District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Deerhunter88 there is no way in the world that sc is goin to hang with harpeth,sycamore,or creekwood they might have a chance against the rest of the district i dout they will beat cheatham county or waverly either... Im not sure who all is goin to start for dover this year but i remember from last year that dover had a lot of juniors playin on the junior varsity team an i saw them play houston countys junior varsity that was all freshman with a few sophmores an yes dover beat them once by 3 but the next time hc beat them by 10 or 12 i think but im not sayin that sc starters this year played on the jv team last year im just sayin even if they didnt u have to have a good bench to be a good team so unless them juniors that played jv last year have improved alot dovers bench will not be very good at all an if thats there starters this year then dover wont have a chance....

The JV team did have a lot of juniors last year. They had quit b-ball during the summer and was allowed to return

to the team. They played with the freshman and sophomores last year. They have improved and will contribute this year. So don't count SC out yet!

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truthfully this person dont seem ill this person is just stating what he/she feels. i understand that you want to run your mouth but i have to agree playin and being around is two different things. from what the fan is sayin and if your keepin stats for the team now; i think that bballfan has many more years on ya. but this year will be tough from what i hear it being alot of teams having new coaches. but my predicitons are

1. harpeth/sycamore

3. SC/ Creekwood/ Cheatam

6. Waverly

7. Fairview

8.MC

I dnt keep stats for the team. and im not sayin i dnt agree with wht was said, bball is a team game and teams dont win unless they play that way; however, an earlier post had asked for some predictions on how teams will finish and it also asked for who some good players were thats why the guy named individuals.

Well considering that I pretty much know who deerhunter and schsbbfan are, I am here to tell u both to just shutup and quit going back and forth with one another. You are both cheering on the same team. and i do believe deerhunter knows what he is talkin about on most occasions, it is obvious that he will one day coach basketball and that is the reason he no longer keeps stats, coach holt wants him to be similar to a grad assistant. and schsbbfan, when he was stating players names, he was saying ppl that did not play much last year that showed improvement through camps and practices. and with stating the names of other players, such as the smith boys...why would you not state their name on here. it was obviously alright when jake west played. although neither one of them is jake west, they deserve some of the recognition because they both put up good numbers last year, not just in scoring but also in rebounds and assists. yes they sometimes get frustrated, been when you start off losing every game, that happens. its called being competitive and im sure they have gotten more mature over the last year and know they need to do a better job of keepin their composure. this is a forum of predictions and expectations of not only teams, but also players and what is expected from them, it has been every year. so im not going to complain when my team is predicted a certain position and a certain player is predicted to be the leader of our team. the players are old enough to know that they do not need to listen to their critics anyways and jus go out and perform to the best of their ability and play with all their hearts leaving notin on the court every game. its either the players see fans like us praising their play, or they will see fans of other teams puttin them down. if i was on the court, id much rather see praise than hate because you kno that other teams will be pointing out individuals as well.

so as for the season goes, i expect a good year from the rebels. they lost 2 seniors from last year in j. taylor and a. greenhill. they are pretty much returning all their guardplay and shooters. my only concern with this team is the post play position. the last two years they have had good post play in west, lancaster, and taylor. all of them were big bodies that could dominate inside any given game. no matter wat anyone says, no one on this years team can make of for the loss of a 6'7 post player. that is why there needs to be a lot of guys step up in that position and play their role. they need a couple guys that can make their presence felt down low so other teams have to double down when the ball gets inside and so the defense will not mainly defend the shooters on the outside. there needs to be an overall balance for the rebels to succeed this year. one player i would like to see step up his game and become an instant asset to the team would be the rebels star WR caleb rozet. he has the size and athleticism to achieve many great things in the post game, but he needs to learn to play smart and not get frustrated. if his confidence level is the same on the court as it is on the football field, he is going to be my wildcard player that has a chance to do many great things for this team. there are still other posts that can contribute on the defensive and offensive ends with cameron taylor and taylor craig. these 3 players will be able to help slasher dylan smith in the post game.

im not goin to give overall predictions yet for each team because i have not seen them yet, however i have given MY opinion on the stewart county rebels. o and by the way, dont question my authority when it comes to knowing basketball.

