Ooltewah Owls vs Soddy Daisy Trojans

VOID70

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I wasn't that concerned after the 1st half - confused, but not concerned. I was definitely surprised.

You would have though Sawdy invented the slant route after the first half because that's all they ran and it was wide open everytime. Was even wide open beginning of the 3rd but Seamster made a GREAT play on the ball and recovered and picked it off. You knew Sawdy couldn't keep getting big plays like that and they were going to throw atleast a 1 or 2 more INTs when they're passing that much.

I think the best part (other than Polk - to bad Benny wouldn't run him one more time for 300) was when #34 at DE celebrated by pounding his chest 2 or 3 times after a good play for a loss of yardage and the Sawdy fans all booed him for it. But I'm sure we're still considered the 'classless fans'.

And what was up with the refs on the punt down at the 1-yard line early in the game? They made the call and change it literally 5 minutes later. Very confusing.

Congrats Ooltewah on the Region Title.

Hello Owl and Trojan Fan's

Soddy has an improved team over last year. The Owl's are big and fast as normal. As an unbiased observer I offer these thoughts......

Soddy... you better bring your "A" game if you hope to win this game. Play mistake and penalty free. If you turn the ball over your in trouble.. Put 7 or 8 in the box ("wide") on defense. Try to force the owls to throw and hope you can run with their wideouts.. If you can get some turnovers........ maybe......

The Owl's should do what they do best... Run the ball.. Bring pressure on defense with press coverage to stop the quick routes ... Also ..... Tackle Bubba Haney... He had a career night against us.......

I'll take the Owl's by 3 TD's

Good luck to both teams.. Hope everyone stays injury free....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Dang... Am I good or what???????? ( see bold highlights above )

Congrat's to the Owl's for the win and the region title...

Congrats to Soddy for a good season and playoff berth..

Good luck to both teams next week

owlfanatic... I told you about "Bubba"... He's got heart.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I better get off here before I hurt my arm patting myself on the back...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

Go Govs...

And what was up with the refs on the punt down at the 1-yard line early in the game? They made the call and change it literally 5 minutes later. Very confusing.

That had to be the most amateurish officiating I have ever seen. Why were these guys doing a region championship game? They looked clueless all night.

Good fight SD and GREAT job Owls!

To be honest I wasn't that concerned after the 1st half - confused, but not concerned. I was definitely surprised.

You would have though Sawdy invented the slant route after the first half because that's all they ran and it was wide open everytime. Was even wide open beginning of the 3rd but Seamster made a GREAT play on the ball and recovered and picked it off. You knew Sawdy couldn't keep getting big plays like that and they were going to throw atleast a 1 or 2 more INTs when they're passing that much.

I think the best part (other than Polk - to bad Benny wouldn't run him one more time for 300) was when #34 at DE celebrated by pounding his chest 2 or 3 times after a good play for a loss of yardage and the Sawdy fans all booed him for it. But I'm sure we're still considered the 'classless fans'.

1. Confused 2. Surprised = Concerned /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> #8 practiced all week playing that far off (per coaches) could nt give up coverage scheme.......anyway Owls coaches made good adjustment at half and shut them down but my hat is off to SD for very good game plan, should ve had a plan B at half. As far as hitting yourself on the chest after a good play i think it s inmature and classless myself but thats just me. I know emotions run high but it gets old everytime you watch any level game and thats all you see it s getting old.

Whatever. That is far from immature and classless. I'm not sure how you could think that unless you're 70ish and one of the pro-no celebrations in the NFL. Kid was just excited. He didn't taunt anybody. He wasn't even facing anybody. Its not different than throwing up your arms in celebration after making a good play.

And I wouldn't called it concerned. I asked myself 'what just happened'? But if you were sitting around me then you'd know I wasn't worried about the second half. Sawdy was full of big plays from ST and busted coverages so I knew it wasn't going to continue. It was only a matter of time.

Whatever. That is far from immature and classless. I'm not sure how you could think that unless you're 70ish and one of the pro-no celebrations in the NFL. Kid was just excited. He didn't taunt anybody. He wasn't even facing anybody. Its not different than throwing up your arms in celebration after making a good play.

And I wouldn't called it concerned. I asked myself 'what just happened'? But if you were sitting around me then you'd know I wasn't worried about the second half. Sawdy was full of big plays from ST and busted coverages so I knew it wasn't going to continue. It was only a matter of time.

I agree with 2Seam, we would have thought the same thing had one of their players gotten up and beaten his chest after a play. I prefer to see players act like they've been there before and I'm sure our coaches do as well.

Not really. It happens at every level of the game. Players don't get booed for it in college and pro for doing it. It's not like he was doing the Sean Merriman dance and taunt routine. Robert Ayers for UT does it a lot and even Jacquez does it - never seen anyone boo people for pounding his chest twice. Happens in basketball as well. I can't count how many times I saw Chris Lofton do it in a big game situation where he made a clutch 3.

Yeah it is. But that doesn't make celebrating a good play classless. Seriously.

Seriously..........everybody s tired of evry kid doing it everytime something hapeens IT S OLD.......REAL OLD. Bringing extra attention to yourself all the time is classless. Everyday at work when you complete a task, stand up and hit yourself on the chest and see what your co workers think /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />