Brentwood vs. Independence...any thoughts?

bearfeet

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few days before the game and nary a post in sight regarding the Bruins/Eagles game on Friday. What are Brentwood's strengths/weaknesses compared with Independence's strengths/weaknesses? Predictions?

i know BHS very stout defense with only 92 pts allowed but i do believe Indy will be able to pass the ball around and manage to put some points on the board - Indy does not have a running game , except for Heckmans 647 rushing yards on 111 attempts so expect the ball to be put up at least 3o times - It may be hard to get off 30 passes if the INDY defense does not step up as they have been exploited on the ground all year and spending way too my much time on the defensive side of the ball -

BHS should win but think it will be alot closer then what everyone expects, and Indy may just have enough to squeak out a win

i know BHS very stout defense with only 92 pts allowed but i do believe Indy will be able to pass the ball around and manage to put some points on the board - Indy does not have a running game , except for Heckmans 647 rushing yards on 111 attempts so expect the ball to be put up at least 3o times - It may be hard to get off 30 passes if the INDY defense does not step up as they have been exploited on the ground all year and spending way too my much time on the defensive side of the ball -

BHS should win but think it will be alot closer then what everyone expects, and Indy may just have enough to squeak out a win

It is all about ball control. If Indy can keep a balanced attack and minimize turnovers, they should have a shot. The excuses are weak. Yes, they may have graduated a lot of talent and yes, they may be young. But now is the time to have some pride and put on a good showing. Indy CAN beat Brentwood but will they? That's another story.

Since Indy is out of contention for the post season, all they are playing is the spoiler role. They can possibly deny Brentwood the region title.

It is all about ball control. If Indy can keep a balanced attack and minimize turnovers, they should have a shot. The excuses are weak. Yes, they may have graduated a lot of talent and yes, they may be young. But now is the time to have some pride and put on a good showing. Indy CAN beat Brentwood but will they? That's another story.

Since Indy is out of contention for the post season, all they are playing is the spoiler role. They can possibly deny Brentwood the region title.

What are you guys smoking? Are you kidding me? Have you even been paying attention the last nine weeks of the season. Brentwood is 7-1, ranked 5th in the state and beat Franklin who is ranked #4. Region 6 5A is the strongest region in the state this year and Brentwood is sittiing on top of it. Their defense is dominating, their offense has come around nicely and is better than you know. They have probably six different backs that coiuld take over a game individually. You can't just stop one guy with this team. It's a complete team with a bunch of weapons, a bunch of depth, and there aren't many weaknesses. You say Indy can beat this team? Well they sure haven't shown that potential up to this point.

The Bruins will be ramping up for the playoffs after a week off and this game will begin to set the tone for the next six weeks. The time is now Bruins, you want a state championship...go get it.

Giving Ron Crawford two weeks to scheme and prepare against a one-dimensional team is not a good bet for victory.

Giving Indy one week to prepare for the option attack it doesn't see at all during the season is another bad bet for victory.

Senior Night at BHS, two wins from winning the Region title; again, the odds don't tilt toward Indy.

Payback for last season thrown in against a rested and healthy Bruin squad- naw, doesn't look good from an outside observer.

What are you guys smoking? Are you kidding me? Have you even been paying attention the last nine weeks of the season. Brentwood is 7-1, ranked 5th in the state and beat Franklin who is ranked #4. Region 6 5A is the strongest region in the state this year and Brentwood is sittiing on top of it. Their defense is dominating, their offense has come around nicely and is better than you know. They have probably six different backs that coiuld take over a game individually. You can't just stop one guy with this team. It's a complete team with a bunch of weapons, a bunch of depth, and there aren't many weaknesses. You say Indy can beat this team? Well they sure haven't shown that potential up to this point.

The Bruins will be ramping up for the playoffs after a week off and this game will begin to set the tone for the next six weeks. The time is now Bruins, you want a state championship...go get it.

I am not smoking anything but please pass the bottle you are sipping from. Don't chalk up the state title to the Bruins just yet. You were right on the money with saying Region 6 5A is the strongest which means Brentwood may see the likes of Franklin and Centennial again down the road. I do agree that the Bruins are stacked on both sides of the ball AND that Indy winning is HIGHLY unlikely. Just don't put the cart before the horse. The Bruins are going to have some tough competition after the next two weeks are in the books.

On another note...it is quite possible that all four play-off teams from this Region could advance on to the second round even the 4th seed. What a region!

Everything on paper states that Brentwood will take this game easily. Indy is a proud team. and for the criticism they have been taking, the defense shouldnt have to think about what plays the offense is going to run.Brentwood will and has run the same plays over and over...why? because they can. Its very seldom that they pass, in the games that I have watched.

Defense needs to take away the attack at the line of scrimmage, (tough task) and contain on the outside....force the pass.

I dont think Indy will lay down...they know better. They can take this game if they can execute their game plan.

The pressure is on Brentwood...Indy fans need to support their team as well...

I am not smoking anything but please pass the bottle you are sipping from. Don't chalk up the state title to the Bruins just yet. You were right on the money with saying Region 6 5A is the strongest which means Brentwood may see the likes of Franklin and Centennial again down the road. I do agree that the Bruins are stacked on both sides of the ball AND that Indy winning is HIGHLY unlikely. Just don't put the cart before the horse. The Bruins are going to have some tough competition after the next two weeks are in the books.

On another note...it is quite possible that all four play-off teams from this Region could advance on to the second round even the 4th seed. What a region!

i agree with all four teams having chance to get to the second round,had chance to look at hendersonville few times this year and they would have to play a perfect game to beat any of them, Gallatin, has some good size, and speed, but not nearly enough talent