A/AA Playoff contest

BigG

G,

I saw 2 1/2 games of CAK play this year at state, and I was impressed with your team. The controlled the game, and deserved the title. I wonder, though, if the final result would have been the same had CAK had to play FRA in the semi-finals, and ND had been on the other side of the bracket like you guys were (alll alone...).

I agree that the roads that both took to get to the finals were definitely different. Much more emotion and rivalry in FRA's side. Tough to play "up" for so many games in a row.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the overall "Golden Goose" contest:

Coniglio: 129 (CURSES!!!)

Big G: 127 (Tie breaker going to Big G for goals scored...)

Timbdp: 127

RGossett: 124

DonC: 90

Express: 89

MVM: 86

YoDuke: 74

SCHSdad: 70

In the "Golden Duckling" contest (which is just state predictions)

Coniglio: 80 (Tie breaker going to Fluff Head because he predicted 27 goals and I chose 28!)

Big G: 80

Timbdp: 80

RGossett: 80

Express: 48

Disastergirl: 48

DonC:40

MVM: 40

Kylevol: 32

YoDuke: 32

SCHS: 24

G,

I saw 2 1/2 games of CAK play this year at state, and I was impressed with your team. They controlled the game, and deserved the title. I wonder, though, if the final result would have been the same had CAK had to play FRA in the semi-finals, and ND had been on the other side of the bracket like you guys were (all alone...).

Another thing I wanted to mention. I thought the crowd at the FRA/CAK game was both larger and louder than the crowd at the Siegel/Brentwood game. Not sure why those two middle-Tennessee teams didn't bring more fans down for the finals. Since girl's soccer isn't football, they aren't used to playing in front to very large crowds, and it is interesting to see how the "12th player"

(i.e. the crowd) can help impact a game....

All alone?

I believe he was referring to your comment about CAK being "(all alone) on the other side of the bracket"...

I guess I should have clarified what I meant. ND, FRA, and CAK were the top 3 programs in A/AA this year. Other than the FRA/CPA regional finals game, they never lost against any other A/AA program. You had to end up with 2 on one side of the bracket, and one on the other side. CAK certainly wasn't alone, but with wins of 6-0 and 4-1, they didn't face a strong callenge until the final. Having said that, both of these claims were close for about 1/2 of the game, but in the end, SC and CPA couldn't "hang" with CAK, IMO.