Cocke County Football - Newport, TN

foshizzle

Come on, get real.... CCHS can barely get 25 kids to come out at 3:30 pm in the afternoon!

I agree with the accountability factor and strict discipline. Those two things have been lacking in the program for it's entirety.

CCHS is fully capable of winning ballgames... at least going .500 every year. Until there are changes at the top and a complete sweep of the coaching staff, kids wont come out and parents plus community will not give full support.

You could hire Bill Parcells in Newport right now and kids would not come out and people would still btch.

Yea, thats why I said just 90-95% of the time because there's not many people showing up at all right now. So that would be making almost all of em which is a vast improvement. CCHS didn't play a 1A team this year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** ATTENTION ***

Well looks like some of these posts have finally caught the attention of the CCHS coaching staff... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let me "address"..... once again a few things. First off, shut it on the personal bashings.... I have not once stated on here that ANYONE of that staff is terrible, incompetent, should be fired, etc... so spare it. I have mentioned that some situations are unfortunate and I have not personally called out ANYONE by name. I'm glad you all have opinions and comments, so why not paste them here instead of having one of my personal friends call with messages? Anyways, that is not the point... Seems like I did ruffle a few chicken feathers on calling some of you out on the Cosby thing. I will recind my earlier statement and in no way, shape, or form, did I single anyone out.... not players, coaches, or anyone. So you miffed up coaches, listen up... Let me size it up for you. CCHS IS NOT CHICKEN 5HT TO PLAY 1A COSBY HIGH SCHOOL! The school is not, the coaches are not, BUT the athletic directors and county school administration IS! There, you got it! If the true "leaders of the packs" would come together and arrange for both schools to play each other in football and basketball - NOT just in soccer and baseball, then it would be a win-win for both teams. I have addressed this topic before and I am going to again, so that the "CCHS coaching staff" can see my point and maybe along with others. AGAIN, no coach, from Cosby High or Cocke County High is chicken 5ht.... administration though... Even Stone Cold Steve Austin would say - Oh H--- Yeah! So that begs the question- why not play? Let examine shall we.

#1- Today's economy: life is tough and times are hard, we all know this. Even the TSSAA has changed the classification format to "better suit" traveling costs and etc. Even with Cocke Co.'s new opponents and scheduling, they will travel farther than to the Morristowns, Jeff Co.'s and Greeneville's. So with that said.... why not play, I did say play as in schedule and compete against..... (drum roll) Cosby High School? The school itself is like 10 or so minutes away.

#2- Playing Cosby, what ever for? : Ok here is some facts that I think both schools, coaches, players, parents, family pets, and whoever else involved should think about. This game and even playing a basketball series would bring some great things to Newport and the community. MONEY! Yeah, you know it, the green paper that makes the world go round? The very thing that fuels your athletic budgets. Think about it for a second. These games/series/scrimmages... whatever would bring more money to the table and would have many people, perhaps sellouts and standing room only at the athletic contests. Now for playing purposes, you would have to play the games at CCHS. So for you Cosby people, get over it. There is more capacity at CCHS and why would it even matter. (You may be able to get a basketball game at Cosby). There is an idea, hold all tickets for sale during the week, first come first serve! Allow people to camp out! Ramp up your season ticket prices and if people want to be guaranteed ticket to that one game, then they can buy the whole package! $$$$$$$$$$ So back to the money equation. Most of anyone that reads this knows that providing for a football team and even basketball teams does take money. Thousands of schools do not have fat athletic budgets, so teams sometimes do "fund raising" to get stuff like uniforms, jackets, etc. In today's times, expect to see more fund raising or even schools creating a "pay to play" option by charging activity fees. There are schools across the nation that do this. Anyways a Cosby/CCHS series would bring a ton of money. People will come out more for this game than anyone else. Bank on it! People love rivalry games, games you can brag about, and thats what these two schools already have, but for some strange reason, the will not play. I think I have already made that statement clear. With rising athletic costs with equipment, team transportation, uniforms, gym/field maintainance, refs, and a whole butt load of other things, a football game and 2 basketball games would bring a welcomed amount of money to BOTH schools. Your close, you do not have to pay significant travel fees, and the whole county is involved! What a tremendous idea! Market it, put it in the paper, have local/community pep rallys, GET IT ON! Get the radio stations and Plain Talk involved, it could be realy great. Give the kids something to get pumped up for and even this series would carry stories and bragging rights for generations. It works in Texas, California, and even Florida. Call it a "somthing" bowl, backyard brawl, or something and even carry it over to basketball. Anyone thats ever been a player will tell you that you get more charged up for a bitter rival more than anyone else. Ask anyone from Alabama bout that.. (ie- The Iron Bowl - Auburn vs. Alabama). So anyways money gained from these events help BOTH schools and really would help the administration with athletic budget concerns. Plus you could use some of the money to buy those "nicer" uniforms you want, shirts and other stuff to help get players out, etc.... you all get the idea and I don't have to list everything. Again, it's a win-win situation, so why not? I know there is not anyone reading this or even with a heartbeat athletically that would not want to make money for their programs.

