Sullivan South @ Sullivan East

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really a totally inappropriate post for this board.

A horrible job of parenting.

Sir..this board is about high school football and the boys who play. Therefore, the post is very appropriate for this forum. For you to stand on a pedestal and question their parenting is out of line. Bobby's parents have shown great courage in dealing with this issue. In my opinion, and I'm sure many others on this board will agree....you, Sir owe them an apology.

Sir..this board is about high school football and the boys who play. Therefore, the post is very appropriate for this forum. For you to stand on a pedestal and question their parenting is out of line. Bobby's parents have shown great courage in dealing with this issue. In my opinion, and I'm sure many others on this board will agree....you, Sir owe them an apology.

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

All right guys. Good parenting or bad- we love our kids. We love REBEL football. We love those guys on the team and the parents that gave us hugs when we came to the game without Bobby... and hugs when Bobby was on the field. We're just grateful and blessed to have a healthy kid on the field. All the rest is just crap. I don't take suggestions on my parenting skills- I just pray and hammer it all out like every other working mom & dad out there. What works in one family may not work in another. I just know we all love our kids. I teach 20 third graders all day and go home to 5 great kids. I'm just blessed and you can't kill that buzz no mattter how hard anyone tries.

Go Rebs!

BobbyMama-

Agreed.

MM, W1, and Hey, you are right. As I reviewed the original post I really made a bad decision to judge so harshly parenting skills. I, as a parent, would not have aired that laundry in this forum but that is simply my approach to parenting - right or wrong. I would not have gone for the drama but I don't know the situation and was inappropriately applying my philosophy to someone else's situation.

BTMom, I do apologize.

MM, W1, and Hey, you are right. As I reviewed the original post I really made a bad decision to judge so harshly parenting skills. I, as a parent, would not have aired that laundry in this forum but that is simply my approach to parenting - right or wrong. I would not have gone for the drama but I don't know the situation and was inappropriately applying my philosophy to someone else's situation.

BTMom, I do apologize.

Thanks etfan, for the kind apology. The reason we decided to air 'laundry' is on the chance that it might help another kid. We'll be glad to sacrifice any community reputation we might think we have to help another child. What an amazing blessing it would be that not only Bobby would overcome his past drug problem- but that we could help another kid- maybe a football player- maybe even one of Bobby's friends. I know his friends and football parents read this forum- that's why I chose to post here and anywhere else that it might reach a parent or child that is looking for that little push to help or get help. I'm in the profession of helping kids- not just my own. My husband and I are very civic- we put our money and our time in action. My husband just served as president of the Kingsport Boys & Girls Club this past year and now serves on the board. You will always see us and our children volunteering our time in the community. We are both in the business of helping kids. So, my laundry is open anytime (not because I'm proud of it- our family is predominately made up of complete screw ups)- but, especially if I think it could save a life--- A Rebel life or any other. That's why I did not hide my identity on this forum-

Rebel Love & Pride-

BobbyMama#2

MomTaylor??¦with all due respect you do know that at some point you are going to have to trust him again and cut back on some of the restrictions or you will eventually drive him away. And before you guys jump all over me I'm just sayin??¦.I know the kid knows he messed up, and it sounds like he has done everything you have asked in an attempt to make up for what he has put you through. But you have to think that part of his intentions at this point are to earn the trust of the people that he cares about the most. Getting back on the team is a start although I have to say from the outside looking in??¦HE EARNED IT! But he has to know that his actions are not going unnoticed. Something as simple as calling him in for his test and telling him that you are giving him a pass this time because you TRUST him. Just a suggestion??¦forgive me if you feel that this is an intrusion??¦I??™m just tryin to help the brotha out.

