RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

BandDawg

I'd love to hear from Riverdale fans, telling us Smyrna Fans who to watch on your squad. Are there and D1 prospects?.........any young up and come'ers?...........any playmaker to watch for?

IF any of you care, here are some playmakers to watch for on the Smyrna Team:

Of course you know about #5 (Sophmore).............#45 (Sophmore) is a heck of a LB will be a D1 recruit next year, no question.............#15 (Jr)OLB/TE..........is fast and Physical..............#4 (JR) OLB very fast and VERY PHISICAL............#65 G/C (SR) 6'2 275, D1 prospect...........#59 DT/NG/OG 6'2 280 quick off the ball and causes a lot of problems in the backfield...........#9 (WR) Nice hands and has big play potential............#6 (SR) nice change up from Bryson, hits the holes with bad intentions, hard runner.

Who is number 4? I dont remeber any sophmores from last year that could be a good OLB this year. Is #15 still nick richardson? if so he is a senior. Deion is absolutley the best athlete smyrna has had in a long time. I know that is a bold prediction, but this kid has all the tools to play at the next level, plus a great attitude and work ethic.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is number 4? I dont remeber any sophmores from last year that could be a good OLB this year. Is #15 still nick richardson? if so he is a senior. Deion is absolutley the best athlete smyrna has had in a long time. I know that is a bold prediction, but this kid has all the tools to play at the next level, plus a great attitude and work ethic.

#4 is Andrew Jenkins; He's about 6'1 or 6'2 and about 210/215 and always seems to be around the ball. They have him at WR/SS in their website but he plays Strong Side OLB in most set.

Sorry your right #15 Nick Richardson, he is a (SR)

I agree with you about Mr. Meadows, What a player, I've been around football all my life and have not seen a young player with as much potential as him.

I'd love to hear from Riverdale fans, telling us Smyrna Fans who to watch on your squad. Are there and D1 prospects?.........any young up and come'ers?...........any playmaker to watch for?

IF any of you care, here are some playmakers to watch for on the Smyrna Team:

Of course you know about #5 (Sophmore).............#45 (Sophmore) is a heck of a LB will be a D1 recruit next year, no question.............#15 (Jr)OLB/TE..........is fast and Physical..............#4 (JR) OLB very fast and VERY PHISICAL............#65 G/C (SR) 6'2 275, D1 prospect...........#59 DT/NG/OG 6'2 280 quick off the ball and causes a lot of problems in the backfield...........#9 (WR) Nice hands and has big play potential............#6 (SR) nice change up from Bryson, hits the holes with bad intentions, hard runner.

#20 is a great back unfortunatly you really wont see much of it also #7 is a very good football player Alex Smithson is being recruited by several D1 schools i think he is #52 also #6 can be a playmaker at times also at times #34 makes some plays...look forward to the game

GO WARRIORS

#4 is Andrew Jenkins; He's about 6'1 or 6'2 and about 210/215 and always seems to be around the ball. They have him at WR/SS in their website but he plays Strong Side OLB in most set.

Sorry your right #15 Nick Richardson, he is a (SR)

I agree with you about Mr. Meadows, What a player, I've been around football all my life and have not seen a young player with as much potential as him.

I forgot about jenkins. Last year the OLB's were called SS's. He is a good player as well but tends to pout when things go bad. Has he really gained that much weight? I never thought he could get up to 210. He has great field speed.

I forgot about jenkins. Last year the OLB's were called SS's. He is a good player as well but tends to pout when things go bad. Has he really gained that much weight? I never thought he could get up to 210. He has great field speed.

He still has the speed and he is a nice sized kid. I think he is a bit bigger then Richardson.

I have not seen him pouting very much this year. Like I said earlier, he is around the ball a lot and makes some big hits.

Oh yea, they are still in the hunt. They may need some help. I think they need to win out and Smyrna needs to lose out. There is also a scenario where Riverdale can get in if WC loses this week to LaVergne and loses to Smyrna the following week. With any scenario, Riverdale needs to win out

A big win for Riverdale Friday will put Smyrna and Riverdale both at 3-3 in the region. Then Week 10 means a lot.

Now, Selfish me, I??™d like to see Smyrna win Friday to end it all for Riverdale but I know that will not be easy. It will be a great atmosphere and a great game and I can??™t wait for it.

Would someone in the know please try to confirm this? I had heard before the season started that if Riverdale did not make back to the semifinals or championship game then the head coach would be gone. The person who I got the info from is someone I respect a great deal so is there anyone that can confirm or deny this.

Would someone in the know please try to confirm this? I had heard before the season started that if Riverdale did not make back to the semifinals or championship game then the head coach would be gone. The person who I got the info from is someone I respect a great deal so is there anyone that can confirm or deny this.

Well I'm sure not in the know and please let me be clear on this "THIS IS AN OPINON" I fell Riverdale will make a move if they do not make the playoff. They may make a move even if the get to the playoffs and are taken out early.

I know Riverdale has been down for their standards but you also have to look at the rise of the other Rutherford county schools and that has a lot to do with it.

With that said Riverdale can and should be good in the near future. Will they be dominating? No. The reason being is because of the overwhelming growth of the surrounding schools.

With that said I'm not sure that the style of play this staff is sticking with is the right fit for Riverdale. I fell it will not let the athletes shine as they could in a more wide open style. The Wing T is an offence that put less talented teams, in better situations to win, over teams that have A better skilled squads. Riverdale has as much or more talent, then anyone on their schedule and the Wing T is holds them back, in my opinion.

If this staff is willing to change the style of play to fit the athletes they have, then maybe the Riverdale folks would be willing to keep them around. It looks as though that will not happen and change will be in the future and maybe very soon.

Let me say this as well as a follow up on my above comment. Coaches don??™t fumble, Coaches don??™t miss tackles, Coach??™s don??™t block, and Coaches don??™t drop balls. Sometimes, I fell we blame the coaches too much. But is this situation I feel the staff is not using the talent right and putting their players in the best position to win as Riverdale folks expect, as they should.

Some people will read this and fell I??™m blaming the kids. Well to a small degree, I do in some cases. Players are on the field executing and they have control of what happens out there 90% of the time. I??™m sure this will cause some backlash as it has in the pasted but I feel it??™s true.

Is Riverdale still in the play-off hunt? When was the last time the warriors failed to make it to post season?!?

According to the DNJ today it was 1990! In other words WAY before any of the players and some of the coaches in the Region were BORN!

As to whether Coach A is gone, I do not know. It does not look good for getting tenure though. This years team is purely his as NONE of the players were ever exposed to Rankin other than as spectaters as middle schoolers.