THE Lewis Co. Panthers @ Hickman Co.

LewisCoPanthers

For everyone who has followed this series for the long haul we remember a lot of the good players from both teams. Hickman had some very good players that come to mind such as TE Dobson, RB Stone, RB Pigg, DB Walker, RB RB Frazier, RB Hamlin, A few really good linemen that I'm not sure of their names, Boyd in the mid 80's and another kid that played DE/T in the early 90's was really good. From 1977 to 1987 HC went on a 6-1 run over our beloved Panthers.

Of course Sowell and Keys and the FB/LB will go down as very good player as well. Also the really good linemen from the 2007 team. I may have mixed up some of the names, if so no disrespect intended.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone who has followed this series for the long haul we remember a lot of the good players from both teams. Hickman had some very good players that come to mind such as TE Dobson, RB Stone, RB Pigg, DB Walker, RB RB Frazier, RB Hamlin, A few really good linemen that I'm not sure of their names, Boyd in the mid 80's and another kid that played DE/T in the early 90's was really good. From 1977 to 1987 HC went on a 6-1 run over our beloved Panthers.

Of course Sowell and Keys and the FB/LB will go down as very good player as well. Also the really good linemen from the 2007 team. I may have mixed up some of the names, if so no disrespect intended.

Those are all good players of old. No way in any comparison to this team today.

LOL, I would love to have the talent he has, but jealousy is just something I don't have for anyone. I like myself just the way that I am. By the way, if I have "Sowell Envy," wouldn't your entire town have "Panther Envy?" I just find it kind of funny that the entire BUlldog nation would love nothing more than to trade places with the Lewis County faithful over the past 20 years or so......... Jealous much? LOL

You know, Radio is almost as big as a shopping cart....... A little taller, and much meaner.

Hey Grinch man......... Dont hate. After the Bulldogs open a can of whuppppa@#$ on your little Hole in the wall panzies, I will let you smell Sowells Jockstrap for 10.00 . Just show up after your done crying by the locker room........but sorry you cant carry it.

LOL, I would love to have the talent he has, but jealousy is just something I don't have for anyone. I like myself just the way that I am. By the way, if I have "Sowell Envy," wouldn't your entire town have "Panther Envy?" I just find it kind of funny that the entire BUlldog nation would love nothing more than to trade places with the Lewis County faithful over the past 20 years or so......... Jealous much? LOL

You know, Radio is almost as big as a shopping cart....... A little taller, and much meaner.

No, I didn't mean personally, I meant you would like to have him or somebody at his talent level on your team.

As I have stated before, I couldn't care less about what has happened in the past. It doesn't matter to the two teams that take the field on Friday either.

About Radio, let me put this in terms you LC folk might easily understand...Ain't Skeered!

Hey Grinch man......... Dont hate. After the Bulldogs open a can of whuppppa@#$ on your little Hole in the wall panzies, I will let you smell Sowells Jockstrap for 10.00 . Just show up after your done crying by the locker room........but sorry you cant carry it.

Well after you and your entire town of Pretenders get done eating all of that CROW, you can come back home to Hohenwald. It is a great place, and for a small fee we'll give you a jersey and let you run around on a real field and "pretend" you are part of a winning tradition.

Guess what, I seriously doubt you or anyone else of The BULLdog nation could carry my jockstrap, there is just too much intelligence and EGO for you to handle.

Actully Radio was my nickname when I lived in Centerville and was a Bulldog,But I am not mr ,dont have shopping cart and havent had a movie about me .I am glad you feel humor in that.Melvin Mays give me that name in Little league but I wasnt a bulldog long my family moved to Hohenwald.Hohenwald was smallest 2a school in state at the time and Hickman was 2nd biggest 2a school.Hickman whipped us for well most of my career until 88 Sharp become coach and well we have whipped tail ever since .i think it is 19 -2 against Hickman Co. I dont see it being any different this year.

If I could ask for a favor Mr. Don Haney. Would you mind pulling up the stats from last years game and tell me how many yards Sowell had in the contest? I would really like to know since we are supposed to be so scared of him, was he even the leading rusher in the game? Did anyone else contribute? Were there any other people even on the field?

Also, this fiction story of how the Bulldogs are a superior TEAM, is really getting old. I have just as much respect for any guy on the field, to the waterboy up to the head coach, they are all a part of the game. Putting the Sowell kid on a pedestal is almost a slap in the face to me as well as your own fans, maybe you should look up another name on the roster and tell me how they will affect the game. I would sure like to see more than one man on the field for the Bulldogs, it will make us look a lot better beating the team rather than a one man show. As for us over here, I would really be suprised if you hear about one kid alone, we are about the BIGGER picture here, not just kids who make us look good.

wow....thats pretty good....did you steal that stirring speech from Vince Lombardi? Its pretty amazing to me that you take this stuff so seriously that you somehow think that you have been "slapped in the face" with the discussion of Sowell, which if I remember correctly was originally brought up by one of your fellow panthers....you might ought to go find a book on "How to get a life" and keep high school football in its proper perspective....give me your number so I can get a hold of you to schedule you speaking to my civic club....we need some good thoughts on "The Bigger Picture"....by the way....we have water girls

you know.....I think I have seen Radio....are you talking about one of those Barbi shopping carts? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well after you and your entire town of Pretenders get done eating all of that CROW, you can come back home to Hohenwald. It is a great place, and for a small fee we'll give you a jersey and let you run around on a real field and "pretend" you are part of a winning tradition.

Guess what, I seriously doubt you or anyone else of The BULLdog nation could carry my jockstrap, there is just too much intelligence and EGO for you to handle.

I WILL BUY THE EGO PART...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now that I??™m fully aware of Coach T etiquette of not referring to the past, no speeches of pride of one??™s team or aptitude let me break this down. I think that HC best advantage in this game is game breaking speed and all around big play potential. Although they have the best potential for a long play doesn??™t mean that LC is without game changing striking power. On the other hand LC must be given the overall advantage in the trenches. Hickman will run their feature back off tackle (25 to 30 times) hoping to break the first line of defense in order to break a big play. They will also test the waters with a trap play inside now and then to keep the panthers honest. If the trap is successful it could hurt LC ability to gang tackle the great running back, creating some one on one situation which favors HC. The HC QB will use play action to try to test the outside and possibly attempt a long pass. I believe that both teams are equally physical and well coached. Neither has shown that they can win a game through the air, mainly because they haven??™t had to. If LC front can contain the fb without help from the LBers it will allow more of a concentrated effort to stop the great runner. The team that has the most first downs will not necessarily be the victor. Turnovers and big plays should determine the winner.