District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Sycamore beat Harpeth tonight by a score of 66-62. Dempsey played really well for Sycamore and Caruthers played equally well for Harpeth. Sycamore pretty much ran an isolation offense for Dempsey and no one on Harpeth had an anwer for him, but then no one on Sycamore could stop Caruthers. Sycamore has to start getting back on defense bc Harpeth got tons of easy buckets in transisition. For the Sycamore pep club, I thought it was pretty low down when they asked Trey "who's your daddy?" Anyways my War Eagles got the win and they need to win out in the district for the rest of the season and get ready for the district tourney /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. If that's who the chant was aimed at, that is really low down. Bad form!

Travis Dempsey and Trey Caruthers each had 27 points tonight. It was a back and forth game with exciting shots and bone headed mistakes. Finally in the last 2 minutes, Harpeth missed 2 layups that would have at least tied it while Sycamore went something like 2 of 5 from the free throw line to keep the Indians in it. I made the comment that any Harpeth or Sycamore team the last 3 years would have beaten either one of these teams by 30.

Creekwood is getting this thing by default. There's not a really good team in the district in my opinion. There are good games within the district, but that's about it.

Travis Dempsey and Trey Caruthers each had 27 points tonight. It was a back and forth game with exciting shots and bone headed mistakes. Finally in the last 2 minutes, Harpeth missed 2 layups that would have at least tied it while Sycamore went something like 2 of 5 from the free throw line to keep the Indians in it. I made the comment that any Harpeth or Sycamore team the last 3 years would have beaten either one of these teams by 30.

Creekwood is getting this thing by default. There's not a really good team in the district in my opinion. There are good games within the district, but that's about it.

I really dont think a three game lead is getting this by default. They have been far and away the most consistant

team in district all year. One slip up after Christmas when they hadn't played in two weeks. I've seen them play

5 or 6 games and they have all the ingredients to go on a good tourn. run. Doesn't look good for rest of the district

next season..Creekwood has only one senior.

Well if that chant was directed towards Trey then that was definitely tacky. I can't believe someone would chant that, especially if they knew the situation.

From what I hear about Bolivar they are going to make short work of our district. I think the rest of there district is down though, so that could leave room for CW, but I doubt it.

Should be an exciting district tournament. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agree with Ksgovols, the district is as weak as I have ever seen it. Teams in past years would steamroll these teams this year. But it has made for some good games as all teams are capable of beating each other. I also agree Bolivar will easily go through the region tournament. I've heard that the other teams in that district are down though so maybe a team from 11AA can sneak in that 2nd spot.

i said in my earlier post that the difference in the harpeth-sycamore game could be the play of dempsey and horkins. looks like i was right from what i am reading. this sets up a big game tuesday when harpeth hosts fairview. harpeth is in danger of losing 3 straight home district games to finish the year with the loss to sycamore and games with fairview and creek wood left. that is definitely not how you want to go into the tournament. the other factor here would be if they do lose the three district games in a row, then they face a though waverly team at home in the 1st round and could end the season with 4 straight home district losses.

Standing as of 2-7

1. Creekwood 11-1 locked up 1

2. Sycamore 9-3 needs one more win to lock up the second seed or one more loss by harpeth and fairview

3. Harpeth 8-4 can lock up 3 seed with win tuesday vs. fairview or win friday vs. creek wood and a fairview loss to waverly on friday, falls to 4 if they lose both remaining games

4. Fairview 8-4 locks up 3 seed with win tuesday at harpeth and friday vs. waverly or a win tuesday at harpeth and a harpeth loss friday vs. CW, can finsh no lower then 4, can finish second if they win out and sycamore loses out.

5. Waverly 5-7 locked into the 5 seed no matter what happens next week

6. Mont. Central 4-9 finishes 6 with a sc loss or win in their last district game.

7. Stewart Co. 3-9 finishes in the 6 seed with win over cheatham on saturday

8. Cheatham Co. 0-11 locked in at 8.

man you guys have issue because is nothing wrong with a bunch of kids having fun in the student section, creek wood had a heck of a student section last when creek wood took us out last night congrats to creek wood and can't wait for the district tourney to start. BLUE WHITE TIGER PRIDE.

man you guys have issue because is nothing wrong with a bunch of kids having fun in the student section, creek wood had a heck of a student section last when creek wood took us out last night congrats to creek wood and can't wait for the district tourney to start. BLUE WHITE TIGER PRIDE.

The young man has a parent with a serious medical issue. Having good interaction between student sections is great but sometimes things happen that are out of bounds this would be one of those times.

I think the word is class. When you bring in family that is kind of low. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

OH and the other word is grammar.

Well if that chant was directed towards Trey then that was definitely tacky. I can't believe someone would chant that, especially if they knew the situation.

From what I hear about Bolivar they are going to make short work of our district. I think the rest of there district is down though, so that could leave room for CW, but I doubt it.

Should be an exciting district tournament. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Everyone doubted Creekwood last year to.. went to sub-state while the rest of district was home.

Taking nothing from last years c-wood team, this team is superior to that team. Ask any coach in

district and I believe they Would agree. So while the rest of the dis. is down I really don't think

C-wood is..They are young but very talented with size. Had some close games a week or two

back but found ways to win. That's what good teams do. Hard to stay up for every game.

Everyone doubted Creekwood last year to.. went to sub-state while the rest of district was home.

Taking nothing from last years c-wood team, this team is superior to that team. Ask any coach in

district and I believe they Would agree. So while the rest of the dis. is down I really don't think

C-wood is..They are young but very talented with size. Had some close games a week or two

back but found ways to win. That's what good teams do. Hard to stay up for every game.

I totally agree. As I said in my earlier posts...I think Creekwood is the only team that can make a run out of this district. And if they can stay away from Bolivar they have a great chance of getting back to the sub-state.

They are a scary team this year...but next year I don't think anybody will be able to beat them honestly. Especially with Sycamore and Fairview leaving the district.

I totally agree. As I said in my earlier posts...I think Creekwood is the only team that can make a run out of this district. And if they can stay away from Bolivar they have a great chance of getting back to the sub-state.

They are a scary team this year...but next year I don't think anybody will be able to beat them honestly. Especially with Sycamore and Fairview leaving the district.

Creek Wood really impressed me last night at Waverly. They are leaps above the rest of the district. Can they beat the two seed from 12AA? Hope so.