Rankings For Week of 10/5-10/11

mjuhb

I have to agree with TTU, it was a fairly innocent comment (IMO), saying that a team had won 7 straight. Some might see it a bragging, but a winning streak is something to brag about. Canes is somewhat of a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde (I think he enjoys being the bad boy of the soccer boards....). He's sometimes got good information and insight, but his method or delivery often strikes people in the wrong way. All of us are passionate about soccer, or we wouldn't spend the time we do on the boards.

Good luck to all the teams as we enter the home stretch prior to playoffs!

Speaking of playoffs......does anyone know the basis of handling region ties and creating the regional tournament schedule? The typical handling when tied in wins and losses is "winner in head to head". After that, does TSSAA go to goal differentials? I couldn't find anything on TSSAA.org to tell me this info!

thanks!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big G, I usually agree with most that you say but I did not see anything at all out of line about the person that said their team had won 7 in a row. That is a great achievement and while it might be considered bragging by some....does bragging warrant stopping a thread? I guess we have so many types on personalities on this board....without alittle color or bragging....these boards could be boring I suppose.There has certainly been alot worse on these boards. I thought it was totally innocent and just a fact stated. I guess everyone sees things differently though.

This is a Eurosport Ranking question: Can anyone tell me why when I look at AAA rankings that Franklin is ranked #4 and Collierville #5 but then when I look at Redmond Ranking, Collierville is ranked #6 and Franklin drops below Collierville to #8???

the eurosport rankings are done by special ed

don't put anything into them they are done out of ignorance at least the one by MJUHB are justifyable

You know BigG I respect how you monitor this site but you are way off base I was only letting people know that

Franklin is playing well. I did not say anything about it was domination or how great we are. If you look at my post I only report the scores period, But Saturday I decided to let people know that our winning streak was 7 games. I

BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT THE SITE IS ALL ABOUT INFORMATION. It's like the poster after you said I was glad to know that they had won 7 seven straight if we play them we should know this.

You mean to tell me that I'm the only person to mention about how their team is playing??? We have an entire thread to a great player in livingston which she derserves and I mention something a winning streak and it's bragging.

I'm done.

My post was this Franklin 3 PJPII 1 SEVEN STRAIGHT FOR fRANKLIN

I didn't say that it was bragging, just that it came across as somewhat boastful. That is one of the problems with posting. One cannot read facial expressions or inflections when it is typed. As a moderator, I have to see it from every side (even sides that I might not agree with). I am sure that PJP probably wasn't all that happy with the reminder (I know that if it were my team that had been beaten 7 times in a row, I wouldn't really care for the comment). I try to think of them, as well.

Canes laid the bait, and people gobbled it up. It frustrates me that he did it, but I also won't allow people to bash him, either. The only reason I had adressed it was that it was going down hill fast.

It's my job to "jump the gun" sometimes. I don't always get it right (I'll be the first to admit it) but I try to keep the soccer boards from getting ugly (like some of the other boards that I have seen). People will get upset with the way that I choose to see things, but for those who know me, you also know that I try to be as fair as I can.

If you were offended with my comments, TTU79, my apologies. It wasn't my intent to upset you. Just to possibly make you see it from another view. I have no problems with people being proud of their teams or their accomplishments. It's my job, though, to try and moderate how it is done. It's not always fun, but it does give me the excuse to be on here all the time to my wife!

I'm also with someone else that posted.... where is MJUHB?

I am sure that PJP probably wasn't all that happy with the reminder (I know that if it were my team that had been beaten 7 times in a row, I wouldn't really care for the comment).

I don't think it was meant to be "we've beaten JPII 7 times in a row", but rather after going a stretch where they were 1-2-1, they have won their last 7 matches (against 7 different opponents).

I don't think it was meant to be "we've beaten JPII 7 times in a row", but rather after going a stretch where they were 1-2-1, they have won their last 7 matches (against 7 different opponents).

Again, that very well may be what the intent was... But with text, one never knows. I haven't read alot of posts from TTU so I don't know where his/her heart is. Apparently, if the above is accurate, I read it the wrong way.

Again, that very well may be what the intent was... But with text, one never knows. I haven't read alot of posts from TTU so I don't know where his/her heart is. Apparently, if the above is accurate, I read it the wrong way.

Big G as I stated in my text to you I respect what you do to keep things civil. As DonC stated the seven straight was not seven straight against PJPll but it was seven straight wins. I probably will keep my post to scores only in the future. I enjoy very much the posts from the different areas of the state and how people love high school soccer. I'm just very disappointed in how my post was perceived . My mistake was to respond to canes. I think Franklin is very good team and I will contiune to report their success.

I probably will keep my post to scores only in the future.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". I'll change it to apply to you... if people like you are afraid to post, then the negativites win, so post way. Just be prepared for a few to take exception to your posts....