finally about time for the season to roll back around and im looking forward to some rebel basketball. this team has potential and i pretty much agree with orbitman, we need some1 to step up and dominate down low. i have faith in our guys and im looking at another fight this year for the rebels to finish in the 3-5 range. other than that, im not gonna lay down any other predictions because i have yet to see the other teams play.

orbitman, i totally agree with you on just about everything you said. are you a coach or teacher there? or just a fan that knows the game?

finally about time for the season to roll back around and im looking forward to some rebel basketball. this team has potential and i pretty much agree with orbitman, we need some1 to step up and dominate down low. i have faith in our guys and im looking at another fight this year for the rebels to finish in the 3-5 range. other than that, im not gonna lay down any other predictions because i have yet to see the other teams play.

orbitman, i totally agree with you on just about everything you said. are you a coach or teacher there? or just a fan that knows the game?

i am just a big fan of the rebels that have watched them play for many years. i used to do some coaching elsewhere but decided i would rather be living at home

Hey orbitman no problem but this is off topic but what you think about the football game? Anyways Look out for SC to achieve great things DrLove i agree with you with a 3-5 finish possibly better. We will see. WE ARE SC!

well they have played really well. although they arent in a great region, they have still put up 30pts per game which is a good accomplishment in itself. im still unsure that they r deserving of a top ten rank in the state, but we will soon see after they play camden on friday. the rebels are good but i think the lions are bring us down to life. i look for a 34-24 game. hopefully the rebels can pull it out

Yes I do sit on the bench but I no longer keep stats more of an assistant coach but schsbbfan I was in no way of trying to point out individuals. I was saying a couple of players that have stepped up that can really help this team. I know these players have a chance to achieve great things and also agree with you that they need to work as a team. I in no way try to intend it that way as I believe everyone on this team can contribute whether or be scoring, passing, rebounding, defense whatever the case. Obviously some players can score and others are very good role players but they all help the same. Oh and another thing I played basketball until my sophomore season and did not continue because I was not in good enough condition. I regret it and I am trying to do something about it. Right now though I am losing weight and and getting in better shape. Who knows I might eventually play again. Do I want to? Maybe, we will see how things go from here but sorry if i upset you. Oh and by the way it would've been nice if you didn't call me out.

SC is now using students as Assistant Coaches?? Interesting

SC is now using students as Assistant Coaches?? Interesting

thats what i hear, i actually think its a good idea...as long as the student knows what he or she is talking about, and this kid knows his stuff. like i said earlier, he will one day be a coach. he will be kindof like a college grad assistant. i can see other teams doing something similar as well

Do you know how many players that are going to be playing basketball later this winter for Cheatham Co. did not play in those "camp games"?????????

A LOT!!!!!!!

I dont know how many players were out, but I saw CC play at the MC camp, and they surprised me. I dont think they will win the district this year, but I did see alot of improvement from last season, and I do think they will win games.

Oh yeah another thing M. Ward, E. Wallace, and Z. Davis could also make an impact. Also schsbbfan I respect every player on the SC team as I know them personally and just a question. Why would you single out one player? It is obvious who you are talking about. Are you somehow close to them? Well anyways good luck to SC and the rest of D-11AA

I am not singling out anyone. I just know that last year you did this same thing. I am not close to anyone. I just don't like the disrespect you give to the other players on the team by praising some and not mentioning the others.

And to further explain, I have no relationship with any of the players. I just know from last year watching games when I could get to them that some players stepped up and they were not mentioned by you.

OVer 30 years ago I graduated and team play was important but postings like yours do not help the team. Although I have no relationship with the team players I do know many of the parents and I don't think they would appreciate it either. It is not team building. It is just the opposite!

Bout time for some basketball talk!! going to be a great season this year, should be as interesting as the football in our region...now for my pre season picks which will probably change as soon as the first games have been played...

1. Harpeth

2. Sycamore

3. Waverly (will battle for the spot with creekwood and cheatham all season and will take the spots with an upset or two against the top teams...il say that these three teams will all split their games against each other just to make the final games crucial)

4. Creekwood

5. Cheatham Co.

6. Fairview

7. Stewart Co.

8. Montgomery Cent.

Can't wait!!