, possesion control games. I believe the intent was to acknowledge that there will be some teams (i.e. Oakland) that can impose their will (and style of play) to limit the Stars scoring chances by controlling possession and/or tempo. When this occurs, the Stars are going to be forced to get the most out of each possession.

On to the second point. Let's not equate athletic Memphis basketball teams/players with a playground type "run and gun" style. The Memphis basketball greats (teams and players) are so much more than "run and gun". The great ones out of Memphis possess the ability to "run and gun" due to their great athleticism, but they are also true ball players who have a tremendous basketball I.Q. No question that succesful Memphis teams can run, but they also have the ability to get the ball in the hands of their go-to guys and get baskets in a half court setting when desperately needed.

Which gets me back to the first point, Siegel will eventually match up with a team that is good in transition defense and won't turn the ball over thereby limiting Siegel's opportunities for easy transition baskets. When this happens, they will need the ability to get their playmakers the ball in positions at which they can be successful in converting half-court possessions into points. Additionally, let's remember that a half-court game is more than just on the offensive end. As mentioned above, a good ball-handling team will force Siegel to play solid half-court defense. If they can't (or choose not to) be disciplined in half-court defense, then opposing teams will exploit that and convert possessions into baskets. When baskets are falling for the opposition, it will be hard for the Stars to get out and run in transition offense.

Just my 2-cents worth. And for what it's worth, I wish there were more posters like OP. I've followed this board for a number of years and I wanted to say that I appreciate OP's contributions. While unwavering in his support for the Patriots, he does a pretty good job of being objective in his opinions regarding his team as well as the others. He also includes a little bit of support/insight behind his opinions and doesn't just throw around emotional thoughts, accusations, or heresay. So from a former Warrior, thanks OP for trying to be somewhat level headed and rational when it comes to 7-AAA b-ball.

Well, I am certainly all for trash talking and being all rah-rah, but what fun is it if every post is something along the lines of " my team is gonna kill your team" without giving no reason whatsoever, basketball is a thinking man's game, so I would rather 99 times out of 100 talk about strategy as opposed to smack, although my alma mater has given me some pretty good ammunition for continuing to post and staying "rational". My only regret is the season thread doesnt get nearly as much juicy conversation as in years past, some season's we would have 100 pages by now.

Your no slouch either Mackie, you have a good feel for this district and the state in general, wouldnt mind talking basketball with you sometime.

SWAMI I think you have made a BIG mistake on the Oakland, White Co game. I think the warriors are going to come home happy.

Even in their down years, beating Sparta is never an easy task. I always look forward to facing you guys and truly hope Puckett is ready to go tommorrow night. I feel really confident with the way Oakland has played as of late.

How does everyone think this Siegel team compares to the one a few years back? From what I have seen this team doesn't get within 15 points of the team a few years ago.

Will y'all ever stop talking about the Siegel team from a few years back?? But to add my 2 cents, I'm going to have to go the other way and pick this year's team. We saw that team play and graduate and never win the big prize. This year's team is young and talented and probably more coachable. IMO we haven't seen the best from this team yet. As long as this team plays as a team ( a problem that plagued the team a few years ago), I predict they will surpass that previous team.

Will y'all ever stop talking about the Siegel team from a few years back?? But to add my 2 cents, I'm going to have to go the other way and pick this year's team. We saw that team play and graduate and never win the big prize. This year's team is young and talented and probably more coachable. IMO we haven't seen the best from this team yet. As long as this team plays as a team ( a problem that plagued the team a few years ago), I predict they will surpass that previous team.

I also must agree with Respect. The Siegel group a few years back was a great bunch of guys and fun to watch. But the did not play well as a team. This year, this group of guys play like a team. That is the difference. If they continue to play as a team, I think next year will be the year for the golden ball.

I gotcha and I agree but my thinking is coming from the fact that I hear people say that they cant win that way like you said they need to be able to produce when they get slowed down but at the same time they need to continue to try to impose their will on people. I think we are all making the same point to a certain extent

Siegel by 40

Oakland by 20 - Big man or not

Cookeville by12

Lebanon by 6- on Riverdale's homecoming

Once again Swami u are right on the money! What 4 teams do u see going to region