Grace @ Cosby

old24eagle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if he were at the game, he would know the truth ,but out of his hate for Hampton ,he wouldn't admitt it. His motto is if Cloudland can't beat Hampton, praise anyone that does. He don't make any perdictions about tonights game but if Cloudland were to win, You would never hear the end of it. He was even wanting to make me a wager early in the year, I'm not hearing much about it now. I'm still game.

You need to settle down. This is just a game. I've been real careful with my words this year. Not done a whole lot of smack talking and we've won 6 games. Besides, gambling over a high school game is silly when you've got kids at home who could use the money. I think you know that. As for the Cosby game, just accept that you got beat. If Hampton was a superior team, they would have kept the Eagles out of the endzone. When I look at the rushing stats, Cosby had to have dominated Hampton up front to get that many yards. It ain't because of any hatred, I just see the facts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well on a unrelated note, what do some of you think Cosby has to do to win the game Friday night..??

I think in the one post I found in this thread about Cosby vs grace /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> some good points were made.

grace seems to have a lot of playmakers that can score quickly and it's going to be best for The Eagles to keep the them off the field. Will it take a few turnovers to stop the grace offense..?? Is the key on offense for The Eagles going to be ball control, grind it out plays..?? Do we try the pooch kick..?? I bet they haven't heard we used it against Hampton /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I obviously don't want you to give away the game plan but as a fan I'd like to know what some of the keys to the game are going to be (plus it will make me look smart when my wife and I are talking about it) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One-four dont even try to understan this useless muffin poop, all it will do is make you mad. C-ya 2moro night, should be a GOOD ONE!

Come on now BigBlue. I thought you liked KL now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

first, adam two five, its funny how you say Shelton has no class but when Hampton came to Cosby your senior year i saw you sittin on the hill behind the field goal post watching your TEAM strecth, and you say you have no respect for anybody in cosby, well i still have a little respect for you i just wish you would have stayed here at carson newman that way me and you could have been teamates but oh well i guess you didnt have enough love for the game.

GO EAGLES!!!!

i did warmups with my team in every game i played in.... they were doing pass patterns and i had a pulled hip flexer and it bothered me my hole senior year.... that is why i didnt do patterns..... but i was more focused that game than anyother in my life... and ready to play..... i love the game and have more heart than anyone you'll ever know... look at me i was 5'6 and 165 pounds.... i had to have heart....

anyways what position did you play and what position are you playing at the newman....

OK, call it luck or call it whatever you want to the fact of the matter is that we are pretty good football team. IF we beat Grace we will be the region champs, if we dont we will start getting ready for our first round playoff game, it all comes down to this, no matter what yall think happened we beat yall and it really ticks you off because now you have to actually watch somebody else carry off your precious region champioship. I'm not saying its going to be us, but we have just as good a chance as Grace does at winning and it should be a great game. If Grace's QB doesnt throw three picks they would've beat yall so how is Grace not the best team in the region instead of either one of us? Sounds like you guys got lucky that they turned the ball over, see all this luck crap can go both ways. I'm sure you see it as you forced Grace into those TO's and not the other way around, but I just think it was lucky. We've heard all the stuff that the Cloudland people said to you because you've told us many times, thats their opinion and we do not harbor bad feelings towards them for thinking they should have beaten us, but I've not seen ONE say that they are the best team in the region despite getting beat by us, personally I hope we can meet again in the playoffs because that is the only true way we are ever going to put an end to all this, unless we win again and then I guess it'll just be another fluke caused by the gravitational pull being off at ah... you know what I mean. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I'Lll agree with twofive, it is all wrong. Hampton had 2 unforced tutnovers in the game with Grace, Hampton was actually trying to intercept those passes, Hampton had as many turnovers as Grace did and 2 of them were unforced. As far as Cloudland not claiming to be the best in the region, they don't think they are. The only one they claim to be better than is Cosby. I talked to the Coach yesterday. I don't make things up. Hampton has lost some games this season and they didn't claim that they were the better team, They never even said they were the better team last week ,they did get cheated out of the win, but them and Happy Valley were very even. Hampton had a few more yards, but not enough to claim they were the better team. They have had a chance in every game they've played this season but they have lost to some better teams.I know whitch one's they were.

You need to settle down. This is just a game. I've been real careful with my words this year. Not done a whole lot of smack talking and we've won 6 games. Besides, gambling over a high school game is silly when you've got kids at home who could use the money. I think you know that. As for the Cosby game, just accept that you got beat. If Hampton was a superior team, they would have kept the Eagles out of the endzone. When I look at the rushing stats, Cosby had to have dominated Hampton up front to get that many yards. It ain't because of any hatred, I just see the facts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know a few at ole landerland. You had better be careful with your words. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They like pujo much more than you. At least you know where he stands!

I'Lll agree with twofive, it is all wrong. Hampton had 2 unforced tutnovers in the game with Grace, Hampton was actually trying to intercept those passes, Hampton had as many turnovers as Grace did and 2 of them were unforced. As far as Cloudland not claiming to be the best in the region, they don't think they are. The only one they claim to be better than is Cosby. I talked to the Coach yesterday. I don't make things up. Hampton has lost some games this season and they didn't claim that they were the better team, They never even said they were the better team last week ,they did get cheated out of the win, but them and Happy Valley were very even. Hampton had a few more yards, but not enough to claim they were the better team. They have had a chance in every game they've played this season but they have lost to some better teams.I know whitch one's they were.

100% true.....

i did warmups with my team in every game i played in.... they were doing pass patterns and i had a pulled hip flexer and it bothered me my hole senior year.... that is why i didnt do patterns..... but i was more focused that game than anyother in my life... and ready to play..... i love the game and have more heart than anyone you'll ever know... look at me i was 5'6 and 165 pounds.... i had to have heart....

anyways what position did you play and what position are you playing at the newman....

I played almost every position in high school and i play safety here at the newman, sorry that you had a hip flexor i didnt realize that, but why are you not here anymore? Im 5'8 and 150 pounds, so i have to have heart too not to mention be crazy enough to hit people twice my size and not think twice about it. I was looking forward to playin with you here and practicing against you since I had a pulled MCL your senior year against us

[/quot

guard, tackle, and end. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

looks like were gonna have to start goin GCA on some people and droppin 80 points on every team we can in order to get some respect. It don't matter what we do in Cosby with the pigskin it's always gonna be considered flukish luck. We could win the State this year and not get any respect from the Hampton crowd cause it would have to be luck to win 14 games wouldn't it . I mean nobody can win that many games without a little luck. We were lucky to beat Cloudland cause they were better than us , we were lucky to beat Unaka , cause they were better than us , we were lucky to beat Hampton cause they were better than us , MAN .......coaches in Carter County must be lousy to let a crappy team like cosby sweep all three 1A schools in the county.

Luck= when preparation meets opportunity.