Region One

Cowboy Curtis

I would add Herold from MW (2nd @ 135 LY) as a contender somewhere in the 135-145 weight classes. I would also guess Stull from SH will be at 145. The only other thing I would second guess you on would be picking Snyder third at 125 after winning region at that weight class last year. With that said, I think you have some solid picks.

Again I say, It should be a great year for R1 wrestling. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are correct about Herold, I had indeed forgot him. Herold will compete for a Regional Title. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Anybody want to throw out some predictions for Team Duals?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct about Herold, I had indeed forgot him. Herold will compete for a Regional Title. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Anybody want to throw out some predictions for Team Duals?

I would think Kingsport (the most solid team weight by weight) should be favored, as I did last year as well. But you can't count out the Toppers and Devils. Both of whom have made many trips to the state duals

I would think Kingsport (the most solid team weight by weight) should be favored, as I did last year as well. But you can't count out the Toppers and Devils. Both of whom have made many trips to the state duals

I have got to agree as DB seems to have a solid lineup from top to bottom. However, from what I seen last year and knowing the sheer numbers they have, SH could be the team to beat by season's end as some of their youngsters develop. The Greene Devils may have too many holes to fill this year to be competitive with DB & SH. Is there any other teams capable of of getting into the mix this year, maybe DC?

Greene Devils A/AA next year? I believe their enrollment is around 850. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Absolutely! we should have been small school for ever but other than Football all sports were tied into Basketball which chose large school. Probably cost the devils several titles in Wrestling and Girls Soccer. This time the school system looked at the big picture /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cowboy Curtis - Nah, no gag order. We just haven't had a lot of time to get on and post. This is the first time that I have been on in a while. I was looking to see the reaction to us going A/AA.

I think the GHS wrestlers are too worried about that rookie head coach and don't feel comfortable making predictions. Just wait until they see the ropes and turnbickles that I've ordered. I was toying with some of those masks, but their ears wouldn't fit inside the mask.

Has Brett started looking at colleges yet?

Cowboy Curtis - Nah, no gag order. We just haven't had a lot of time to get on and post. This is the first time that I have been on in a while. I was looking to see the reaction to us going A/AA.

I think the GHS wrestlers are too worried about that rookie head coach and don't feel comfortable making predictions. Just wait until they see the ropes and turnbickles that I've ordered. I was toying with some of those masks, but their ears wouldn't fit inside the mask.

Has Brett started looking at colleges yet?

He's looking into his options but still undecided.

I would try cutting out some earholes for the masks. If you can"t work out the kinks with the masks you should at least make Porkchop dress up like Gorgeous George for all tournament finals he's in.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He's looking into his options but still undecided.

I would try cutting out some earholes for the masks. If you can"t work out the kinks with the masks you should at least make Porkchop dress up like Gorgeous George for all tournament finals he's in.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Gorgeous George? Is this noonesfool's alter ego? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I heard there were some characters on the oldschool Topper Wrestling Team. I have heard there might even be some pictures floating around. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gorgeous George? Is this noonesfool's alter ego? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I heard there were some characters on the oldschool Topper Wrestling Team. I have heard there might even be some pictures floating around. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Characters with skill /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Professional wrestler Dick the Bruiser was my Hero. I have his scar tissue between the eyes, cauliflowered ears, but never poured beer over my head after winning a match. Our coach might have /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If you are talking about our 98lber (Dirty Red) who set a house on fire and killed a man with a Knife, I will publically call you a bigot. He was a victim of society /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> (4th state as a tenth grader) 1 more year on the team and he may have made the Federal Pen.

Actually as the years went on, the stories grew. Some true, some expanded, and some out right lies particularly if they involve me.

the 1971-72 line up without names to protect the innocent and the guilty.

98- Soph. prison (maybe out) 4th state

105-Sr. nuclear industry

112-Sr. Pharmacist

119-Soph. Chemical Technician Eastman

126-Sr.PHD computers 4th state Captain

132-Jr.Doctor

138-Jr.Contractor/Entrepenuer

145-Sr.Dentist

155-Sr.Manager Toys R Us

167-Sr.Air Force Academy, Retired Major

185-Sr.Retired Teacher/Coach/Administrator 4th state Captain

UNL-Jr.Restaraunt Owner (broke Hand)

UNL-Jr.Minister (back up 167) 2nd state 167 in 1973

This was the third year we had a program. We were undefeated and the district Champions for second year in a row.

We were 3rd in our first year. W 9 - L 4 (69-70), W 12 - L 2 (70-71), & W 14 - L 0 (71-72) combined Record was 35-6. All schools wrestled in 1 division.

Teams in our District and on our schedule included Knox Halls, Knox Carter, Tenn. High, Johnson County, Maryville, University High, Seymour, Morristown West, Morristown East, McMinn County and Central.

Also on our schedule were Ashville High NC, Avery NC, Tuscola NC, John Battle Va. and Abingdon Va (all long time and strong programs).

I was the only wrestler on this squad that had prior experience elsewhere (Illinois). All wrestlers began as sophomores as we had 2 downtown Jr. Highs North and South (7th - 9th).

Coach Ken Hart, New Jersey and a Milligan College wrestler was a drill master and was the coach the first 2 years. He was a Cutthroat character, win at all cost guy. Our third year Coach was Tony Farace who taught us a love for the sport and a natural motion that you don't see today. A true catch as catch can Wrestler as there ever was. He was a Delaware State Champion and 3rd in the Nation at 158 while at Milligan.

We always had Milligan wrestlers in the room and it was evident in our growth as wrestlers.

I believe that Usary and Bishop have the best shot at state titles this year.

BEST?....Highly dissagree! I would be willing to put money down that no one has worked harder or sacrificed more this summer than Matt King! Not only did him and Chas Norton sacrifice four weeks of their summer for the grueling J Robinson camp, but along with the normal preseason practices, he has been sacrifing his monday nights every week to make the trip up to King to get in workouts with us (which isn't to friendly on the wallet either when you factor in that he pays for his gas)

I know very well that it does not always come down to who has worked harder and sacrificed more, so this alone does not prove that he has the best chance at a title. But not only does he come up and workout with the King guys, he HOLDS HIS OWN! Going to highschool with him, I never questioned his work ethic, but always thought he was much to small to compete in college. The last couple weeks, however, have chaged my mind. He has been in the room mixing it up with some high level 25 and 33 pounders and looking better than ever. I believe that at the 119lb weight class, very few will come close to him this year. He is a very good example of one taking advantage of his senior year and learning everything he can along the way!

Usary needs to stay at the weight he was at last year to have a good chance. He looked like a small 35 last year. He had a GREAT state tournament but throughout the year in previous matches, looked very beatable (Locklear match @ Greeneville). As for Bishop, it will take a lot of individual effort to come close to a state title. I might be wrong, but as far as I know, he just doesn't have the practice room for it. As a returning state placer, coaches will be scouting Kole. He'll definitely need to open up his style if he plans on getting a tittle, because he is an extremely one-dimensional wrestler and very beatable with a little scouting and a good wrestler.

I wish the bets to all the wrestlers /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> , but I think Matt King is going to be Region 1 wrestler of the year. He's going to make some noise. Keep an eye out for one of his workout partners Chas Norton as well. He could very well be a state placer this year and then would officially be my biggest example of "scrub to stud" through hard work! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />