Cosby @ Grainger Co.

BIGblueLBs36

I was at this game Friday night, and I usually do not like to get on here and comment when fans from another team describe the game. However, the Cosby faithful, with their idiotic comments, have caused me to voice my opinion. First, you can look at the stats all you want. You lost on the scoreboard and that is all that matters. You can take your moral victories and pretend to be 8-0, but you are 7-1. You are undefeated no more. Secondly, you can whine and say that you had 5 turnovers. I am pretty sure that Grainger caused the turnovers. How about giving them a little credit, for causing bad throws and jarring the ball loose on the fumbles. I am pretty sure that Grainger had a couple of turnovers as well. Plus Grainger has a ton of penalty yardage. Thirdly, you can complain and say that you were in the red-zone however many times and that you should have scored more points. I am pretty sure that Grainger did not score every time that they were in the red-zone, but you do not hear their fans on here saying that they should have scored more points. I guess the Cosby fans did not see this in their rose-colored glasses. Fourthly, Skylar McBee was the best athlete on the field and you are wrong about his attitude and his endurance. The kid runs about a 50 yard sprint on every single play. No matter what kind of shape you are in you are going to get winded doing that. The entire offense is put on his shoulders every play. Very rarely is there a play that he just turns around and hands the ball off. As far as him coming off on defense, don't schedule 3A opponents if you are going to complain that they sub some of their players. You will not find a more humble athlete than Skylar, so you can just stop judging him since you don't know anything about him. Cosby sent two guys to kill him on defense one play and he was just standing his ground when you Cosby fans thought he was being unsportsmanlike. Nice try though. Fifthly, I never saw #5 being triple teamed. I think you are touting your sophmore 1A WR a little too much. Grainger sees better receivers than him every Friday night. Sixthly, the attitude of the Grainger kids was no different than the Cosby kids. It was a hard fought game and tempers flared on the field. That is football. If the incident happened in the locker after the end of the game, then the Grainger kids are wrong. Were they provoked or did they do it on their own? No one on here knows, so you should get all the facts before making accusations. Finally, Cosby, have a little class because you just got beat by a better team. I know that you all think that you were unbeatable, but that was proven wrong. And yes the scoreboard is all that counts. Go to Hampton with your tail between your legs and play hard again.

Maybe we've been on two different threads, but I'm pretty sure everyone from Cosby said you guys had a good ball club, and that Mcbee was the man. I'm also sure I've seen the comments that the score is what matters. But are we not allowed to state that we played you guys tough. I mean if you look at the boxscores how can even you dispute that? The people on here callin you "muffins" are not from Cosby. As far as class and attitude, you're right nobody knows exactly who all said what, but what old24eagle stated is factual about the locker room incident, so what more does he need to have straight, or are you just upset that he would bring it up on here? Either way... It seems as if you saw a few comments you didn't like and decided to disregard any comment that actually showed your team respect so that you would be justified in lumping all Cosby posts into the category of "idiotic comments"! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Oh, and believe me, no one in Cosby is claiming we are 8-0. And you are soppused to be the better team. You are 3a you know. I defended your entire region so how bout cuttin my boys a lil' slack?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is making any excuses. Did Grainger have 11 kids on defense every play? Absolutely. Did that have anything to do with Cosby having 330 yards of offense? Absolutely. I will give credit where Credit is due. Cosby shot their own selves in the foot! Inside the redzone all night, they didnt score because COSBY didnt finish their drives!!! Good luck to Grainger (the Grainger girl who won Homecoming).

Nobody is making any excuses. Did Grainger have 11 kids on defense every play? Absolutely. Did that have anything to do with Cosby having 330 yards of offense? Absolutely. I will give credit where Credit is due. Cosby shot their own selves in the foot! Inside the redzone all night, they didnt score because COSBY didnt finish their drives!!! Good luck to Grainger (the Grainger girl who won Homecoming).

You are going to get in bad trouble, First ,it was Sarah Palin and now the Homecoming Queen. Alot safer and cheapers hobbies out there. Them ole girls are of the devil.

Maybe we've been on two different threads, but I'm pretty sure everyone from Cosby said you guys had a good ball club, and that Mcbee was the man. I'm also sure I've seen the comments that the score is what matters. But are we not allowed to state that we played you guys tough. I mean if you look at the boxscores how can even you dispute that? The people on here callin you "muffins" are not from Cosby. As far as class and attitude, you're right nobody knows exactly who all said what, but what old24eagle stated is factual about the locker room incident, so what more does he need to have straight, or are you just upset that he would bring it up on here? Either way... It seems as if you saw a few comments you didn't like and decided to disregard any comment that actually showed your team respect so that you would be justified in lumping all Cosby posts into the category of "idiotic comments"! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Oh, and believe me, no one in Cosby is claiming we are 8-0. And you are soppused to be the better team. You are 3a you know. I defended your entire region so how bout cuttin my boys a lil' slack?

I agree with you, Grainger should have won the game. They are 3A and Cosby is 1A. I know that does not always happen, for example Cosby has beaten two 3A schools. Cosby is a good team and I did not mean to take anything away from them. I just voiced my opinion of the game, and I am sorry if I offended you. However, Friday night, one of the Cosby coaches came out of the press box and said that "the scoreboard is wrong, we won that game." Anyone sitting in the area of the press box could have heard him. So, I am just saying the scoreboard is what matters, not the box scores. Best of luck, the rest of the season.

