kingston vs knox catholic

jackets98

ok for 1,catholic has over 1,000 kids,and who cares about basketball,and yes yall do recruit,both of the vann boys are from anderson county,ur kicker is from stone memorial,so yea dont feed me that crap on they dont recruit,but thats fine well see how far they go in the playoffs again,prolly another 2nd round exit,and u talk about kingston, they have more tradition than catholic,do ur homework son,at least our players have always been home grown,not baught.

I'm going to say this one more time, and only one more time because once again I'm sick of hearing it. So please. Listen very closely.

CATHOLIC DOES NOT RECRUIT

See, now that wasn't so hard was it? Maybe coaches have met a player or two outside of school to "discuss" playing football. Maybe. But you can't honestly say that Kingston has not done that with at least one player. Catholic has not offered anyone a scholarship. They are not allowed to. Let's say I'm the coach for Kingston. If a player is looking to move schools, i guarantee you I would at least try to convince him to come here. I would give him the strong points of my school. Is that not recruiting? Technically. But it isn't recruiting in the sense of what colleges do. Any players from out of county that go there at least had an initial interest in Catholic before talking to the coaches. And all the coaches can say is that they would be glad to have this person on the football team. They can't go out and say "Okay, i like this guy from Anderson county. He's really good. Let's get his phone number and try to convince him to switch schools." No. Not by any means.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say this one more time, and only one more time because once again I'm sick of hearing it. So please. Listen very closely.

CATHOLIC DOES NOT RECRUIT

See, now that wasn't so hard was it? Maybe coaches have met a player or two outside of school to "discuss" playing football. Maybe. But you can't honestly say that Kingston has not done that with at least one player. Catholic has not offered anyone a scholarship. They are not allowed to. Let's say I'm the coach for Kingston. If a player is looking to move schools, i guarantee you I would at least try to convince him to come here. I would give him the strong points of my school. Is that not recruiting? Technically. But it isn't recruiting in the sense of what colleges do. Any players from out of county that go there at least had an initial interest in Catholic before talking to the coaches. And all the coaches can say is that they would be glad to have this person on the football team. They can't go out and say "Okay, i like this guy from Anderson county. He's really good. Let's get his phone number and try to convince him to switch schools." No. Not by any means.

Thanks for your intelligent reply. If you look at the better schools in this district, I know that you find players that have changed schools, abandoned their middle school teams or "moved"/gone to schools outside of where they are zoned. Most of it is done legally and the rules are followed. Styles at Fulton is a prime example and the kid had to wait until all the proper documentation was in place before he was allowed to participitate. Catholic is far from the only school in the area that "recruits" if you want to call it that. You can substitute about any school in the area that is experiencing success in their respective sport and say the same thing. This could be said of Maryville, Alcoa, OR, Catholic , Fulton, A-E in football, Farragut and Bearden in baseball, Fulton in basketball, etc. The bottom line is that kids want to play for a winner and put themselves in a position to play at the next level if possible. The success of these programs sells the players and parents on the benefits of being there.

But like Eddie Muyphy said in Raw "what have you done for me lately" last I checked A-E has 1 win vs. Catholic. Instead of worrying about Catholic you should probably concentrate on Fulton, they've had your number over the last few years (Coach P has his team focusing on Kingston). Good Luck on Friday.

Fulton doesn't have AE number.. I mean, they have beat them the last 3 years but heck, yall beaten everyone the last 3 years but you don't have anything to say about that do you? I mean, where's the GOLD BALL? hahahahaha

I'm still picking Kingston over Cat...

Fulton doesn't have AE number.. I mean, they have beat them the last 3 years but heck, yall beaten everyone the last 3 years but you don't have anything to say about that do you? I mean, where's the GOLD BALL? hahahahaha

I'm still picking Kingston over Cat...

We have alot to say, it just doesn't include GOLD BALLS. I guess you could say that Catholic has your number then. You've only gotten 1 win against us but it did help you play 1 more game than us last year.

But at least we teach our players how to spell, use proper grammar and capitalization. Let's see...drive by Kingston to Catholic if my school doesn't have a team or shorten my drive by 30 minutes and play in the blue and orange...no thanks even with high gas prices I'd rather be at Catholic /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

...and our football teams has probably doubled the number of basketball wins you've had in the last 2 years in this season alone /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You might be right. There are more opportunities at Catholic, but no matter how u slice it, it is still a private school. At Kingston they play with players they get, Kingston doesn't get a choice on who enters their school and Catholic along with every other private school does. State law says if you live in the district you gotta take that kid, not the same for Catholic they can pick and choose athletes and students they want. The coaches may not recruit but the facilities and opportunities makes kids wanna go there. Basically the school recruits itself. As far as not teaching grammar and how to spell, if I recall your Head Coach and Dean of Discipline are Roane County School System graduates , I think they do alright for themselves. You would rather be at Catholic ok that's your choice but don't knock public schools, not everyone can afford Catholic. I like public schools they represent community involvement and tradition and thats why Kingston will have more people there Friday. By the way this is a football board not basketball, what you gonna bring up next Catholic girls softball, oh probaly not since your football wins double those to.

