2A AP Poll

I would like to see Alcoa take on the eventual winner of the playoff matchup between Milan-Lewis Co. I don't think either of them have a shot BUT it is my opinion that I want to see someone other than Goodpasture play Alcoa in the title game.

That 2004 game between Alcoa & Huntingdon was the GREATEST GAME in which I have ever had a chance to see on a stage as big as the Blue Cross Bowl. High Drama & Action Filled /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Goodpasture made it to the finals by winning the west bracket.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture made it to the finals by winning the west bracket.

They deserved to be there also........

I am just saying that they don't matchup well with Alcoa. The same can be said for many great teams here in the midstate.

Alcoa beat the brakes off of David Lipscomb in the 2004 semifinals as well. That was the final game for both Austin Rogers & Burton Elrod as Mustangs. I think the final was 35-14.

I know that in 2005 I was at the game between Huntingdon @ Goodpasture. I was hoping that the Mustangs would win that game. I thought they had it when Donald ran off tackle and went 70 yards for a TD. I wanted to see a Huntingdon-Alcoa Part II that year. Instead what everyone saw was a demolishing. Goodpasture got an introduction to a beating that year. Shiverdecker went nuts. The following two years the Cougars got more and more speed on their teams. That was shown in their wins over David Lipscomb each of those seasons. Still though they were manhandled by Alcoa in the title games each of those years.

Well Alcoa is an open zone district school, if i am not mistaken... which means anyone in that area may attend if they like... there isnt a certain group of people that have to go there, thats where the athletes go, and they do well.... no broken rules, just the way it is... and Alcoa should be #1 until they stop winning championships, i haven't seen anyone in 2A come very close... i remember 2006 when everyone thought Goodpasture would beat them since they were killing everyone... yeah, Alcoa showed up and brought them back down to earth...

Well Alcoa is an open zone district school, if i am not mistaken... which means anyone in that area may attend if they like... there isnt a certain group of people that have to go there, thats where the athletes go, and they do well.... no broken rules, just the way it is... and Alcoa should be #1 until they stop winning championships, i haven't seen anyone in 2A come very close... i remember 2006 when everyone thought Goodpasture would beat them since they were killing everyone... yeah, Alcoa showed up and brought them back down to earth...

did you have to bring up the "open zone"? thats just an excuse for people. THink of any talented alcoa football player from any year , and more than likely they came from the Hall community , its just been blessed and put out athletes for years. None you will think of have lived outside Alcoa city limits. Were good cause of determination and a great coaching staff. not cause we "recruit" or just let " anyone attend in that area if they like".

did you have to bring up the "open zone"? thats just an excuse for people. THink of any talented alcoa football player from any year , and more than likely they came from the Hall community , its just been blessed and put out athletes for years. None you will think of have lived outside Alcoa city limits. Were good cause of determination and a great coaching staff. not cause we "recruit" or just let " anyone attend in that area if they like".

I couldn't let this one go. If that's the case why is Chris Shiverdecker listed as being from Jefferson City in the Carson-Newman media guide. I'm not accusing Alcoa of anything. Everyone in the state (except Maryville) is jealous of your success. I've just always wondered how he ended up at Alcoa.

I couldn't let this one go. If that's the case why is Chris Shiverdecker listed as being from Jefferson City in the Carson-Newman media guide. I'm not accusing Alcoa of anything. Everyone in the state (except Maryville) is jealous of your success. I've just always wondered how he ended up at Alcoa.

He moved into the Alcoa city limits and lived with a family member. Don't think you can accuse us of recruiting, his family relocated. Seems illness or something may have been involved.

Well he actually lived in Alcoa with his family , who moved here because of a family issue , thats really good recruiting right?? and he is also listed as a RESIDENT OF , not FROM in that guide , and thats probobly because he attends Carson Newman /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> i might be wrong but prolly not , considering i went to school with him and know him very well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

anybody else you want to know about?

Well he actually lived in Alcoa with his family , who moved here because of a family issue , thats really good recruiting right?? and he is also listed as a RESIDENT OF , not FROM in that guide , and thats probobly because he attends Carson Newman /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> i might be wrong but prolly not , considering i went to school with him and know him very well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

anybody else you want to know about?

Shiverdeckers entire family pretty much lives in alcoa and he came to live with an aunt because of a family situation where someone was sick. He has been around alcoa all of his life. And as far as the anyone can attend, that is not true at all. Anyone can attend as long as they are in the city limits of alcoa. If you do not live in alcoa you must apply as a tuition student and be accepted by the school board and principle. I know of one example this year where jock stinson from fulton had tried to enroll in alcoa city schools and was rejected. Keep in mind that this was a kid who would have without a doubt helped alcoa. When you look at the players that have helped alcoa win these state championships, starting with the 2000 (James Rainer, Jamel sankey, jonathan harris,jerome robinson,michael george) and thru the current streak (Brandon warren, dustin lindsey,rae sykes,randall cobb,troy hodge,martin white,chase james and so on) all of these kids live and grew up in alcoa.

He moved into the Alcoa city limits and lived with a family member. Don't think you can accuse us of recruiting, his family relocated. Seems illness or something may have been involved.

I thought he had a run in with the coach at Jefferson Co. It has been some time but I think the "incident" cost the coach his job. That boy could sure move!!!

did you have to bring up the "open zone"? thats just an excuse for people.

I don't think of it as excuse, as much as fact.

Such as Milan, where we have very STRICT district rules. Rules that cost us 5 games to forfeit couple years ago. I'm in no way trying to take away that you guys are an awesome team. But when it comes to TN and zones and districts, I think we need a STATE guideline. Because obviously, anyone in your area that is the least bit athletic is going to try to join your team because you guys bring in the media and have attention drawn to you. I mean out here in the west, and Gibson Co. because that's where I live, You may be in the Milan district, where your neighbor across the street is in the Bradford district, with NO football team, and your neighbor to the west may be in the Gibson Co. district. I just think we need set rules across the state for public schools.

Shiverdeckers entire family pretty much lives in alcoa and he came to live with an aunt because of a family situation where someone was sick. He has been around alcoa all of his life. And as far as the anyone can attend, that is not true at all. Anyone can attend as long as they are in the city limits of alcoa. If you do not live in alcoa you must apply as a tuition student and be accepted by the school board and principle. I know of one example this year where jock stinson from fulton had tried to enroll in alcoa city schools and was rejected. Keep in mind that this was a kid who would have without a doubt helped alcoa. When you look at the players that have helped alcoa win these state championships, starting with the 2000 (James Rainer, Jamel sankey, jonathan harris,jerome robinson,michael george) and thru the current streak (Brandon warren, dustin lindsey,rae sykes,randall cobb,troy hodge,martin white,chase james and so on) all of these kids live and grew up in alcoa.

Ya , and out of those , most lived in the HAll community , so much talent in that community , must be in the water.......the sweetwater ;]

who alls coming to watch us play tomorrow?