All right- you boys need to get off Coach T and go wash dishes for your mama or something. Since this is one of Bobby's possee going to bat for him, I'll take this as a sweet post. I know you all want Bobby released from his parental prison...but it took him 2 years to work his way into this and it'll take some time to work his way out. (more than just the few weeks that it has been) I'm not afraid of driving Bobby away- he knows we love him and if he can find a better place out there than our home- then make reservations for 2! He knows his actions are not going unnoticed, I promise. About the drug test pass- hey, that's a great idea since every test we give him costs our family $50- and since we give them several times a week-- maybe we will skip one and take the famiy to dinner instead. (It cost us all 7 of us at least that much to go through Pals... and I'm NOT kidding!) Wanna join us? I love that your helpin' your brotha' out... just keep helping him know we love him, that you've got his back, and that drugs really aren't the answer to a dang thing- rarely even a temporary fix. Now, go do your laundry or mow the yard! Call me when you've taught 17 years of elementary school and raised 5 kids--- then we'll compare parenting skill, Dr. Spock! You know I love you boyz--- but I am hardcore--- because that's how I roll. Go clean your room.

All right- you boys need to get off Coach T and go wash dishes for your mama or something. Since this is one of Bobby's possee going to bat for him, I'll take this as a sweet post. I know you all want Bobby released from his parental prison...but it took him 2 years to work his way into this and it'll take some time to work his way out. (more than just the few weeks that it has been) I'm not afraid of driving Bobby away- he knows we love him and if he can find a better place out there than our home- then make reservations for 2! He knows his actions are not going unnoticed, I promise. About the drug test pass- hey, that's a great idea since every test we give him costs our family $50- and since we give them several times a week-- maybe we will skip one and take the famiy to dinner instead. (It cost us all 7 of us at least that much to go through Pals... and I'm NOT kidding!) Wanna join us? I love that your helpin' your brotha' out... just keep helping him know we love him, that you've got his back, and that drugs really aren't the answer to a dang thing- rarely even a temporary fix. Now, go do your laundry or mow the yard! Call me when you've taught 17 years of elementary school and raised 5 kids--- then we'll compare parenting skill, Dr. Spock! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You know I love you boyz--- but I am hardcore--- because that's how I roll. Go clean your room.

Too funny! Deena, Cap is a 40 year old father of a TN High player. But, I'll agree, he probably does need to go clean his room!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I'm so glad to see Bobby back and doing well. Keep up the good work!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Too funny! Deena, Cap is a 40 year old father of a TN High player. But, I'll agree, he probably does need to go clean his room!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I'm so glad to see Bobby back and doing well. Keep up the good work!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry Cap. You sounded so like one of the BOYZ! Most 40 year olds really do need to clean their rooms, I agree. He he he!

Sorry Cap. You sounded so like one of the BOYZ! Most 40 year olds really do need to clean their rooms, I agree. He he he!

Don't know about cleaning his room but we are going to clean your clocks on Halloween, aren't we Cap? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

All right- you boys need to get off Coach T and go wash dishes for your mama or something. Since this is one of Bobby's possee going to bat for him, I'll take this as a sweet post. I know you all want Bobby released from his parental prison...but it took him 2 years to work his way into this and it'll take some time to work his way out. (more than just the few weeks that it has been) I'm not afraid of driving Bobby away- he knows we love him and if he can find a better place out there than our home- then make reservations for 2! He knows his actions are not going unnoticed, I promise. About the drug test pass- hey, that's a great idea since every test we give him costs our family $50- and since we give them several times a week-- maybe we will skip one and take the famiy to dinner instead. (It cost us all 7 of us at least that much to go through Pals... and I'm NOT kidding!) Wanna join us? I love that your helpin' your brotha' out... just keep helping him know we love him, that you've got his back, and that drugs really aren't the answer to a dang thing- rarely even a temporary fix. Now, go do your laundry or mow the yard! Call me when you've taught 17 years of elementary school and raised 5 kids--- then we'll compare parenting skill, Dr. Spock! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You know I love you boyz--- but I am hardcore--- because that's how I roll. Go clean your room.

Deena...aaahhh yeeuuhh! You go girl. I have to admit I sort of sympathized with what Cap said when he said it...but you got to walk a mile in your shoes first. You just proved you are no slouch at your game. Power to ya! As for Cap...he is just this side of old school and has been there done that and like you he calls 'em like he sees 'em. He is actually one of the more thought provoking people on here...but of course the Ghetto rules. Ha! My emoticons are not funtional... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />! He is actually good people...and not who you thought.

Yes Mam!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Seriously I admire your courage to put all of this out on a public board. I believe that if there wasn??™t someone on hear that needed to hear??¦you wouldn??™t have been lead to share. Two thumbs from me! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />