THE Lewis Co. Panthers @ Hickman Co.

LewisCoPanthers

The 2nd paragraph of this comment is the most laughable quote I've seen on CoachT this year! You guys don't get it! Even a the West TN ESPN radio station said it yesterday......."this region is invisible in the postseason!" Until you LC Panthers rid yourselves of the Wayne County's, Mt Pleasant's, and the Waverly's from your schedule, you will continue to stay at home in November! Who cares who wins this game! Yes, the winner should have homefield for the first 2 playoff games but then both will eventually lose before the 3rd round...............one of you will be beaten at home!!

Toughen the schedule!!!! Both Hickman County and Lewis County sit smack in the middle of the state.........thus, are in reasonable proximity to some wonderful football programs that could make your programs better!! NOT Ezell Harding! What's wrong with Giles County, Station Camp, White House, Whites Creek, Page, Kenwood ..........I mean the list could go on! Guys.........when will you learn.........it happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!

Many of us WANT to see you advance............but.......neither team will give yourself a chance. If you know for sure that your region is weak............schedule tougher non-region games.............not 1A teams!!........and don't mention the word rivalry! They will end your season early!

First of all, let me say I love your pretty red font. Secondly, where are you from? If you lived in or around Hohenwald you would understand that it is out of the way for just about everybody. Noone wants to come here and play. I know for a fact that schools all over the midstate AND West Tennessee of all classifications were contacted about playing Lewis County this year and all declined for various reasons: travel, didn't want to play down and risk getting beat by a 2A school, and just plain old scheduling conflicts.

Look, I know what it always looks like to the outside world - Lewis Co dodges the big dogs to pad their record and I'm telling you that is not the case. But hey, you and any of the other doubters across the state won't have to worry anymore next year. Both Lewis and Hickman will be playing schools with enrollment almost twice that of their own. And its not like these games won't count. These games will, to the best of my understanding, decide whether or not LC or HC can even get into the playoffs! So enjoy this last year of LC plays nobody and thats why they lose early in the playoffs, cause its the last year you can use it.

BTW, don't sleep on either of these teams (LC and HC) to make some REAL noise in the playoffs this year.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

First of all, let me say I love your pretty red font. Secondly, where are you from? If you lived in or around Hohenwald you would understand that it is out of the way for just about everybody. Noone wants to come here and play. I know for a fact that schools all over the midstate AND West Tennessee of all classifications were contacted about playing Lewis County this year and all declined for various reasons: travel, didn't want to play down and risk getting beat by a 2A school, and just plain old scheduling conflicts.

Look, I know what it always looks like to the outside world - Lewis Co dodges the big dogs to pad their record and I'm telling you that is not the case. But hey, you and any of the other doubters across the state won't have to worry anymore next year. Both Lewis and Hickman will be playing schools with enrollment almost twice that of their own. And its not like these games won't count. These games will, to the best of my understanding, decide whether or not LC or HC can even get into the playoffs! So enjoy this last year of LC plays nobody and thats why they lose early in the playoffs, cause its the last year you can use it.

BTW, don't sleep on either of these teams (LC and HC) to make some REAL noise in the playoffs this year.

Yes, I know where Hohenwald is........and it IS right in the middle of the Volunteer State! Of course the schools I'm talking about may not want to come to you............go to them........you know..............the ol' Virginia Tech theory! If you want home games, there's about 15 different quality Memphis schools anxious to come play you for a $2,000 pay day! You can pay to play good ones and bad ones........From Ridgeway to Manassas............they will all do it! Otherwise, stay on you path to an early basketball season!

Yes, I know where Hohenwald is........and it IS right in the middle of the Volunteer State! Of course the schools I'm talking about may not want to come to you............go to them........you know..............the ol' Virginia Tech theory! If you want home games, there's about 15 different quality Memphis schools anxious to come play you for a $2,000 pay day! You can pay to play good ones and bad ones........From Ridgeway to Manassas............they will all do it! Otherwise, stay on you path to an early basketball season!

What does any of this matter right now? Neither team can change their schedule, its too late WE ARE IN WEEK 8! You won't have to worry about it next year because we will be playing Giles, Marshall, Spring Hill, and Page. You never answered my question advisor - where are you from? What team do you support? I think all us LC and HC fans have a right to know since you came in and interrupted our thread by accusing us of padding our schedules and saying we both will get beat early in the playoffs.

So please, pray tell - Who is your team?

I never thought I would say this in a million years, but Hickman fans, come back!!! Anything is better, even arguing with yall, than having to deal with some hater like advisor that thinks both our teams are a joke.

LET ME TELL YALL LITTLE KITTY KATS THAT OLE SOWELL AND KEY WILL RUN UP THA MIDDLE CAUSE YALL CORNFEDUGLIES WILL GET YALL TAILS BLOCKED ALL NIGHT AND YALL DONT HAVE THE DEFENSE LIKE YALL DID LAST YEAR. ALL YALL WILL DO IS RUN BALL SO WE GOT YALLS GAMEPLAN ALREADY!

Attend the RED OUT

Support THE dawgs

2008 REGIONAL CHAMPS

The 2nd paragraph of this comment is the most laughable quote I've seen on CoachT this year! You guys don't get it! Even a the West TN ESPN radio station said it yesterday......."this region is invisible in the postseason!" Until you LC Panthers rid yourselves of the Wayne County's, Mt Pleasant's, and the Waverly's from your schedule, you will continue to stay at home in November! Who cares who wins this game! Yes, the winner should have homefield for the first 2 playoff games but then both will eventually lose before the 3rd round...............one of you will be beaten at home!!

Toughen the schedule!!!! Both Hickman County and Lewis County sit smack in the middle of the state.........thus, are in reasonable proximity to some wonderful football programs that could make your programs better!! NOT Ezell Harding! What's wrong with Giles County, Station Camp, White House, Whites Creek, Page, Kenwood ..........I mean the list could go on! Guys.........when will you learn.........it happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!

Many of us WANT to see you advance............but.......neither team will give yourself a chance. If you know for sure that your region is weak............schedule tougher non-region games.............not 1A teams!!........and don't mention the word rivalry! They will end your season early!

*coughs and waves* Well, obviously there's not much to be done about the schedule at this point...and forgive me for using a wee bit of logic, but the last time I checked Hickman County scrimmaged Station Camp at the beginning of the season. And if I remember correctly, Station Camp's players left the school significantly less happy than when they came. Oh yes, I remember correctly. I was there.

As far as this game Friday goes, I'm not really up for too much smack talkin' /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />! You guys are seriously hilarious...watching this board makes my entire day! But even if Lewis County had the best team in the state (which they most definitely do not) , I'd still pull for the Dawgs. Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog!!! (Plus my brother's on the team, and he's just awesome, yeah)

LET ME TELL YALL LITTLE KITTY KATS THAT OLE SOWELL AND KEY WILL RUN UP THA MIDDLE CAUSE YALL CORNFEDUGLIES WILL GET YALL TAILS BLOCKED ALL NIGHT AND YALL DONT HAVE THE LINEBACKERS LIKE YALL DID LAST YEAR. ALL YALL WILL DO IS RUN BALL SO WE GOT YALLS GAMEPLAN ALREADY! NOT TO MENTION MCCONNELL COULDNT CALL A DEFENSEIVE GAME IF HIS LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

Attend the RED OUT

Support THE dawgs

2008 REGIONAL CHAMPS

idiot.

Guest Advisor

What does any of this matter right now? Neither team can change their schedule, its too late WE ARE IN WEEK 8! You won't have to worry about it next year because we will be playing Giles, Marshall, Spring Hill, and Page. You never answered my question advisor - where are you from? What team do you support? I think all us LC and HC fans have a right to know since you came in and interrupted our thread by accusing us of padding our schedules and saying we both will get beat early in the playoffs.

So please, pray tell - Who is your team?

I never thought I would say this in a million years, but Hickman fans, come back!!! Anything is better, even arguing with yall, than having to deal with some hater like advisor that thinks both our teams are a joke.

Well.....first of all "Pantherfan" the Advisor hasn't accused LC of anything OTHER THAN exiting the playoffs prematurely! I think I know what I said......I typed it! Secondly, I didn't say anything about "padding" your schedule although history shows us that LC usually gets everybody in the state all excited about the Panthers only to break our hearts in November! In case you failed to read my earlier posts, there are many of us outside you borders that routinely rout for Lewis County. The Advisor didn't refer to LC as a joke and I'm not a hater, but the Advisor DOES know what it takes to play week 12, 13, 14, and 15! One need not look to me for arguement purposes, open your own programs that circulate throughout the stadium every Friday night. They should have the records from the past several years to prove that the Advisor is a "truth telling Advisor". Carroll County ended your season 3 years in a row.....01-03, Benton County the next and Ezell Harding the next. Then a very strong Goodpasture team beat you in '06 and your opponent tomorrow night ended your season last year! The point should be clear! We want to believe in the black and gold but .........history proves it only leads to heart ache!