You might be right. There are more opportunities at Catholic, but no matter how u slice it, it is still a private school. At Kingston they play with players they get, Kingston doesn't get a choice on who enters their school and Catholic along with every other private school does. State law says if you live in the district you gotta take that kid, not the same for Catholic they can pick and choose athletes and students they want. The coaches may not recruit but the facilities and opportunities makes kids wanna go there. Basically the school recruits itself. As far as not teaching grammar and how to spell, if I recall your Head Coach and Dean of Discipline are Roane County School System graduates , I think they do alright for themselves. You would rather be at Catholic ok that's your choice but don't knock public schools, not everyone can afford Catholic. I like public schools they represent community involvement and tradition and thats why Kingston will have more people there Friday. By the way this is a football board not basketball, what you gonna bring up next Catholic girls softball, oh probaly not since your football wins double those to.

You make an interesting point but as Irishbball is saying that's not the case in Knoxville. Most of the programs in Knoxville have kids playing on their teams be it basketball, football softball, or whatever with kids zoned for other schools. They go there because of that's schools success. Most of the kids at Catholic come from the Catholic feeder schools (Scared Heart, St. Joseph's or St. John Neuman). We do get some kids from the public schools also, but I can name a few schools outside of Knoxville that has kids playing from other counties,Knoxville included, so it's hard to say that Catholic recruits and everyone else is innocent. Someone mentioned the Vanns playing at Catholic from Anderson County, what about the kids from Knoxville playing at Anderson County? Those kids are there because of exposure and tradition. If Catholic was losing would anyone even care? Because they win they cheat give me a break that song is getting old and has been for the last 3 years. Maybe the move to AAA/5A will be good for the Irish so the current teams they play (except for Fulton and Stone) can stop whining.

And for Turtle, I agree with everything you said, that's why I'm still picking Fulton.

You've just reaffirmed much of what I was saying in my earlier posts. If you read what's written in bold, you will see we are on the same page. I'm not knocking public schools. they do bring a sense of community involvement and tradition as you say but so does Catholic. it's a pretty tight-knit community also. Would I be correct in saying that Kingston hasn't had anyone transfer there from Harriman, Rockwood, Midway for sports purposes? I was just harrassing Jackets 98 for making inaccurate claims and defending the Irish. Didn't even know we had a softball team.

You make an interesting point but as Irishbball is saying that's not the case in Knoxville. Most of the programs in Knoxville have kids playing on their teams be it basketball, football softball, or whatever with kids zoned for other schools. They go there because of that's schools success. Most of the kids at Catholic come from the Catholic feeder schools (Scared Heart, St. Joseph's or St. John Neuman). We do get some kids from the public schools also, but I can name a few schools outside of Knoxville that has kids playing from other counties,Knoxville included, so it's hard to say that Catholic recruits and everyone else is innocent. Someone mentioned the Vanns playing at Catholic from Anderson County, what about the kids from Knoxville playing at Anderson County? Those kids are there because of exposure and tradition. If Catholic was losing would anyone even care? Because they win they cheat give me a break that song is getting old and has been for the last 3 years. Maybe the move to AAA/5A will be good for the Irish so the current teams they play (except for Fulton and Stone) can stop whinning.

And for Turtle, I agree with everything you said, that's why I'm still picking Fulton.

You missed my whole point, Irishbball was downing a public high school and I was simply stating they get to choose who enters there school and public schools don't, 8 to 15 % of kids in public schools are on free lunch; wonder how many go to Catholic: probably the same amount of special ed kids that go there ZERO, Catholic has over 600 kids, if they played in the same private division Webb did they would be going .500 every year, and as far as traditon goes when has Anderson County ever won anything in Football or any other sports beside volleyball.

ok i really could care less who wins in the regualr season,i could care less about basketball season,lets just see if catholic can make it outta the 3rd round,and if they do get lucky and make it to state game,watch out for another private school david lipscomb,its great how private schools play in public classifications,and u wanna talk about the kicker again,he could of went to cookeville its closer for him,and they have a pretty good program,if your a kicker and good,colleges will take you no matter how good you are,its not a skill positon.