Shelbyville - Columbia

robotman

Well its Shelbyville vs. Columbia for the district tournament Championship of District 8AAA. Should be a good matchup since these were the 2 best teams in the district. The only bad part about it is that they both have to play District 7AAA and they have owned us for a while. Both of these teams need to step up big time to beat District 7AAA.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL THE AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT AFTER THE GAME ON WED NIGHT.

Why is it that one district is so much better than the other. Is it enrollment, coaches, facilities what? Shelbyville has played Riverdale twice and it hasn't been close. What do they have that Shelbyville or Columbia doesn't? What can these teams do to pull off the upset? I had a guy come by my office today and say that it doesn't matter who wins the District 8AAA, they can't get out of the region. Comments?

Why is it that one district is so much better than the other. Is it enrollment, coaches, facilities what? Shelbyville has played Riverdale twice and it hasn't been close. What do they have that Shelbyville or Columbia doesn't? What can these teams do to pull off the upset? I had a guy come by my office today and say that it doesn't matter who wins the District 8AAA, they can't get out of the region. Comments?

One reason is that the other district has many Divison One Club players on it. Look at Riverdale. I believe it is the Smith girl is going to UTC. Shelbyville or Columbia has no players signed or committed. The difference between division one and two is tremendous.

He who has the most club players will win.

If both teams are loaded with club players (like Riverdale and Siegel are and other teams around the state) than it's just a plain ole dog fight and makes for great games and great soccer.

I think I read that somewhere

Vandy I wish more Middle school and High school coaches would recommend club ball during the off season. Regardless of whether it's a D-3 team or a D-1 team. I know it's got to make their job as coaches easier knowing that your team can go straight into teaching tactics and not skills.

Although I think "G" is the one to answner this one.

Vandy I wish more Middle school and High school coaches would recommend club ball during the off season. Regardless of whether it's a D-3 team or a D-1 team. I know it's got to make their job as coaches easier knowing that your team can go straight into teaching tactics and not skills.

Although I think "G" is the one to answner this one.

MVM, there is no other reason. We both said it at the same time. You are exactly right. It has to be started in the younger years and parents have to make that commitment. I know for a fact, it is very time consumng and expensive.

One reason is that the other district has many Divison One Club players on it. Look at Riverdale. I believe it is the Smith girl is going to UTC. Shelbyville or Columbia has no players signed or committed. The difference between division one and two is tremendous.

haley sloan also is going to UTC and our goalie chelsea jackson went for a visit to UTC last weekend too