Region One

Cowboy Curtis

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Usary and Bishop have the best shot at state titles this year. I also believe that one of the Mann boys might have a good shot at a title also. I have heard that he has been training very hard and some of our wrestlers who saw him at a camp this summer were very impressed. There may be a few others who can place at the state tournament this year. The regional matches should be pretty exciting this year and alot of our wrestlers who made the state tournament will have another year of wrestling under their belts.

I would add Matt King to the list of possible state champs. I know he spent a month at J Robinson's camp in MN. this summer. Meyers from G'ville and Goldstein from SH have a good shot at medals this year too. The region should improve on it's medal count from last year. Who else has a shot? I know I'm leaving out a few that have a chance. Also, I'm pretty sure Usary only has one U in the spelling.

• 2 weeks later...

All right here are some very preliminary predictions. I realize some wrestlers will move up or possibly down but here goes.

103- Goldstein-SH

112- Mann-DB, Tapia-SH

119- King-G, Pearce-SH

125- Wilson-SE, Mann-DB, Snyder-SH

130- Davidson-SH, Bishop-SE

135- Neese-DC, Malone-WG, Norton-G

140- Usary-SH, Locklear-G, Stull-SH

145- Myers-G, Anderson-CC, Burns-MW

152- Bishop-SE

160- ?

171- King-TH

189- Kilgore-MW

215- Carter-DB

HWT- Fleming-DB, Simms-G

Add any wrestlers that I may have ommited that has an opportunity to place in the Region or if you know of a wrestler in the wrong weight class.

I would add Herold from MW (2nd @ 135 LY) as a contender somewhere in the 135-145 weight classes. I would also guess Stull from SH will be at 145. The only other thing I would second guess you on would be picking Snyder third at 125 after winning region at that weight class last year. With that said, I think you have some solid picks.

Again I say, It should be a great year for R1 wrestling. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />