Roster, Schedule, Outlook

Roster

http://gotigersgo.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl...bl-mtt-num.html

Schedule

http://gotigersgo.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl...otbl-sched.html

I have heard that Willie Henderson is eligible and even practiced Friday morning. I think Trezevant star wide receiver Mario Pratcher has been ruled ineligible and will attend NorthWest JC.

You have to think Memphis will beat Murray State, Tulane, and either UAB or Mississippi State, Houston, South Florida and Army are wins, so thats 6...TCU, Southern Miss (a team we beat last year)...Louisville at Home, Cincinnati (a team we should have beat last year), and a Ole Miss team that we will play tough (last game was 3-0 in Memphis)

The schedule is easier and lacks a UT which is a guaranteed loss, but I really think 7 wins is pretty managible. I think Ole Miss, State, Louisville are the only losses that are pretty much guaranteed...they don't play East Carolina this year which really helps.

Posted by TheEgoHasLanded:

You have to think Memphis will beat Murray State, Tulane, and either UAB or Mississippi State, Houston, South Florida and Army are wins, so thats 6...TCU, Southern Miss (a team we beat last year)...Louisville at Home, Cincinnati (a team we should have beat last year), and a Ole Miss team that we will play tough (last game was 3-0 in Memphis)

The schedule is easier and lacks a UT which is a guaranteed loss, but I really think 7 wins is pretty managible. I think Ole Miss, State, Louisville are the only losses that are pretty much guaranteed...they don't play East Carolina this year which really helps.

They SHOULD win 7 games this year, but we've been through this kind of disappointment before...the worst was finishing 5-6 the year they beat UT.

That team played a hard schedule Opperman, that year they beat UT they also lost to Mississippi State, and Miami...I believe they also lost to Southwestern LA that year as well as Louisville away, throw in USM and East Carolina and I guess thats your 5 losses? I could be wrong about USM and ECU, not real sure they played them, but you are definitely right, Memphis always finds a way to blow it.

That team played a hard schedule Opperman, that year they beat UT they also lost to Mississippi State, and Miami...I believe they also lost to Southwestern LA that year as well as Louisville away, throw in USM and East Carolina and I guess thats your 5 losses? I could be wrong about USM and ECU, not real sure they played them, but you are definitely right, Memphis always finds a way to blow it.

IIRC they had to win one of their last three games to be bowl-eligible, they got blown out in front of the biggest non-SEC crowd the Tigers have had in YEARS the very next week against East Carolina.

I remember when Memphis lost to ECU in I wanna say 1994. Stobart's last year? They were 6-4 and whoever won that game went on to the liberty bowl. ECU was led by Marcus Crandell...I believe later ECU got blown out by either Illinois or Stanford?

I guess thats the game you were talking about? Cus it wasn't after the UT game, I went to the UT game, then the ECU game which was just meaningless.

The 1996 final results were

#11 Miami 30 Memphis 7

Mississippi State 31 Memphis 10

Memphis 19 Missouri 16

Memphis 17 Tulane 10

Memphis 18 Cincinnati 16

Houston 37 Memphis 20

Southern Miss 16 Memphis 0

USL 13 Memphis 9

Louisville 13 Memphis 10

Memphis 21 #6 Tennessee 17

ECU 20 Memphis 10 (the attendance at that game was 25,059

Memphis finished 4-7...thats not the year you were talking about was it Opperman?

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 8-10-02 11:11P]

I remember when Memphis lost to ECU in I wanna say 1994. Stobart's last year? They were 6-4 and whoever won that game went on to the liberty bowl. ECU was led by Marcus Crandell...I believe later ECU got blown out by either Illinois or Stanford?

I guess thats the game you were talking about? Cus it wasn't after the UT game, I went to the UT game, then the ECU game which was just meaningless.

The 1996 final results were

#11 Miami 30 Memphis 7

Mississippi State 31 Memphis 10

Memphis 19 Missouri 16

Memphis 17 Tulane 10

Memphis 18 Cincinnati 16

Houston 37 Memphis 20

Southern Miss 16 Memphis 0

USL 13 Memphis 9

Louisville 13 Memphis 10

Memphis 21 #6 Tennessee 17

ECU 20 Memphis 10 (the attendance at that game was 25,059

Memphis finished 4-7...thats not the year you were talking about was it Opperman?

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 8-10-02 11:11P]

Hmm...I must be thinking of a different year, then, but I know there's been a couple of years, like this past year where they just had to finish winning two of four or something like that against a relatively soft part of the schedule and they just choked...maybe I'm thinking about one of the years they beat Ole Miss.

They beat Ole Miss behind Joe Borich in like 94 at Ole Miss...a touchdown in the right corner of the end zone to #17 Ryan Roskelley with just a few seconds left...that was the year that they played ECU for the title and lost...the two years before that they were 6-5...I remember in like 91 with Xavier Crawford they upset #6 USC in the season opener and then they lost the next game in front of a sold out house to Ole Miss.