District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart County won by 6-7. The game was not as close as the score indicated. SC dominated most parts of the game but then Smart would hit a couple of threes in a row. SC got up by as many as 16. Smart had 24 for Cheatham. Dylan Smith had 19 to lead SC. SC has to travel to Creekwood Tuesday then finishes off the regular season home against Houston Co. on Senior Night this next Friday.

What game were you watching????? The game was exactly as close as the score indicated. Cheatham Co. missed quite a few close shots at the rim that would have changed the result of the game had they fallen. Don't make it out to be like Stewart Co. blew the Cubs away because that did not occur. I really don't know how the Rebels beat Harpeth or Montgomery Central. The Harpeth game was obviously a fluke and the Montgomery Central game was one in which the Indians jumped out to a big lead and lost their composure in the second half. Stewart Co. is terrible! Fairview or Harpeth will beat them as badly as they want to in the first round of the district tourney.

I believe the District 11-AA Tournament will line up as follows:

1.) Creek Wood

8.) Cheatham Co.

4.) Harpeth

5.) Waverly Central

3.) Fairview

6.) Stewart Co.

2.) Sycamore

7.) Montgomery Central

History of Montgomery Central vs Sycamore In Tournament Play

2008-2009: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

2007-2008: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central in 11-AA First Round Matchup

2006-2007: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central in 11-AA First Round Matchup

2005-2006: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central in 11-AA First Round Matchup

2004-2005: DID NOT PLAY

2003-2004: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central in 10-AA First Round Matchup

2002-2003: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central in 5-AA Regional Semifinal Matchup

2001-2002: Montgomery Central beat Sycamore in 10-AA Consolation Game Matchup

2000-2001: Montgomery Central beat Sycamore in 10-AA Consolation Game Matchup

One would be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of teams that have squared off against one another 8 of the last 9 years in tournament play.

One would be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of teams that have squared off against one another 8 of the last 9 years in tournament play.

Very interesting.

Season is about over. . . good time to bring back up the subject who is all district from each team?

Fairview: Johnson and Bledsoe

Harpeth: Caruthers

Sycamore: Dempsey

Creek Wood: Hyndman and Dotson

Waverly: Leonard

SC: Dylan Smith

MC: Daniel

Cheatham: Smart

These are my picks. Lets hear your opinions.

How many times has Harpeth and Sycamore played in the tournament?

If anyone knows the answer to this feel free to answer: Where did this young

bunch of guys from Creekwood come from? Usually you hear about a

group thats coming and is going to be good..I dont remember anything

about this group.Are some of the guys from Dickson..From what I saw Friday

night at Waverly this is a real good group of players.This was the second time

I saw them play Waverly and I have also seen them play 3 or 4 other

games and as an ex official this team could do some major damage

come tournament time. If they are on they will be hard to handle.

Their size is what seperates them from the rest in district.

I don't normally reply on coacht but I wanted to make sure the info is correct. Palmore-our only senior-is from Dickson. The rest are from Charlotte(Darden, Dotson, Walton, Deason, Correll,Clements, Stecker, Burgess) and White Bluff(Crow, Hyndman, Petty, Westcott ). They have had great coaching since they were in elementary and have been good together since they came to me.Thanks for the kinds words.

I don't normally reply on coacht but I wanted to make sure the info is correct. Palmore-our only senior-is from Dickson. The rest are from Charlotte(Darden, Dotson, Walton, Deason, Correll,Clements, Stecker, Burgess) and White Bluff(Crow, Hyndman, Petty, Westcott ). They have had great coaching since they were in elementary and have been good together since they came to me.Thanks for the kinds words.

Thanks ctaylor. Good luck with this bunch. Look forward to watching the tournament. Its one

thing to have talent and another to get them playing well together. Keep it up..

I guess my view is that he's already served most or all of his suspension. He was pulled immediately and sat for well more than a period and I believe it happened during Harpeth's first possession of the game. We'll see.

Try telling that to Perry and let me know what he says. Perry sat out the rest of the 4th quarter at Stewart County when he got his technical, and then sat out the first half the next game at Fairview. The amount of bench time that Kendrick sat thus far for his infraction isn't anywhere close to how long Perry had to sit. And it's also a matter of not starting a player who committed a technical. Jones still got to play much of the Sycamore game. Parents watch this "what's fair for one is fair for another" stuff very closely particularly when their kids are involved. And what about the Coach? He got a technical in the game at Fairview and he held himself to no consquences. Rules for players and no rules for coaches. It sets a bad precedent IMO.

This year's juniors at Creekwood had an outstanding team in middle school at William James. They were runners up that year in the small school sectional state that Harpeth won.

I think I picked Creekwood pretty high in the preseason. They have a good team.

Try telling that to Perry and let me know what he says. Perry sat out the rest of the 4th quarter at Stewart County when he got his technical, and then sat out the first half the next game at Fairview. The amount of bench time that Kendrick sat thus far for his infraction isn't anywhere close to how long Perry had to sit. And it's also a matter of not starting a player who committed a technical. Jones still got to play much of the Sycamore game. Parents watch this "what's fair for one is fair for another" stuff very closely particularly when their kids are involved. And what about the Coach? He got a technical in the game at Fairview and he held himself to no consquences. Rules for players and no rules for coaches. It sets a bad precedent IMO.

Yeah I don't know what will happen, but Perry's T was towards the end of the game, well into the 4th period. I got to the Stewart County game with about 4:00 minutes in the 4th quarter and he was playing then. Kendrick's T was in the first minute of the 1st period. I know that he sat the rest of the 1st period and a good portion of the 2nd. In don't have the minutes of play or anything like that. Just as an observer I think he sat most of 2 periods in the Sycamore game.