Well.....first of all "Pantherfan" the Advisor hasn't accused LC of anything OTHER THAN exiting the playoffs prematurely! I think I know what I said......I typed it! Secondly, I didn't say anything about "padding" your schedule although history shows us that LC usually gets everybody in the state all excited about the Panthers only to break our hearts in November! In case you failed to read my earlier posts, there are many of us outside you borders that routinely rout for Lewis County. The Advisor didn't refer to LC as a joke and I'm not a hater, but the Advisor DOES know what it takes to play week 12, 13, 14, and 15! One need not look to me for arguement purposes, open your own programs that circulate throughout the stadium every Friday night. They should have the records from the past several years to prove that the Advisor is a "truth telling Advisor". Carroll County ended your season 3 years in a row.....01-03, Benton County the next and Ezell Harding the next. Then a very strong Goodpasture team beat you in '06 and your opponent tomorrow night ended your season last year! The point should be clear! We want to believe in the black and gold but .........history proves it only leads to heart ache!

Advisor, it just seemed to me from your first post that you were trying to make fun of the Panthers early exits and putting it on the scheduling. If you were just stating that a weak schedule negatively affects your chances in the playoffs, I have to agree with you. But its like I said earlier, its not ALL LC's fault. They try to schedule really good teams but they usually either can't or won't play. So the next best option is to schedule the best that you CAN get. And thats why they scheduled Wayne Co. - a solid team that could make some noise in the 1A playoffs, and Mt. Pleasant - a perrinnial 1A powerhouse.

I apologize if I misread your post. If you are pulling for the Panthers again this year as you said you have in the past I would encourage you to stay on board. This team could be really special.

But first things first - Hickman County. And yes, they put the Panthers out last year in their own house. They played harder than the Panthers did in that game and deserved that win. But I believe this team is different and has learned from the past. I just hope the Panthers are fired up and ready to go for this one - I know they are. And I know the Bulldogs are too. Its gonna be a great game in a GREAT atmosphere. Take care of business PANTHERS!!!!!

LET ME TELL YALL LITTLE KITTY KATS THAT OLE SOWELL AND KEY WILL RUN UP THA MIDDLE CAUSE YALL CORNFEDUGLIES WILL GET YALL TAILS BLOCKED ALL NIGHT AND YALL DONT HAVE THE LINEBACKERS LIKE YALL DID LAST YEAR. ALL YALL WILL DO IS RUN BALL SO WE GOT YALLS GAMEPLAN ALREADY! NOT TO MENTION MCCONNELL COULDNT CALL A DEFENSEIVE GAME IF HIS LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

Attend the RED OUT

Support THE dawgs

2008 REGIONAL CHAMPS

Cornfeduglies? Did you make that word up? I can tell that your another grade A winner from Hickman County. And last time i checked,you wanted big guys on your defensive line. But maybe yall teach the football team something different down there. Since we are 19-2 against yall,i would take our advice.

And its gonna stink when McConnells defense holds your offense to less than 100 yards. Because his defense isn't a joke.

Also one more thing. Someone spray painted our field last night, that was a bad idea bulldogs, because you have just awakened a sleeping giant!

Attend the RED OUT

Support THE dawgs

2008 REGIONAL CHAMPS

For the record:1. "cornfeduglies" is three words.(Corn-Fed-Uglies) 2.McConnell's defense is second in the state ,only behind Alcoa ,for points allowed. and 3.I think you'll change your mind about their LBers tomorrow night,as well as their D-line,and this whole "run it up the middle" scheme,that you have,not the best idea,trust me!.As for the rest of the Bulldawg faithful,CAUTION:IT IS RAINING RIGHT NOW!I just dont want to hear about some HC fan drowning because they stared up in the air too long looking for Coach Sharp and his water hose. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> By the way there are cameras all around the field(for whoever thought it would scare the PANTHERS to paint some junk about a little red puppy on their practice field.)So IF whoever did it is reading this,You shouldnt have done it.If it was your child that did it,you should have told them to stay home.THERE ARE AROUND 40 GUYS IN ABOUT THE WORST MOOD YOU COULD WANT A 300 pounder TO BE IN,AND THEY ARE COMING TO HICKMAN CO. TOMORROW NIGHT!just letting you know,if they seem like they're in an especially bad mood on that opening kick-off...its because they are! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />