Cocke County Football - Newport, TN

foshizzle

Some tru stuff in there...I can't believe they are getting this bad either man...The bad thing is they are gonna get worse..Basically the whole team graduates leaving well nothing at all really...Dont mean to offend but the players coming up now have less talent than has been on the field the last several years.

I guess your talkin bout Will right? I played with him at CCHS my fresh year and I still go to school wit him at TC. Good guy...I didn't hear bout the Furman camp but I kno the talent level is droppin off even from when I was playin a few years ago...Coach did basically run off the strength guy...sad could have helped he rly knows his stuff

The coaching is just retreads of what failed from bout 2000-2005 without good offensive coaches like Jones and Cassel. Kelley does know football and is a good man for the boys to be taught by tho. Probably would be ideal to clean house and invest in a coach who has proven he can turn a program around and bring interest back into football because there is NONE. Don't blame anybody tho because hasn't been much to watch honestly.

When did you play for CCHS pimp?

Thats a shame if they are losing 3/4 of the teams starters and if dey are gonna get worse. I mean look at it now... itz not about winning ball games, it's wonderin if they gonna put points on the board. Just think - 2009 CCHS could go the whole year without scoring. I dunno if dat will happen, but the chances would be better than average.

I played late late 80's early 90's... when thangs were different.

I'm tellin you now yo, if Coach Sutton would have got the job after lame brain stumbled down, this conversation... we wouldn't be having!

I waz lookin at its been like since 1996 CCHS doesnt have a winning record. I guess it doesnt matter because of da playoff format.

But wait a sec, playoffs? When was the last time playoffs and Cocke County was even mentioned together.

I hate it and 2 be honest, it must be bad when I know people that discourage football for basketball.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocke County has some good players but their numbers are down and

are not able to stay with the teams who field an offensive team and a

defensive team. Some teams have their backs running track to gain

more speed and all of the players work on a regular year round schedule

in the weight room.

Encourage the young kids to get involved in football and to stay with it on

up to high school . Former players should help the small players learn the

positions and start them off on the right foot and push for them to study in

the schools---grades come first and --play comes next.

We've had some pretty good talent here at CCHS...2000-2006 I believe we had some playoff teams here and there. The numbers game rly hurt the team tho. CCHS is usually fielding about 30 kids a year on the team which is terrible for a pretty large 4A school. Also a thing I have noticed is special teams really hurts Cocke County..We havent had a good punter or kicker in the whole time I've watched or played for CCHS lol...So go out and find a kicker or punter for the team it would help.

I'm all for putting the community effort into the team. Real work has to be put into year round lifting and conditioning because that can help make up for the lack of numbers. We've failed to put effort into the strength and conditing program for awhile. Hopefully they can turn that part of the program around with effort.

I'd keep Kelley in place, but bring in some new coordinators and position coaches. The talent is dropping off even more, so bringing in fresh faces will ceratinly help. Go out and try to get people excited about playing for CCHS.

Foshizzle a little info on the whole Cosby CCHS debate. It goes nowhere. People argue about it quite a bit. Administration wont let it happen. As for who would win, this would be the year that Cosby has a good chance of winning in football. Would be a huge community event for sure. Think the argument really took off when Cosby had the good year in 06.

Thats a shame if they are losing 3/4 of the teams starters and if dey are gonna get worse. I mean look at it now... itz not about winning ball games, it's wonderin if they gonna put points on the board. Just think - 2009 CCHS could go the whole year without scoring. I dunno if dat will happen, but the chances would be better than average.

I played late late 80's early 90's... when thangs were different.

I'm tellin you now yo, if Coach Sutton would have got the job after lame brain stumbled down, this conversation... we wouldn't be having!

I waz lookin at its been like since 1996 CCHS doesnt have a winning record. I guess it doesnt matter because of da playoff format.

But wait a sec, playoffs? When was the last time playoffs and Cocke County was even mentioned together.

I hate it and 2 be honest, it must be bad when I know people that discourage football for basketball.

Yea man all the good athletes wont play football...I play basketball with some of em sometimes and they won't even consider playin football

Good luck to em tho..Should be bringing back another conference championship this year.

I've heard Coach Sutton's name mentioned before..he was a local favorite to get the job when Jones left...don't kno who he is tho

Think 2004 was the last time CCHS was headed to the playoffs...Started out good but had some costly injuries and lost two heartbreakers to Cherokee and Volunteer at the end of the year ..two games we were leading. Would have made for a .500 season....

Foshizzle a little info on the whole Cosby CCHS debate. It goes nowhere. People argue about it quite a bit. Administration wont let it happen. As for who would win, this would be the year that Cosby has a good chance of winning in football. Would be a huge community event for sure. Think the argument really took off when Cosby had the good year in 06.

Thanks for the update. I think I have asked enough questions in regard to this topic. I am done commenting on it, just like the program itself, it's worthless. If the administration is standing in the way of this game agaisnt cosby... shame on them!

I saw where CCHS lost tonight to the 1-6 team in the conference. If Cherokee is able to put away Boone... then trouble awaits next week.

