Ranked Teams

MVM

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the halo effect I guess. West's 4 losses come at the hands of only two teams, Bearden, the #1 team in the state and Oak Ridge@ #5. And none of those games were cake walks. Which brings up the 'new' districts, if passed as proposed. How brutal can district 4 get with Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, West, and Hardin Valley which in another year or two will definitely be tough!?!

Welcome to life in tough districts from someone in District 11. Three of our teams that could probably do well against most other teams in our Region 6 and Sectional are out already. Ravenwood, Independence and Centennial. It does make you better.

Welcome to life in tough districts from someone in District 11. Three of our teams that could probably do well against most other teams in our Region 6 and Sectional are out already. Ravenwood, Independence and Centennial. It does make you better.

yeah, to some degree, but what really makes you better are the better players from club teams /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It seems the coaches have decided that these are the best teams in A/AA. While the rankings have changed the teams haven't. And for once I don't totally disagree with the coaches. The top 3 seems to be the cream of the crop, while 4-11 have alot of parody between them.

Just an observation ND...FRA...and CAK are wearing the bullseye and are hands down favorites for the state crown.

Good observation. Coaches vote on the teams that give them the most trouble. Lipscomb played 7 of the 11 teams on this list, they tied two of them, and lost to the rest (other than FRA) by one goal. They were also plagued by injuries during part of this stretch, but still were close to winning every game. Based on what I have seen of the 7 teams DL played, USJ, CPA and FRA are the strongest. Mind you, I just saw where CPA finally beat FRA. This shows you the true parady within this top 11. Again, these coaches are voting on the teams that were their strongest opposition. I think it is pretty representative of how strong all these teams truly are.

Good luck to all the teams that have made it into post season. I think other than one team (I will not disclose that) every team on this list deserves to be there by strength of schedule and margin of victory/loss.

I have never seen Notre Dame, CCS, or CAK play, and from what I have read on this board, they are great teams. Hopefully, we will cross paths with them next year:-) Good luck - again - to all. It has been a great year of soccer in TN. So nice to see so many players getting big soccer scholarships. It sure makes all those weekends of club ball and sweating during the summer worth it.

Updated on Hallows Eve...Brrhahahaha

Record.. Team........Previous Rank

8-3-1... Notre Dame.............. 1

6-3-1... Franklin Road Acad.... 2

4-1-1... CAK......................... 3

2-5-1... Chatt. Christian......... 4

5-2-1... USJ.......................... 5

3-6-2... CPA......................... 7

0-5-2... David Lipscomb......... 8

0-3-0... Knox Catholic............ 6

1-0-0... Station Camp............ 10

2-3-0... Jackson Christian...... 9

0-4-2... Hume Fogg............... 11

AAA

6-3-1... Bearden................... 1

6-3-1... Brentwood................ 2

7-3-1... Franklin.................... 3

3-5-1... Farragut................... 4

6-2-1... Oak Ridge................. 5

4-5-1... Gtown Houston.......... 8

3-4-1... Siegel....................... 9

3-1-1... Soddy Daisy............. 11

4-3-1... Collierville................ 6

2-4-5... Ravenwood............... 7

2-4-0... Riverdale.................. 10

D2

12-0-1.. Baylor...................... 1

8-2-0... ECS......................... 3

6-2-1... Brentwood Acad........ 2

5-6-3... BGA......................... 4

5-5-3... Father Ryan.............. 5

3-3-0... Briercrest................. 6

2-5-2... St. Agnes.................. 7

1-7-1... St Benedict............... 10

5-6-4... Pope John Paul II...... 9

0-10-2.. Ensworth.................. 11

0-8-1... GPS......................... 8

You are right.....it could not be a better day across the state for fall weather. I am looking forward to our game today...and to seeing the results from the east, west and middle games. I expect alot of close scores today. Good luck!

Looks like we have been blessed with great weather for a weekend of futbol! Wishing each team the best result.