LCHS Panthers

dream n it

What can we expect from the Lenoir City Panthers this year? Both Tyler Hood and Dylan Powers had good showings over the summer, Hood especially strong with the Travelers. Will they be able to compete with the likes of Maryville, Bearden and Farragut this season? Just curious.... any thoughts? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can we expect from the Lenoir City Panthers this year? Both Tyler Hood and Dylan Powers had good showings over the summer, Hood especially strong with the Travelers. Will they be able to compete with the likes of Maryville, Bearden and Farragut this season? Just curious.... any thoughts? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Who did Dylan play AAU with this past summer?

I doubt LC can hang with Bearden but they should be able to compete with Maryville and Farragut. I think Bearden is in a league of their own in the district.

Tyler Hood is a great player but it takes more than a couple of people to make a team, I think LC has alot of good players on the team and I say they will go far. Hayden Parks, Coty Harvey, Bobby Ault, Matt Bivens, Jared Hilton, Caleb Mabry and thats just a few. GO PANTHERS!

Who did Dylan play AAU with this past summer?

I can't remember the name of the team. The coach of the team also helps coach at Maryville, I believe his last name is Nelson but not positive. Has Hood had any college offers? I think he will play at the next level I'm not sure it will be D1 but should play college ball somewhere.

I can't remember the name of the team. The coach of the team also helps coach at Maryville, I believe his last name is Nelson but not positive. Has Hood had any college offers? I think he will play at the next level I'm not sure it will be D1 but should play college ball somewhere.

Rodney Nelson, who used to be Maryville High School's coach, coached the AAU team in question. Rodney is now a volunteer assistant coach at Maryville College.

I doubt LC can hang with Bearden but they should be able to compete with Maryville and Farragut. I think Bearden is in a league of their own in the district.

LC needs to compete with teams in the District not named Bearden, Maryville, and Farragut...with Bearden and Farragut having an extreme size advantage its hard for LC to match up..with Maryville we will have trouble matching the athleticism and the coaching. We need to take care of business with the bottom of the district and hope for an upset in the tourney, which can happen.

LC needs to compete with teams in the District not named Bearden, Maryville, and Farragut...with Bearden and Farragut having an extreme size advantage its hard for LC to match up..with Maryville we will have trouble matching the athleticism and the coaching. We need to take care of business with the bottom of the district and hope for an upset in the tourney, which can happen.

LC probably has the best coach in the district. All of the teams in the district will have trouble with Bearden; however, it's a toss-up from there for LC, Farragut and Maryville. Also, I would expect that William Blount will be a player again this year (a very good coach, who like LC's coach, cares about his kids and knows how to get the most out of them).

It will be interesting early to see how things shake out in the district. Too bad some of these team are not in District 3. Any of the five mentioned above would be no less than 2nd in that one.

• 4 weeks later...

Who are you? I know all the players at LC, and none of them believe the crap coming out of your mouth. They all expect to compete in the district. They have the depth, talent, and coaching to do exactly that. You might want to spend some time learning the game before opening your mouth to comment on it. I don't believe for one second that you are an LC player. You could be a former coach! That is much more believable.

I would hope that your not implying that I am this knit wit spouting this garbage...I have nothing but love for the Lenoir City program and Coach Wells...He is an outstanding coach and I wish them the absolute best. I don't care too much for some people in Lenoir City but the current players, their parents, and the coaching staff are not those people. Good Luck Panthers, and Coach Wells. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CW

LC should finish 3rd. They absolutely will be ahead of Farragut and behind Murvil and Bearden. Hood is an excellent player, problem is he has very little support. He has several mediocre players around him that benefit from the attention he draws. LC better do something this year and next, because the word on the street is they have a sophomore class that should just hang it up.

As for Wells being the best coach in the district you are crazy. Eldridge is by far the best coach, Blevins is second, then Coach Wells. That is not a knock on Wells, he is just not there yet. He knows the game very well, and once he improves his in-game decisions he will quickly become the 2nd best coach in the district. Sorry not first, Eldridge is the best game-time coach I have seen around this area.