Sadly, seems like the Fighting Cocks are doomed to 0-10.

How can they even say they can in a game in the next few years after graduating many seniors. OUCH!

Some tru stuff in there...I can't believe they are getting this bad either man...The bad thing is they are gonna get worse..Basically the whole team graduates leaving well nothing at all really...Dont mean to offend but the players coming up now have less talent than has been on the field the last several years.

I guess your talkin bout Will right? I played with him at CCHS my fresh year and I still go to school wit him at TC. Good guy...I didn't hear bout the Furman camp but I kno the talent level is droppin off even from when I was playin a few years ago...Coach did basically run off the strength guy...sad could have helped he rly knows his stuff

The coaching is just retreads of what failed from bout 2000-2005 without good offensive coaches like Jones and Cassel. Kelley does know football and is a good man for the boys to be taught by tho. Probably would be ideal to clean house and invest in a coach who has proven he can turn a program around and bring interest back into football because there is NONE. Don't blame anybody tho because hasn't been much to watch honestly.

When did you play for CCHS pimp?

what year was your freshman year? if i am not mistaken the last group of players to show any competiveness was class of 2002. steven ball paul shelton matt miller jerome carmicheal (dexter carr?)ect. i think the biggest problem has been coaching consistancy. you cant be successful when every time you turn around there is a new coach. sad thing is its with all sports there. my guess there will be a coach change again this year somewhere within the athletic department. no one what to go there and no one thats any good at what they do will stay. best of luck to CCHS and coach Kelly, got alot of work to do. everyone wants to see CCHS and the CHS go at it on the gridiron. maybe someday. i think there would have to be alot of security there. there is some love between the 2 but not much. not sure if the CCHS program could afford to play them.

The last time Cocke County was in the playoffs was 2002. They lost to Elizabethton 36 - 8. Just my personal opinion, I think it is the weight room and not having a established middle school program. I think the little league is great in Cocke County. The middle school program or lack there of is aweful. There has to be a lot of house cleaning in Newport and it just isn't football coaches /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

what year was your freshman year? if i am not mistaken the last group of players to show any competiveness was class of 2002. steven ball paul shelton matt miller jerome carmicheal (dexter carr?)ect. i think the biggest problem has been coaching consistancy. you cant be successful when every time you turn around there is a new coach. sad thing is its with all sports there. my guess there will be a coach change again this year somewhere within the athletic department. no one what to go there and no one thats any good at what they do will stay. best of luck to CCHS and coach Kelly, got alot of work to do. everyone wants to see CCHS and the CHS go at it on the gridiron. maybe someday. i think there would have to be alot of security there. there is some love between the 2 but not much. not sure if the CCHS program could afford to play them.

My fresh year was 03 the year after those guys left and varsity had like 20 on the team

Had some good talent in 01 and 02

04 probably would have been another playoff year but Mikey went down to injury

The weight room is pretty bad...Bout half team would go workout at another gym in town

Middle school has fallen on some hard times recently...Won most of the games when the program started early 2000's

The fresh team has been really bad the last several years as well...not even competitive really

Sadly it's most likely gonna take a long time for this thing to turn around

Players leaving and not coming because of administration and coaches is true and hurts the program

Cocke is one of the worst teams ive ever seen

i dont see them getting any worse unless somehow they get crompton to play qb

i would like to see a game between them and memphis northside of 2006

they were outscored 391-2 over the year and the following year 453-46

but theres hope for cocke county memphis northside beat a 1a team this year but still have been outscored by over 200 points on the season

this weeks game against crockett should be a solid matchup tho i heard the winner is going to the pillow fight world chamionship

by the way

i got my stats on memphis northside from http://unauthorized website/hsHighSchool.asp?School=5522

so im not jus balony sandwiching you

Cocke is one of the worst teams ive ever seen

i dont see them getting any worse unless somehow they get crompton to play qb

i would like to see a game between them and memphis northside of 2006

they were outscored 391-2 over the year and the following year 453-46

but theres hope for cocke county memphis northside beat a 1a team this year but still have been outscored by over 200 points on the season

this weeks game against crockett should be a solid matchup tho i heard the winner is going to the pillow fight world chamionship

by the way

i got my stats on memphis northside from http://unauthorized website/hsHighSchool.asp?School=5522

so im not jus balony sandwiching you

think cocke county has scored double digits once this season

lost 28-7 to crockett

they'll get worse unless some major player additions show up somewhere

most of the kids (starters) graduate off a team that had 14! 14! players at practice monday

actually may not have enough to field a team next year

40-8 this week and Morristown West comes to town?

Anyone think that the Trojans can put up 70? 80? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yea from reading the recao of the game, it sounds like cocke county could have been in the cherokee game..i wasn't there but sounds like gave up 2 big plays to cherokee and cchs left points on the board

West wont score 70 or 80..even when they was winning state championships that didnt happen...West will play for the playoffs and rest people...West isnt a high powered offense anyways

I'll say West 48-CCHS-0

Sorry the kids had another losing season with no hope of winning. Hard to play for