Region One

Cowboy Curtis

How about I take this one step further and say if you placed at the region tourney (say 4th at 103) back in the old days (1988) this was an acheivement! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As an example, if you took the State Placers at 112lb weight class from this past year, four of those guys would have been in the old Region One. How would some of the other weight classes turn out?

Your top four region placers were very good. Winning a district then was about as tough as winning a region today in NEast Tn.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a good thread going Fellas /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How about this one. Daniel Crosby last lost in High School was in the semi finals of his sophomore year. He won his next 110 matches in a row without a loss. Netting a third in the state and two (2) state titles at 275lb.

An assistant coach from SH told me about a conversation he had with Crosby shortly after winning a state championship, (not sure if it was his first or second). After a couple of minutes of congratulations and small talk, Daniel said " I've gotta get out of here, I have to get home and get to work in the tobacco fields". That seemed to sum up the work ethic that was instilled in him.

An assistant coach from SH told me about a conversation he had with Crosby shortly after winning a state championship, (not sure if it was his first or second). After a couple of minutes of congratulations and small talk, Daniel said " I've gotta get out of here, I have to get home and get to work in the tobacco fields". That seemed to sum up the work ethic that was instilled in him.

It would have had to of been his first one, because he could barely walk out of the Gym on the second one. Greatest HWT match in the history of the state. 2 Titans who were great athletes, great shape and great wrestlers.

Ha! I know you're not Cowboy Curtis

Those sure are some big numbers! Which means brett must have quite a bit as well if he's that close! Anything close to 200 is outstanding!

I'd say he'll probably have close to 50 matches this year, so it's quite possible if he stays injury free. That's a lot of wrestling!.....and a lot of winning! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It'd be nice to see him at least pass up the older brother!

Here's a list of the top six in career wins at SH since Jeff Price became head coach.

1 Ty Cody 212

2 Bo Usary 205

3 Jon Edmonds 197

4 Brett Usary 167 (by my count)

5 Alan Aiken 163

6 Josh Bosken 160

That's a lot of matches and a lot of great coaching. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here's a list of the top six in career wins at SH since Jeff Price became head coach.

1 Ty Cody 212

2 Bo Usary 205

3 Jon Edmonds 197

4 Brett Usary 167 (by my count)

5 Alan Aiken 163

6 Josh Bosken 160

That's a lot of matches and a lot of great coaching. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Due to number of matches those top six are the top for wins at the Hill, probably.

Due to number of matches those top six are the top for wins at the Hill, probably.

Along with great coaching these high numbers are definitely a result of more matches and eighth graders being eligible the past few years at SH. I'm not saying that this is a list of the greatest wrestlers of all time at SH but It is a strong list of wrestlers with a total of eight state medals including four gold. I don't know the win percentages but do know those numbers include 62-1, 57-1, 56-1, and 51-3 seasons.

I would also like to know some of the numbers wrestlers have put up at other schools.

All right here are some very preliminary predictions. I realize some wrestlers will move up or possibly down but here goes.

103- Goldstein-SH Add 103 - Tyler Yokley from Sullivan South

112- Mann-DB, Tapia-SH

119- King-G, Pearce-SH

125- Wilson-SE, Mann-DB, Snyder-SH Add Lucas McReynolds in here at 125 lbs or 130 lbs from Sullivan South

130- Davidson-SH, Bishop-SE

135- Neese-DC, Malone-WG, Norton-G

140- Usary-SH, Locklear-G, Stull-SH

145- Myers-G, Anderson-CC, Burns-MW

152- Bishop-SE

160- ?

171- King-TH

189- Kilgore-MW

215- Carter-DB

HWT- Fleming-DB, Simms-G

Add any wrestlers that I may have ommited that has an opportunity to place in the Region or if you know of a wrestler in the wrong weight class.

I ended up with 179 after 4 years. I'm sure King will surpass that this year.

I know Joel and Charlie both broke the 150 mark but both sat out the first half of their senior season rehabing football injuries. I already miss this. I am so glad that Greeneville will be wrestling at Small School in the future. This is long over due. It has been a long time since Memphis, right NOF?