#3- Security: Well here we go on this one. The one thing heard the most of that prevents this series from happening. Is there going to be some sort of massacre at these games? When have you ever heard of numerous people getting shot and killed at athletic contests. I highly doubt that a football game in Newport is going to spark some sort of international soccer riot. So why not play? If Austin-East and Fulton can play, you think Cosby/CCHS is going to be any worse? Puuhleeze! There are teams and communities in Texas that take football far more serious than people in Newport, TN and they still play. Yeah you may have a few drunks, some people cussin and drinkin tussin, maybe a fight, but what animated athletic contest does not have that anyways? I mean the school has already paid for security to be present. I'm sure it would not be World War III like some envision it.

#4- The Hype/History: There are a lot of people that want this. Some say otherwise, but come on.... why not. Again, it would be a good thing and even for the kids to get hyped up and even with the teams, if they are not doing well during the season, the extra motivation would be good for the coaches to get fired up for.

There you have it, a cliff notes version from the other posts. Make it happen school board members, principals, athletic directors, booster club parents, and area business sponsors and quit having the FEAR of doing so!

Part 2-

I'm deeply touched that even my performance training alone was commented on. I trained basically 2 members of this years football team. Let's name them - Huffdaddy and BiggieKeller. I'm sure everyone will know who these 2 are and let the kids have fun with it. Anyways, these 2 kids were mentioned in breath of their performances in the Jamboree this past fall. Well, it is certainly not my fault they finished not where you wanted them, so don;t put the blame on me. After even checking training files, let me say in defense... With Huffdaddy, the last time I worked with him on any kind of 40 yard dash stuff, speed mechanics, glute/hip training, plyometrics, back/frontside mechanics, whatever... was on 12/28/07 right before his ARMY combine in San Antonio, TX. With BiggieKeller, the same stuff previously stated was 2/9/08. I worked with both of these players (student-athletes) mostly on strength training starting in late April to May 23, 2008. No sprinting, no agility/plyometrics, just weights only during that span of about a month. SOOOOOOOOO. That would give these two individuals (the ones who did score some of the 65 total points you scored the entire season!) about 6 months or so of DETRAINING other than the half paced gassers you guys ran. With the absence of an inseason lifting program, just add to it. *Remember- never abort the mission! Why lift all winter, spring and summer... then not do it during the season? Anyways it takes (normally stated through research) 2 weeks of detraining or non training for sprinters and speed athletes to have a negative performance effect. So if I did not do any "speed" work for 6 months with these players, and nor did you guys, I would not put anything on either of them winning too many foot races.... besides, you coaches put the best ones (the fastest) YOU had out there! Or at least the fastest ones you thought you had. Doesn't say too much for the speed aspect of your developmental player program. With that, I will stop the negativity. It's not about last year, this past football season, it's now about NOW! Sure you guys are hearing a lot from the community and life is tough, but stink it up, thats what being a coach is and many will tell you it comes with the territory. With that said, there is really no excuse on why you guys (CCHS) cannot win 3 or 4 ball games at the least every year. I will say you guys because I do not know what coach is doing all the talking/speaking from today's conversation. It applies to the whole staff. In no way am I bitter about the school board crap. I have to actually thank you! I get to work with NFL teams, pro athletes, state championship caliber high school teams all while soaking it up in 75+ weather as we speak while you guys freeze your arses off. Even though the kids and parents were disappointed, as was I... I now thank you! In closing, this will probably be my last post on this topic. This is a dead horse thats been whipped just too much. This whole thing, football, basketball, cosby/cocke co. is all about the kids. We are all coaches and role models to all of these kids. Their lives are affected by athletics and the losses and successes that come with them. I put every ounce I have into the training I do with kids in order to motivate them and challenge them. I do tell all to have the same work ethic and attitude for school and for life. It's the kids.... the ones I care about, past & present. I was invited here by a complete outsider that wanted me to comment, not to come here and dish out sour grapes. I have none. I hope the whole coaching staff at CCHS can win. Just do whats right for the kids and I hope some of my suggestions would or could help. No matter what, I have always offered my assistance and you "coaches" know that! If anything is left to be said, then say it. At least 3 Cosby coaches, even the football head coach has posted on here. I am done!

*** ATTENTION ***

Well looks like some of these posts have finally caught the attention of the CCHS coaching staff... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let me "address"..... once again a few things. First off, shut it on the personal bashings.... I have not once stated on here that ANYONE of that staff is terrible, incompetent, should be fired, etc... so spare it. I have mentioned that some situations are unfortunate and I have not personally called out ANYONE by name. I'm glad you all have opinions and comments, so why not paste them here instead of having one of my personal friends call with messages? Anyways, that is not the point... Seems like I did ruffle a few chicken feathers on calling some of you out on the Cosby thing. I will recind my earlier statement and in no way, shape, or form, did I single anyone out.... not players, coaches, or anyone. So you miffed up coaches, listen up... Let me size it up for you. CCHS IS NOT CHICKEN 5HT TO PLAY 1A COSBY HIGH SCHOOL! The school is not, the coaches are not, BUT the athletic directors and county school administration IS! There, you got it! If the true "leaders of the packs" would come together and arrange for both schools to play each other in football and basketball - NOT just in soccer and baseball, then it would be a win-win for both teams. I have addressed this topic before and I am going to again, so that the "CCHS coaching staff" can see my point and maybe along with others. AGAIN, no coach, from Cosby High or Cocke County High is chicken 5ht.... administration though... Even Stone Cold Steve Austin would say - Oh H--- Yeah! So that begs the question- why not play? Let examine shall we.

#1- Today's economy: life is tough and times are hard, we all know this. Even the TSSAA has changed the classification format to "better suit" traveling costs and etc. Even with Cocke Co.'s new opponents and scheduling, they will travel farther than to the Morristowns, Jeff Co.'s and Greeneville's. So with that said.... why not play, I did say play as in schedule and compete against..... (drum roll) Cosby High School? The school itself is like 10 or so minutes away.

#2- Playing Cosby, what ever for? : Ok here is some facts that I think both schools, coaches, players, parents, family pets, and whoever else involved should think about. This game and even playing a basketball series would bring some great things to Newport and the community. MONEY! Yeah, you know it, the green paper that makes the world go round? The very thing that fuels your athletic budgets. Think about it for a second. These games/series/scrimmages... whatever would bring more money to the table and would have many people, perhaps sellouts and standing room only at the athletic contests. Now for playing purposes, you would have to play the games at CCHS. So for you Cosby people, get over it. There is more capacity at CCHS and why would it even matter. (You may be able to get a basketball game at Cosby). There is an idea, hold all tickets for sale during the week, first come first serve! Allow people to camp out! Ramp up your season ticket prices and if people want to be guaranteed ticket to that one game, then they can buy the whole package! $$$$$$$$$$ So back to the money equation. Most of anyone that reads this knows that providing for a football team and even basketball teams does take money. Thousands of schools do not have fat athletic budgets, so teams sometimes do "fund raising" to get stuff like uniforms, jackets, etc. In today's times, expect to see more fund raising or even schools creating a "pay to play" option by charging activity fees. There are schools across the nation that do this. Anyways a Cosby/CCHS series would bring a ton of money. People will come out more for this game than anyone else. Bank on it! People love rivalry games, games you can brag about, and thats what these two schools already have, but for some strange reason, the will not play. I think I have already made that statement clear. With rising athletic costs with equipment, team transportation, uniforms, gym/field maintainance, refs, and a whole butt load of other things, a football game and 2 basketball games would bring a welcomed amount of money to BOTH schools. Your close, you do not have to pay significant travel fees, and the whole county is involved! What a tremendous idea! Market it, put it in the paper, have local/community pep rallys, GET IT ON! Get the radio stations and Plain Talk involved, it could be realy great. Give the kids something to get pumped up for and even this series would carry stories and bragging rights for generations. It works in Texas, California, and even Florida. Call it a "somthing" bowl, backyard brawl, or something and even carry it over to basketball. Anyone thats ever been a player will tell you that you get more charged up for a bitter rival more than anyone else. Ask anyone from Alabama bout that.. (ie- The Iron Bowl - Auburn vs. Alabama). So anyways money gained from these events help BOTH schools and really would help the administration with athletic budget concerns. Plus you could use some of the money to buy those "nicer" uniforms you want, shirts and other stuff to help get players out, etc.... you all get the idea and I don't have to list everything. Again, it's a win-win situation, so why not? I know there is not anyone reading this or even with a heartbeat athletically that would not want to make money for their programs.

#3- Security: Well here we go on this one. The one thing heard the most of that prevents this series from happening. Is there going to be some sort of massacre at these games? When have you ever heard of numerous people getting shot and killed at athletic contests. I highly doubt that a football game in Newport is going to spark some sort of international soccer riot. So why not play? If Austin-East and Fulton can play, you think Cosby/CCHS is going to be any worse? Puuhleeze! There are teams and communities in Texas that take football far more serious than people in Newport, TN and they still play. Yeah you may have a few drunks, some people cussin and drinkin tussin, maybe a fight, but what animated athletic contest does not have that anyways? I mean the school has already paid for security to be present. I'm sure it would not be World War III like some envision it.

#4- The Hype/History: There are a lot of people that want this. Some say otherwise, but come on.... why not. Again, it would be a good thing and even for the kids to get hyped up and even with the teams, if they are not doing well during the season, the extra motivation would be good for the coaches to get fired up for.

There you have it, a cliff notes version from the other posts. Make it happen school board members, principals, athletic directors, booster club parents, and area business sponsors and quit having the FEAR of doing so!

Part 2-

I'm deeply touched that even my performance training alone was commented on. I trained basically 2 members of this years football team. Let's name them - Huffdaddy and BiggieKeller. I'm sure everyone will know who these 2 are and let the kids have fun with it. Anyways, these 2 kids were mentioned in breath of their performances in the Jamboree this past fall. Well, it is certainly not my fault they finished not where you wanted them, so don;t put the blame on me. After even checking training files, let me say in defense... With Huffdaddy, the last time I worked with him on any kind of 40 yard dash stuff, speed mechanics, glute/hip training, plyometrics, back/frontside mechanics, whatever... was on 12/28/07 right before his ARMY combine in San Antonio, TX. With BiggieKeller, the same stuff previously stated was 2/9/08. I worked with both of these players (student-athletes) mostly on strength training starting in late April to May 23, 2008. No sprinting, no agility/plyometrics, just weights only during that span of about a month. SOOOOOOOOO. That would give these two individuals (the ones who did score some of the 65 total points you scored the entire season!) about 6 months or so of DETRAINING other than the half paced gassers you guys ran. With the absence of an inseason lifting program, just add to it. *Remember- never abort the mission! Why lift all winter, spring and summer... then not do it during the season? Anyways it takes (normally stated through research) 2 weeks of detraining or non training for sprinters and speed athletes to have a negative performance effect. So if I did not do any "speed" work for 6 months with these players, and nor did you guys, I would not put anything on either of them winning too many foot races.... besides, you coaches put the best ones (the fastest) YOU had out there! Or at least the fastest ones you thought you had. Doesn't say too much for the speed aspect of your developmental player program. With that, I will stop the negativity. It's not about last year, this past football season, it's now about NOW! Sure you guys are hearing a lot from the community and life is tough, but stink it up, thats what being a coach is and many will tell you it comes with the territory. With that said, there is really no excuse on why you guys (CCHS) cannot win 3 or 4 ball games at the least every year. I will say you guys because I do not know what coach is doing all the talking/speaking from today's conversation. It applies to the whole staff. In no way am I bitter about the school board crap. I have to actually thank you! I get to work with NFL teams, pro athletes, state championship caliber high school teams all while soaking it up in 75+ weather as we speak while you guys freeze your arses off. Even though the kids and parents were disappointed, as was I... I now thank you! In closing, this will probably be my last post on this topic. This is a dead horse thats been whipped just too much. This whole thing, football, basketball, cosby/cocke co. is all about the kids. We are all coaches and role models to all of these kids. Their lives are affected by athletics and the losses and successes that come with them. I put every ounce I have into the training I do with kids in order to motivate them and challenge them. I do tell all to have the same work ethic and attitude for school and for life. It's the kids.... the ones I care about, past & present. I was invited here by a complete outsider that wanted me to comment, not to come here and dish out sour grapes. I have none. I hope the whole coaching staff at CCHS can win. Just do whats right for the kids and I hope some of my suggestions would or could help. No matter what, I have always offered my assistance and you "coaches" know that! If anything is left to be said, then say it. At least 3 Cosby coaches, even the football head coach has posted on here. I am done!

