Riverdale at Franklin

Baylor at GPS

ECS at Houston

10/9 Farragut at Oak Ridge

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mj, don't know how you can even attempt to rank Maryville above West High. West's overall record is better, and that includes a recent win over Maryville 4-1. Additionally, Ravenwood @ #4 with a 6-2-6 record?!? 4 of the wins are against teams with a losing record. West has played very well against top 10 teams. I usually don't care much for rankings one way or the other, especially when I haven't seen the middle and west teams, but this one is obviously wrong.

mj, don't know how you can even attempt to rank Maryville above West High. West's overall record is better, and that includes a recent win over Maryville 4-1. Additionally, Ravenwood @ #4 with a 6-2-6 record?!? 4 of the wins are against teams with a losing record. West has played very well against top 10 teams. I usually don't care much for rankings one way or the other, especially when I haven't seen the middle and west teams, but this one is obviously wrong.

While I do not doubt your general statement that West should be ranked above Maryville. I've got West 0-2-1 against ranked teams, with 2 big games coming up against Catholic and CAK.

I think West will be a sleeper for the upcoming district tournament. Where anything can happen.

OH Master:

Can't believe you let the Master Coach G make you think Collierville is not worthy. He is truly a genius. What do you really think the score could have been against St. Mary's if he turned them loose? They beat Bearden and gave a game to BGA. Not there, but feel pretty confident about that statement.

Father Ryan, don't know what you know, but Father Ryan, OK ...... prove me wrong. St. Benedict beat Houston tonight.

This is a crazy year. Let the REAL games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

MVM, you are correct, but that is why those teams are ranked. But over non-ranked teams West is 9-0 with 6 of those games shut-outs. I am not campaigning for a better ranking, and mj corrected the obvious. I have no idea where to put West really. But defensively, they're pretty good. As far as Ravenwood is concerned, haven't seen them, but just looking at records they are 5-0-4 against unranked teams, with four of those W's against teams with losing records. And yes that is a nice quality win over a ranked Brentwood team, but they are 1-2-2 otherwise with ranked teams. Should Ravenwood be ranked, I don't know, but I just think with those stats, #4 is too high.

OH Master:

Can't believe you let the Master Coach G make you think Collierville is not worthy. He is truly a genius. What do you really think the score could have been against St. Mary's if he turned them loose? They beat Bearden and gave a game to BGA. Not there, but feel pretty confident about that statement.

Father Ryan, don't know what you know, but Father Ryan, OK ...... prove me wrong. St. Benedict beat Houston tonight.

This is a crazy year. Let the REAL games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me about the SBA versus Houston game! What was the score?

Ever since Briarcrest was able to score against Houston pretty easily in the pre-season scrimmage, I have been thinking that Houston may be a little over-rated. SBA has some talent...physical....but still talented.

i changed it

ravenwood did beat brentwood

=

mjuhb, this is a very tough time to rank especially the top ten in aaa. Seems like everyone has won, lost or tied to like teams.

I think #1 is the hardest. But because Brentwood's only loss is to Ravenwood (the other to a out of state MD team) I think they still have the edge for #1. Soddy Daisy has only played two ranked teams, ND and Riverdale and won the ND game but if you look at the win loss tie record of their overall opponents its 77-70-14. Not up to what the other top ranked teams are so #3 would be too high. For whats its worth this is how I'd arrange the top ten.

1. Brentwood

2. Bearden

3. Siegel

4. Ravenwood

5. Franklin

6. Oakridge

7. Riverdale

8. Collierville

9. Soddy Daisy

10. Farragut

=

mjuhb, this is a very tough time to rank especially the top ten in aaa. Seems like everyone has won, lost or tied to like teams.

I think #1 is the hardest. But because Brentwood's only loss is to Ravenwood (the other to a out of state MD team) I think they still have the edge for #1. Soddy Daisy has only played two ranked teams, ND and Riverdale and won the ND game but if you look at the win loss tie record of their overall opponents its 77-70-14. Not up to what the other top ranked teams are so #3 would be too high. For whats its worth this is how I'd arrange the top ten.

Regardless of where you or I think SD should be ranked, I don't think that GPS or Chattanooga Christian would care that you have slighted them in your comment. Currently CCS is 3rd in the A/AA (ES ranking) and GPS is 8th in D2 (ES rankings). And both teams are perenal state contenders.

Just to clarify, Houston beat St. Benedict tonight 2-1. Strange evening--lights didn't work at St. Benedict, so the game started early and was called with about ten minutes left when a Houston player landed on her neck and was taken away by ambulance. (It would have been dark by the time the game was able to restart anyway.) She'll be fine--just a few muscle strains.

You're right, they're physical.