DeKalb @ Sycamore

DEKALBFAN

Pottete is a great QB, but don't think his only weapon is his arm. I think he is a better running than a passer. The only way you beat Dekalb is to get the ball first and score (on a long time consuming drive around 8 to 9 minutes).

Dekalb can go 80 yards in 60 seconds. Ty fields (upperman) runs the same offense but can't run like Pottete...

Pottete is the real deal and I don't see anyone stopping him.....

Dekalb by at least 2 tds

i understand your saying pottete is the real deal but thats just their offense. can dekalb stop sycamores running game? not many people have been able to

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they can stop the run pretty good. They forced White House into passing when they usually rely on their running abilities. We got a good line. And fast secondary.

secondary? white house hardly ever throws and they tore yalls secondary apart. sycamore is like white house. they rely on the run but can pass when they need to. does anybody remember who was the top sophomore qb in middle tn two years ago? he played for eagleville? now he plays for sycamore. jake simms!!! Do your research. so you cant say that sycamore cant throw the ball

secondary? white house hardly ever throws and they tore yalls secondary apart. sycamore is like white house. they rely on the run but can pass when they need to. does anybody remember who was the top sophomore qb in middle tn two years ago? he played for eagleville? now he plays for sycamore. jake simms!!! Do your research. so you cant say that sycamore cant throw the ball

Ummm. DeKalb and Station Camp are LIKE White House. The only advantage I see for Sycamore is that they'll be at home. Unless Sycamore has some home cooking going on, unless Poteete totally has a meltdown, I don't see Sycamore winning.

I think Sycamore playing at home is going to be a big advantage in this game. They typically play a tough game at their place and being senior night in Pleasant View I expect a good turnout from the War Eagle faithful. I expect it to be a good one, I would like to see if Sycamore can contain Poteete because he is a darn good football player. I also want to congradulate Coach Halstead and his coaching staff on a great season and being back in the playoffs. There have been some rumbelings and bad talk about Sycamore and not winning as much as the people in the area think they should. I will tell you one thing this team is fundamentally sound plays good defense and runs the football. All this is a product of good coaching and kids that play hard. I would like to see Sycamore get the win Friday and thats why im going with the War Eagles.

Sycamore - 34

DeKalb - 28

Well they may can throw, but their QB doesn't compare to Poteete at all. Just wait until Friday and you will have to see to believe he will burn you in a second. He can run and pass so go ahead an try to contain him either way he's good. We'll just have to see.

Well idk what happened to him cuz he wasn't even a top QB in the region last year! and dont give me the sycamore is a running team because if he was that good they would have changed thier O...like DeKalb did they saw his potential at QB and decided to run the O that best suited they players they had

Yes they can stop the run pretty good. They forced White House into passing when they usually rely on their running abilities. We got a good line. And fast secondary.

First, I have to point out that when someone drops 49 on you....your Defense didn't "force" anything lol!!!!

With that being said, I think it is clear DeKalb is the better team here. For some of the people on here saying it is just the offense and that is why Poteete is a good QB you obviously have not been paying attention. Granted the offense is the perfect fit for Poteete....but that is what good coaches do...put their athletes in the best position to suceed!!

DeKalb wins 39-21

Well they may can throw, but their QB doesn't compare to Poteete at all. Just wait until Friday and you will have to see to believe he will burn you in a second. He can run and pass so go ahead an try to contain him either way he's good. We'll just have to see.

Well all i have heard about is Poteete and how he is God of Dekalb county. Just remember football is a team sport. One man isnt going to decide this game. Sycamore has played one man and even three man teams in the past and have proved sucessful. So you cant base your prediction off of the ability of one player. I know that athletically player for player sycamore stacks up better. Sycamore has several weapons, Dekalb has one. Its all in how Sycamore is prepared for this game. I know they are beaten up pretty bad right now so you cant expect thier best effort. I mean they are in the playoffs already. There is no point in getting more players hurt or not giving the injured guys time to rest when all this game has to offer is a better seed. It would be different if the seed determined a home or away play off game but it doesnt. I see sycamore playing thier best ball with who they have healthy. You can probably already expect to see alot of second string players getting some PT for sycamore.