I did not know that Cosby was in Newport, TN.

Question for Cosby fans.... why are you guys so good and the other school, Cocke County so horrible? Is it coaching? Does Cosby get the better athletes? When you compare the athletic programs of the last few years, Cosby is a whole lot better in both football and basketball. I was just wondering. Doesn't make any sense that within the same city one school excels and the larger school just plain stinks.

Also, there was a pretty good receiver/kick returner that you guys had 3 or 4 years ago. What happened to him? I had heard that the kid could not cut it at a low level college program. I dunno if I believe that or not, but even some of our top athletes here in Chattanooga cannot hang at a college level. Too immature and not willing to put in the hard work it takes.

Good luck Cosby the rest of the year!

You people from Cosby are full of yourselves, it was awful the way the players from Cawsby acted as weell as their coaches language at times. I was not at the game but many of the Grainger parents that were walking around the sidelines heard first hand the language of your coaches and players. I agree there is some bad words said from any most sidelines in East Tn on any given Friday night but coaches from other teams should no be degrading players from other teams.

Skylar McBee is one of the class acts in the entire state ,and you are correct he is one of the best athletes on the field every friday night no matter who the teams are, that are playing. He may not always win but he is always the coaches number one priority to stop when a team plays Grainger no matter what sport it is.

And for the quote of him not playing defense , well lets just say that Grainger just has enough athletes for him to get a few breaks on defense , is there anything wrong with that?

Old 24Eagle it sounds like to me that you are just one of those punks that like to start stuff!!!!

I bet you never even played a down of football, and if you did you are probably jealous because you stunk and never got to play. haha lol

You people from Cosby are full of yourselves, it was awful the way the players from Cawsby acted as weell as their coaches language at times. I was not at the game but many of the Grainger parents that were walking around the sidelines heard first hand yhe language of your coaches and players. I agree there is some bad words said from any team in East Tn on any given Friday night but coaches from other teams should no be begrading players from other teams.

Skylar McBee is one of the class acts in the entire state ,and you are correct he is one of the best athletes on the field every friday night no matter who the teams are that are playing. He may not always win but he is always the coaches number one priority to stop when a team plays Grainger no matter what sport it is.

And for the quote of him not playing defense , well lets just say that Grainger just has enough athletes for him to get a few breaks on defense , is there anything wrong with that?

WOW !! If I could read half of those words you butchered in that post I would reply , I'm assuming you meant degrading instead of begrading so I'll reply to that with your an idiot if you believe that , our coaches do not do that. As far as the language goes I heard your guy runnin the scoreboard knows a few bad words.

If your coaches had enough faith in the rest of his athletes Mcbee would have continued to sit on first and second down , but once we realized he was out on runnin downs and almost had yall deep he started playin every defensive snap.

I agree with you, Grainger should have won the game. They are 3A and Cosby is 1A. I know that does not always happen, for example Cosby has beaten two 3A schools. Cosby is a good team and I did not mean to take anything away from them. I just voiced my opinion of the game, and I am sorry if I offended you. However, Friday night, one of the Cosby coaches came out of the press box and said that "the scoreboard is wrong, we won that game." Anyone sitting in the area of the press box could have heard him. So, I am just saying the scoreboard is what matters, not the box scores. Best of luck, the rest of the season.

Former Player,

This is typical. I think all 7 wins that Cosby has is against a Grade A MUFFIN. Then when they lose, Old24eagle, eagle3314, and ENH Wasps come up with these excuses of why they lost instead of giving the other team credit for winning. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You should come to the game this week and stand with KL, Pujo, and Dogbreath and pass out MUFFINS.

Former Player,

This is typical. I think all 7 wins that Cosby has is against a Grade A MUFFIN. Then when they lose, Old24eagle, eagle3314, and ENH Wasps come up with these excuses of why they lost instead of giving the other team credit for winning. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You should come to the game this week and stand with KL, Pujo, and Dogbreath and pass out MUFFINS.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I appreciate the invite

You people from Cosby are full of yourselves, it was awful the way the players from Cawsby acted as weell as their coaches language at times. I was not at the game but many of the Grainger parents that were walking around the sidelines heard first hand the language of your coaches and players. I agree there is some bad words said from any most sidelines in East Tn on any given Friday night but coaches from other teams should no be degrading players from other teams.

Skylar McBee is one of the class acts in the entire state ,and you are correct he is one of the best athletes on the field every friday night no matter who the teams are, that are playing. He may not always win but he is always the coaches number one priority to stop when a team plays Grainger no matter what sport it is.

Old 24Eagle it sounds like to me that you are just one of those punks that like to start stuff!!!!

I bet you never even played a down of football, and if you did you are probably jealous because you stunk and never got to play. haha lol

Grizz: In your second sentence you basically discredited anything else you may say on the matter. "I wasn't at the game." That's it, your post is done. Anything you say on here about what happened is second-hand information. It is about as useless as complaining about the President and never voting. I wasn't at the game either, but I had heard that the referees cheated for Grainger and one of the Grizzley parents begged their child (I think McBee) not to play because they were worried he would get hurt...Of course it is possible that NONE of this is true seeing as how I wasn't at the game to verify any of it.

From what I can tell after talking to one of Cosby's coaches is that it was a pretty good game, Cosby made a lot of mistakes, and McBee hurt 'em. Now if that's not a bad attitude from Cosby's coaches I don't know what is.