Yep, all that can be said has pretty much been said. I just want the program to get where it needs to be so the kids, parents, and community can have something to get behind again. It's hard to play for the team because the kids take a lot of crap because they haven't won much. It's not easy to get up for a game when the kids go in on Friday mornings and hear how much ya'll losing by this week? Hopefully this is the low point for the program, and it will start to get back on track. Work hard this offseason guys. Best of luck to Coach Kelley. No matter what happens on the field this year, you can still look back and have great memories of the times you had playing football for CCHS.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, all that can be said has pretty much been said. I just want the program to get where it needs to be so the kids, parents, and community can have something to get behind again. It's hard to play for the team because the kids take a lot of crap because they haven't won much. It's not easy to get up for a game when the kids go in on Friday mornings and hear how much ya'll losing by this week? Hopefully this is the low point for the program, and it will start to get back on track. Work hard this offseason guys. Best of luck to Coach Kelley. No matter what happens on the field this year, you can still look back and have great memories of the times you had playing football for CCHS.

How will the new classification work for Cocke County? Hopefully it will give them a chance to win more games and build more confidence with the kids in the program. I hope Cocke Co. will get on track. Word is that they lose a ton of seniors off of the team. I hear that one football senior is happy to be back in basketball and his father agrees. They said it will be very hard for the football program next year, so hopefully the coaches can get more people out and also keep them involved and fired up.

I also want to thank "WPFAST" for taking the time to answer some of my questions and rumors that I have heard. I am sure there are more sides to the story. WPFAST, thank you again for the information you personally sent to me. We will definately use the workouts and suggestiuons in our offseason programs. The plyometric section and speed workouts are phenomial! You seem to be a class act and thanks again for helping our program. I simply cannot understand why Cocke County High School and even the school board would not want someone with your professional experience involved or even to be used as an advisor. That is what I cannot understand. If your ever up near Chattanooga, please come see us and thanks for taking your time to help!

How will the new classification work for Cocke County? Hopefully it will give them a chance to win more games and build more confidence with the kids in the program. I hope Cocke Co. will get on track. Word is that they lose a ton of seniors off of the team. I hear that one football senior is happy to be back in basketball and his father agrees. They said it will be very hard for the football program next year, so hopefully the coaches can get more people out and also keep them involved and fired up.

I also want to thank "WPFAST" for taking the time to answer some of my questions and rumors that I have heard. I am sure there are more sides to the story. WPFAST, thank you again for the information you personally sent to me. We will definately use the workouts and suggestiuons in our offseason programs. The plyometric section and speed workouts are phenomial! You seem to be a class act and thanks again for helping our program. I simply cannot understand why Cocke County High School and even the school board would not want someone with your professional experience involved or even to be used as an advisor. That is what I cannot understand. If your ever up near Chattanooga, please come see us and thanks for taking your time to help!

