#56 of waverly the best middle linebacker in the region

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the linebackers from Stewart cty, Camden, And Waverly. Stewart county's are decent hard nosed players, Camden probably the best core group, Waverly decent at best (it ain't hard to play linebacker against a team that does not block anyone all night. Adamsville has a kid that plays 100% every play. Waverly ask your receiver that got leveled over the middle if he can play. Also if this kid gets his hand on you it is over. As far as who is the best you cannot tell at this point. At the end of the season when all of the games have been played then you can say this kid or that kid did more or not.

I have seen the linebackers from Stewart cty, Camden, And Waverly. Stewart county's are decent hard nosed players, Camden probably the best core group, Waverly decent at best (it ain't hard to play linebacker against a team that does not block anyone all night. Adamsville has a kid that plays 100% every play. Waverly ask your receiver that got leveled over the middle if he can play. Also if this kid gets his hand on you it is over. As far as who is the best you cannot tell at this point. At the end of the season when all of the games have been played then you can say this kid or that kid did more or not.

yeah i feel for that reciever. but also ask him what happened this year when one of our players KNOCKED his head off against camden! but still he is very good. bunch of tackles

yeah i feel for that reciever. but also ask him what happened this year when one of our players KNOCKED his head off against camden! but still he is very good. bunch of tackles

Went to the Camden vs A'ville game this year! The LB from A'ville is for real! I don't recall the play you are referring to, but I do think Andy Travis will remember the Carroll kid! After Carroll made him see stars he(Travis) had to go sit on the bench with his head in his hands for a bit! I have seen every team in 7-2A play except Riverside this season and can say that Camden has the best core unit but the Carroll kid from Adamsville is the best LB in 7-2A! Made Allstate as a Soph. and I am positive he will this year and next! LB's from SC and Waverly are decent and Huntingdon has a good one coming up but they are not at the same level as Camden and Adamsville!!!!

Went to the Camden vs A'ville game this year! The LB from A'ville is for real! I don't recall the play you are referring to, but I do think Andy Travis will remember the Carroll kid! After Carroll made him see stars he(Travis) had to go sit on the bench with his head in his hands for a bit! I have seen every team in 7-2A play except Riverside this season and can say that Camden has the best core unit but the Carroll kid from Adamsville is the best LB in 7-2A! Made Allstate as a Soph. and I am positive he will this year and next! LB's from SC and Waverly are decent and Huntingdon has a good one coming up but they are not at the same level as Camden and Adamsville!!!!

Region 7-2A has a lot of good kids that play their hearts out week in week out! I have only seen the teams we have played this year and we have a lot of good kids and a lot of talented kids in this region! I agree about J. Carroll being the best LB and Camden having the best as a unit! I do want to reiterate that we have a lot of talented kids in this region and I have enjoyed getting to see them play! Let's try not to make the guys that don't get any headlines feel like they don't exist, because even though we all have standout players, we still win as a team and lose as a team! When the new districts are announced the only thing I won't miss about this region is the long drives! Other than that I feel like this region has become stronger over the last few years and I have made some great new friends along the way! Go Cardinals!!!!

The kid from Adamsville is real. No doubt about that.

Since this topic was started about Thomas, just let me say something about him. He is a great kid (not saying that anyone else mentioned is not, i just know Thomas) But Werfel is the Student Body President, has a 4.0 GPA and is a genius. He lacks nothing in the head, nothing at all. This really shows on the football and baseball field. Werfel is my boy, I'll roll with him until the end.

And no, I am not a student at WCHS. Proud Alum

I don't recall the hit but what I do remember about the Adamsville/Waverly game is #32 Sanders for Adamsville not wanting to run the ball after a few hits from Waverly. Everyone was talking about it in the press box. He would back up when someone came toward him after he got hit the first few times. And that wasn't just from the linebackers. Anyway, Werfel is a great kid and really good linebacker.

The kid from Adamsville is real. No doubt about that.

Since this topic was started about Thomas, just let me say something about him. He is a great kid (not saying that anyone else mentioned is not, i just know Thomas) But Werfel is the Student Body President, has a 4.0 GPA and is a genius. He lacks nothing in the head, nothing at all. This really shows on the football and baseball field. Werfel is my boy, I'll roll with him until the end.

And no, I am not a student at WCHS. Proud Alum

Sounds like Josh and Thomas have a lot in common. Carroll very gift academically as well, very polite and coachable kid. Never causes any trouble great kids to be around.

I don't recall the hit but what I do remember about the Adamsville/Waverly game is #32 Sanders for Adamsville not wanting to run the ball after a few hits from Waverly. Everyone was talking about it in the press box. He would back up when someone came toward him after he got hit the first few times. And that wasn't just from the linebackers. Anyway, Werfel is a great kid and really good linebacker.

HOw could you tell if he was laying down or not our offensive line did not block all night long. It is hard to run the football when you have someone in your face as soon as you get the ball. NOt here to argue the fact that Waverly kicked our tales. But do not insinuate that the kid layed down because he is as tough as they come. Sometimes it just does not go.

HOw could you tell if he was laying down or not our offensive line did not block all night long. It is hard to run the football when you have someone in your face as soon as you get the ball. NOt here to argue the fact that Waverly kicked our tales. But do not insinuate that the kid layed down because he is as tough as they come. Sometimes it just does not go.

I'm not insinuating. I'm saying it was true. whether the line was blocking or not. You could see it. At least on that night, don't know about other nights, but he was afraid to get hit. He would actually flinch backwards before he got hit. But hey, I would too if I had been hit that hard that many times. I would have gone back to the huddle and eat out the lineman. But everyone in the press box was talking about it.