Cocke County Football - Newport, TN

foshizzle

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we have cocke co. and unicoi co. play and the winner gets home field advantage for their conference in the quarterfinals of the playoffs. We could have cockfighting at the game also to bring in a bigger crowd. An on-site dentist would be available as well. Call Don King. What does everybody think?

I think that's an awesome idea. If this doesn't happen, I think both schools should be forced to end their football program. I also think a rooster from the cockfight should have to return a kickoff.

I figured that more people would have chimed in. Cocke County is playing David Crockett this week. 0-6 vs. 1-6.......... sounds like a powder-puff game.

Is this Cocke County's best chance to win yet or will they go down again.

Word I hear out of Newport is that they are doomed.

I guess someone would have to look up records and compare to see if this CCHS program is the worst in the state.

I still cannot understand on how the other school Cosby is so good and Newport just stinks.... locals... care to chime in???

I figured that more people would have chimed in. Cocke County is playing David Crockett this week. 0-6 vs. 1-6.......... sounds like a powder-puff game.

I guess someone would have to look up records and compare to see if this CCHS program is the worst in the state.

I still cannot understand on how the other school Cosby is so good and Newport just stinks.... locals... care to chime in???

Sorry to say, Davy will be havin' chicken dinner.

Look at Heritage VS Alcoa, Maryville, William Blount. All from the same county.

I hope CC can pull one out tonight. The kids deserve it!

foshizzle im a player for CCHS and yes we have struggled this season and the past few but is it that hard for everyone to cut a team some slack when we have had 3 different coaches in the past 5 years? im not dogging anyone out i just wish people around the league would take actual notice of how the game of football works on any level. it takes years to build a team up with a brand new system in place. and as for cosby high, sure they are 7-1 or 6-1 whatever but you must also take note they play 1A football. im no football genius and i dont wanna start all the crap between CCHS and CHS but there is a big difference between 1A and 4A. thanks for understanding...

foshizzle im a player for CCHS and yes we have struggled this season and the past few but is it that hard for everyone to cut a team some slack when we have had 3 different coaches in the past 5 years? im not dogging anyone out i just wish people around the league would take actual notice of how the game of football works on any level. it takes years to build a team up with a brand new system in place. and as for cosby high, sure they are 7-1 or 6-1 whatever but you must also take note they play 1A football. im no football genius and i dont wanna start all the crap between CCHS and CHS but there is a big difference between 1A and 4A. thanks for understanding...

Youre right it takes time to build a program back up and all the coaching changes doesn't help. However I do believe yall have a good coach over there now who if given time will get things going the right way once again. There is a big difference in 1A and 4A , Thats why Cosby plays up in their out of region games to try to get a little tougher competition to prepare them for big games down the road. Cosby has played three 3A teams beating 2 of them 1 of which handled yall pretty good in a pre season scrimmage. You guys need to work hard and get the word out at that school that caoch Kelly is gonna turn things around. Get more kids out to play , build some confidence , and work your tails off to get better , the talent is in the school and from what I here lots of talent is ON the team , its just gonna take developing a winning attitude to get it done. Start it tonight with a win and build on it! Good luck tonight go get that first one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Listen kid, I know you wanna win football games. I want you to win football games. Here's my idea for you. Go into the weight room Monday at practice, and say if you don't increase your bench by 50 pounds, I'm going to kill you! While everyone is frantically lifting, walk around with a crazy look on your face so your teammates know you're for real. Come Friday night, not only is your team much stronger and more physical, you're also the team leader. Go get 'em you son of a gun!

Listen kid, I know you wanna win football games. I want you to win football games. Here's my idea for you. Go into the weight room Monday at practice, and say if you don't increase your bench by 50 pounds, I'm going to kill you! While everyone is frantically lifting, walk around with a crazy look on your face so your teammates know you're for real. Come Friday night, not only is your team much stronger and more physical, you're also the team leader. Go get 'em you son of a gun!

Cocke County has some good players but their numbers are down and

are not able to stay with the teams who field an offensive team and a

defensive team. Some teams have their backs running track to gain

more speed and all of the players work on a regular year round schedule

in the weight room.

Encourage the young kids to get involved in football and to stay with it on

up to high school . Former players should help the small players learn the

positions and start them off on the right foot and push for them to study in

the schools---grades come first and --play comes next.