The new classifications actually make it harder on CCHS to have any success. Seymour, Sevier, and Jeff come into the conference while Volunteer, Crockett, and Greeneville go out. Take Volunteer and Crockett out which can be wins and replace them with Seymour and Sevier which is more likely to be two losses. They lose the whole team basically. Probably gonna be rough times ahead. I'd be glad to be in basketball too, it feels better to win that lose. IDK why they didnt welcome Parker in, my guess is control and jealousy. Just a guess tho.

The new classifications actually make it harder on CCHS to have any success. Seymour, Sevier, and Jeff come into the conference while Volunteer, Crockett, and Greeneville go out. Take Volunteer and Crockett out which can be wins and replace them with Seymour and Sevier which is more likely to be two losses. They lose the whole team basically. Probably gonna be rough times ahead. I'd be glad to be in basketball too, it feels better to win that lose. IDK why they didnt welcome Parker in, my guess is control and jealousy. Just a guess tho.

Well your right... and the more and more I hear about it from people who still live in Newport, it probably was "control" and "professional jealousy."

I had school board members lie to parents and turn their backs on me. No one in that county will stand up for the kids and why should a few parents and even myself (even though I lived in Charlotte, NC!).

It's just like the case 3 weeks ago when some of these "coaches" used a personal friend of mine to relay a message to me. They have my number, they can call, or they can come on here and answer the posts, statements, or what not. Truth hurts and again, a few of Cosby's coaches have replied on here, but when it comes to CCHS coaches.... nothing but tumbleweeds there. Spare me the "we aint getting dragged into some game" deal. The coaches at that school hate me. Why? I have no idea other than I held their players more accountable and worked kids harder than they did. These coaches have never had the stones to EVER talk to me professionally... EVER! I tried to offer my services, advise, and professional knowledge and they chose to decline. I'm fine with it. Thats their call and I moved on, simple as that. They (CCHS FB) wanted to do things... "the old way"... and thats their choice. Well the "old way" or "old system" got you ZERO wins with the same team you returned with a more basic offensive terminology/execution (spread passing offense vs. basic I-formation/2 back set). I am done with this back and forth nonsense. I will reply to any questions on this thread if anyone askes them, but I am done whipping this already dead horse, or rooster I should say.

Finally, I will say this... Good luck CCHS... with the new league and new TSSAA system, your going to need it!

• 1 month later...

Well your right... and the more and more I hear about it from people who still live in Newport, it probably was "control" and "professional jealousy."

I had school board members lie to parents and turn their backs on me. No one in that county will stand up for the kids and why should a few parents and even myself (even though I lived in Charlotte, NC!).

It's just like the case 3 weeks ago when some of these "coaches" used a personal friend of mine to relay a message to me. They have my number, they can call, or they can come on here and answer the posts, statements, or what not. Truth hurts and again, a few of Cosby's coaches have replied on here, but when it comes to CCHS coaches.... nothing but tumbleweeds there. Spare me the "we aint getting dragged into some game" deal. The coaches at that school hate me. Why? I have no idea other than I held their players more accountable and worked kids harder than they did. These coaches have never had the stones to EVER talk to me professionally... EVER! I tried to offer my services, advise, and professional knowledge and they chose to decline. I'm fine with it. Thats their call and I moved on, simple as that. They (CCHS FB) wanted to do things... "the old way"... and thats their choice. Well the "old way" or "old system" got you ZERO wins with the same team you returned with a more basic offensive terminology/execution (spread passing offense vs. basic I-formation/2 back set). I am done with this back and forth nonsense. I will reply to any questions on this thread if anyone askes them, but I am done whipping this already dead horse, or rooster I should say.

Finally, I will say this... Good luck CCHS... with the new league and new TSSAA system, your going to need it!

Looks like CCHS is really working pretty hard this offseason. They have workout logs, diet plans, and are keeping up with progress in lifts as well as running. Glad to see effort being put into the offseason program. Work hard guys and try to be competitive out there by playing and working hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like CCHS is really working pretty hard this offseason. They have workout logs, diet plans, and are keeping up with progress in lifts as well as running. Glad to see effort being put into the offseason program. Work hard guys and try to be competitive out there by playing and working hard.

Bout time they started something.... I will go on record to say that whoever told one of my former athletes up there that an ideal lineman should weigh 170 pounds is just plain retarded. Yeah you do not want offensive big skill players to be comeplete lard tails, but saying they need to be lean and quick would help if you were in a lower classification, not 5A football.

Good luck to CCHS though... I hope some of those kids go down to Knoxville for the UT strength clinic and learn some stuff that can help them.

As a current player on the team, WP...I love that you get on here and dog our football program!! You are not here and involved in the program so you really have no dog in the fight. Im sorry how things happened when you were here. You talk about how we do no offseason workouts yet we have a 4th period class where we speed train and weight train. Also in that 4th period class we have over 50 kids in the class and that isnt all the kids we have playing...All you have done on this site is talk about all the negative things in cocke county and yet again i say you arent here so you really dont have a dog in the fight!!! Why not mention some positives???? As a player i dont believe in all my years in the program I have never heard not one coach say anything about the ideal lineman being 170 pounds!!!! Also i dont think its a bad thing if as a team we go watch another game after our season was over and we ate at hooters with our coaches.......SO WHAT! The season was over and we were just hanging out with our coaches! Also i dont think any of the coaches on our staff are RETARDED like you do!! Also our coaches don have us on some stupid gag order!!!!!! WE CAN GET ON WHAT WE WANT!!!!!! So I am sorry but i think that untill you are here and involved in the new program we are involved in then you shouldnt be talking about us!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

"Why not mention some positives????"

Positives??? What Positives??? The Cocke County Football Program hasn't had anything thing positive happen since you ran WP off!!!! heck there were none before him either for the exception of the Bubba White & Dan Hammonds era....The program is a joke the coaches are lousy and it will remain that way until someone steps up and removes everyone that has anything to do with the program right now...AND hey CCHS21 your coaches must not be too bright or you guys might have won some games homie /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

As a current player on the team, Wes Parker...I love that you get on here and dog our football program!! You are not here and involved in the program so you really have no dog in the fight. Im sorry how things happened when you were here. You talk about how we do no offseason workouts yet we have a 4th period class where we speed train and weight train. Also in that 4th period class we have over 50 kids in the class and that isnt all the kids we have playing...All you have done on this site is talk about all the negative things in cocke county and yet again i say you arent here so you really dont have a dog in the fight!!! Why not mention some positives???? As a player i dont believe in all my years in the program I have never heard not one coach say anything about the ideal lineman being 170 pounds!!!! Also i dont think its a bad thing if as a team we go watch another game after our season was over and we ate at hooters with our coaches.......SO WHAT! The season was over and we were just hanging out with our coaches! Also i dont think any of the coaches on our staff are RETARDED like you do!! Also our coaches don have us on some stupid gag order!!!!!! WE CAN GET ON WHAT WE WANT!!!!!! So I am sorry but i think that untill you are here and involved in the new program we are involved in then you shouldnt be talking about us!!!!!!!!!!

Nice for you to take the time and call me out by name... it's ok... I'm famous anyways. With that said, I think it would be fair to ask you your name and your involvement with the CCHS program. Also, I want to know why you obviously never stepped up and attended any of my programs, workouts, clinics, or other things I was assisting other members of your team while I was in the area? For me not to have a "dog in the fight" is way off.... other than being an alumni, a former athlete in 3 team sports at CCHS, a former teacher/coach/trainer, and having wasted a little over a year and a handful of weeks dealing with the school board, athletic director, various coaches, and having my name brought up in the local paper via stories and letters to the editor about my positive envolvement..... I think that would qualify for some type of "dog in the fight". Besides I owe any response or future involvement to the current athletes I have trained at CCHS and for the parents, coaches, and athletes who did support me and my programs.... not any naysayers, people who stated that athletic performance training was "useless and overrated", and especially anyone who thinks the things I did was not in the best interests for their own kids, teammates, and teams at CCHS.

I await your reply sir ("CCHS21")... by the way, there is a speed clinic in Jefferson City on March 14th. Please see that post on this message board. Would be an invaluable resource for you and your teammates for the upcoming season.